MongoDB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MongoDB (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a Phone interview for 1 hour long with the head of cloud Support team. Maximum questions related to technical behavioral. How I provide Customer support, handle Critical situation in my previous job, priotize issues and tasks

Interview Questions

• linux scp command, how to read 100-150 lines, how to list all .log files in a directory   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by a recruiter a week later. Got an initial phone interview with HR with normal behavioral questions. Was overall a pleasant experience and the recruiter was very responsive.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Basic phone screen with recruiter - basic behavioral questions.
    Then, they set you up for a technical phone interview. Mine asked some basic questions about what databases are and then we moved onto the technical problem.
    I made it to the final round, which is a three hour video interview with 2 technical problems. The first one was very easy and the second was medium leetcode difficult.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for the behavioral interview if you make it to the final round. I believe that's what held me back.   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about an HR call. Call was pretty typical, make sure you know why you want to work at MongoDB and what they do. After this received an invitation to a technical phone interview over a coding platform, pretty easy question. After this was invited to interview in person at the HQ. The inside was paid lunch with new grad employees and then 3 back to back interviews, 1 with a hiring manager and 2 with engineers. Overall fairly standard process.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a phone screen a few weeks later. It was a short phone interview which was resume-based and behavioral. The interviewer was nice and receptive. Overall good interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

30 min phone screening followed by a 45 min technical interview scheduled a few weeks later. Asked 3 technical questions that built on top of each other. The interviewer was not helpful when asking for clarification questions and even dropped the call half way through when interrupted. Very unprofessional interview.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter contacted me for an initial phone interview. We just went through my resume for about 15 minutes and then we talked for about 30 minutes about any questions I had about the internship program. Then I had a 45 minute technical interview. There seemed to be some organization issues on their end, as initially they told the interviewer 2pm when it was actually at 3pm, and they had scheduled two different interviewers for me and they both tried to call me, but they sorted it out. Asked some basic data structures questions on the difference between Linked Lists and Arrays.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings in binary, write a function that returns another binary string representing their sum.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MongoDB (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the new york area recruiter, very brief discussion of basic interview questions such as strengths and weaknesses, and general questions about the company. This was followed by a technical interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and showed interest in me for a job position. In my process, I had 2 phone interviews (director and hiring manager). Since I did not have time to come for an on-site interview, recruiter arranged 2 video interviews. I did well in all interviews and in my last video interview, I asked the director about next steps. He mentioned that if I came up to this point, it means I am about to get an offer after this. Next day recruiter calls me and talked about numbers and RSUs. I did not agree with some of the numbers, he went back and changed the numbers. Everything was going good and I was expecting an offer letter. One day recruiter calls me and asks me to come on-site to meet the team before he can extend me an offer. I came on-site and had a 3-hour interview with the team. Everything was good and the recruiter told me that he will let me know with a day or two. Nothing happened for a couple of days, I called the recruiter and found that had other candidates to take interview before making a decision. After a month they told me that they have selected another candidate, which is more suitable for the job. I am not happy the way they moved forward. My interview process from start to final decision took 4 months. Also, I did not understand why they were talking about Salary and RSUs. I was pretty shocked at how unprofessional the process was.
    I am very disappointed with company work culture and ethics. I won't recommend anyone to MongoDB. The interview process took 4 months and it was a waste.

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I made it through the first two rounds of interviews. Below is the process I went through:
    Online Application, Behavioral Interview with an HR employee who asked me questions about my resume, Technical Interview by one of their engineers where I had to screen share my code.

Interview Questions

• Describe a hashtable and a linked list
      How can you find the middle element in a linked list
      Write a program to calculate the first n prime numbers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MongoDB (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Interview process pretty straightforward, First had a behavioral interview with some basic questions about me. (Mainly just to weed out candidates who are obviously not fit)Followed by a 45 minute technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Question was straight out of leetcode combination sum: combination sum ii.   Answer Question