MongoDB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 523 of over 523 interviews

Employee Referral16%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Nice experience, interviewers are friendly and willing to share information. The recruiter is very helpful and responsive. Coding question are very flexible, for example, questions on OOD design and fundamental knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • OOD for orders and coupons
    Answer Question

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Recruited phone screen, HM interview and 4 interviewer panel. Interview process was great right after last part... obviously being rejected is not the best way to end the process, but I think the way it was communicated could've been done better. So while eagerly waiting the interview feedback I get an email from the recruiter asking to schedule a call to discuss interviewer feedback, I ask if I can have some hints about the outcome, he provides none. We schedule the call for the next day, so I am left ruminating for the whole day, mostly assuming rejection due to the tone of the email... then there the use of exclamations... if you are going to reject someone I wouldn't use them, it is just unpolite. Then the next day comes, we have the call... all feedback is positive and everything great BUT we are not moving forward, we have other candidates we like more, why I wouldn't know, feedback was rather inane and of not much use. For a 2 minute call (which I appreciate) I would've rather had it directly and not go go through the discussion of scheduling a rather innocuous call. Everything was great interviewers were a delight to talk to... everything except that last bit of poor handling which left a sour taste at the end... adding it on top of rejection.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Interview in 4 stages: first with the hiring manager, then a live business case with a member of the team. Then you have to prepare a business case and present it to hiring manager and member of the team. And a final interview with hiring manager (and possibly next in line manager)

Interview Questions
  • - Behavioural questions - Case study: How would you present a new product feature to customers. It's important to simplify and use simple words and presentation as not all customers have a deep technical understanding. Translating technical concepts to non-technical people is key.

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Relatively quick response. Kind interviewer. They only wanted to hire US citizens when I applied - regardless of work authorization. Good to research the company and other similar companies before the interview so that you can ask relevant questions.

Interview Questions
  • General background questions - initial screening process only.

Application

Interview

Phone screening lead to the next round which was with the manager that I would probably be working under. Was told I would be given a response after a few days, radio silence. Can't say I was enthralled by any of it.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my strengths and weaknesses

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

All process took 2 months. From the first HR call I understood how cool the company is. They are professionals who looking for professionals. I passed 7 interviews - 4 techincal and 3 non-technical. It was challenging, but interesting. They understood I came with no previous knowledge of Cloud or Data bases, but still gave me a chance to show myself. I didn't get a job offer, as someone with better technical skills was chosen. I am definitely interested to learn more and try my luck again in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

The interview process at MongoDB was a surprising delight. First of all, the recruiters are super nice and responsive. It really feels that they want you to be successful. Throughout the whole process, they shared great tips before every stage and directed me in the right way. It is very uncommon that someone puts you on the correct path and fills you with confidence. The team itself was super nice and all of the interview stages felt professional, but without anyone trying to get under your skin, just making sure you are a good fit for the role and company. There were a couple of direct interviews with the team, including the team leader, following a short and a long presentation, all of which felt right and on spot. I wish other companies will adopt a similar model as this really put the candidate in the center of the process and it truly shows the great company culture at MongoDB

Interview Questions
  • How to approach a customer onboarding for an upcoming project

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Tel Aviv-Yafo)

Interview

3 interviews for now . First one HR , second one and third one technical skills. Practically asking about Atlas features and Mongodb. Also, clustering , linux skills and bash scripts . Plus , asking about my favorite language coding and why.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MongoDB (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana)

Interview

In a communication with recruiter via LinkedIn . Recruiter team was good and communicating but I feel as JD specific they didn't specify the role after facing interview with hiring manager I came to know it's all about Support like in case anyone who is using MongoDB product faces some Issue they will contact you and you have to support them till the issue resolved and my interest went like half after listening description of job as I was looking for something mix of development and operations or opportunity in cloud computing but roles doesn't match my expectations . Plus recruitment team will present this as a fancy job to you .Incase I will get this opportunity I m not going to join this role. They said that it's a database product but not a single questions was related to database and it feels like all stuff of system admin (linux) . Now coming to question as I said all OS stuff What is TCP/IP , UDP and what is zombie and orphans process. What is memory swap what is VM . What issue u face in day today activities all related to OS and networking .

Interview Questions
  • what is defunct process in Linux . what happened when you type www.google.com

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

The process involved three technical interviews tackling various topics but mostly concentrating around software engineering, databases (migration/ACID/BASE), and Linux. These interviews also included practical communication tasks. The next stage, dubbed "The Challenge", involved presenting a technical topic to a group of people that were assessing technical understand, and presentation and communication skills. The last stage was an interview non-technical interview with the hiring manager. It was a great experience. I felt very respected throughout the whole process, and the recruitment and interview support teams do their utmost to put you at ease. Honesty is highly valued and could see that people at MongoDB truly live by the company's core values.

Interview Questions
  • - Explain what the pipe operator in a Linux is and give some usage examples. - How would you tackle a terrabyte-scale migration process?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 523 Interviews