MongoDB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MongoDB (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a Phone interview for 1 hour long with the head of cloud Support team. Maximum questions related to technical behavioral. How I provide Customer support, handle Critical situation in my previous job, priotize issues and tasks

Interview Questions

• linux scp command, how to read 100-150 lines, how to list all .log files in a directory   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Normal HR interview followed by several interviews with other members of the company. Oddly, they seem to care more about the opinions of interviewers who you would not even be working with than the actual hiring manager/team members. Did not seem to be a very fair process.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance/accounting technical questions along with fit   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

The interview ask some behavior and (a little) technical questions on the phone interview and afterwards, may have another phone interview for technical (but didn't move to that stage)

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and set up a phone screen then a call with department member then video call with head of department. After the process the recruiter reached out to me to set up a time to talk, he missed the agreed upon call. Three weeks later he emailed and set up another time to talk which he didn't even answer the call or return my email or voicemail. this company is laughably unprofessional and I regret even wasting my time applying.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Applied online, contacted within 3 weeks for a simple phone screen about things on my resume (projects, what language is my favorite, experience), and if i know anything about MongoDB.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by a recruiter a week later. Got an initial phone interview with HR with normal behavioral questions. Was overall a pleasant experience and the recruiter was very responsive.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Basic phone screen with recruiter - basic behavioral questions.
    Then, they set you up for a technical phone interview. Mine asked some basic questions about what databases are and then we moved onto the technical problem.
    I made it to the final round, which is a three hour video interview with 2 technical problems. The first one was very easy and the second was medium leetcode difficult.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for the behavioral interview if you make it to the final round. I believe that's what held me back.   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB in February 2018.

Interview

Received email from HR and have a phone interview. This interview took nearly 30 minutes and ask questions like: WHY MongoDB? and Your favorite app. I did not move forward to the next step so I don't know what's the next.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about an HR call. Call was pretty typical, make sure you know why you want to work at MongoDB and what they do. After this received an invitation to a technical phone interview over a coding platform, pretty easy question. After this was invited to interview in person at the HQ. The inside was paid lunch with new grad employees and then 3 back to back interviews, 1 with a hiring manager and 2 with engineers. Overall fairly standard process.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a phone screen a few weeks later. It was a short phone interview which was resume-based and behavioral. The interviewer was nice and receptive. Overall good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

This was the final round for the internship interview. The process took about a month. There were four parts to the interview. 1) Lunch with the current Engineers 2) Technical Interview on Design 3) Technical Interview on Algorithm 4) Informal Interview on Resume

Interview Questions

• Given an array of jobs where every job has a deadline and associated profit if the job is finished before the deadline. It is also given that every job takes single unit of time, so the minimum possible deadline for any job is 1. How to maximize total profit if only one job can be scheduled at a time.   Answer Question