KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SecureLink (TX) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great culture, great leadership

Apr 26, 2022 - Senior DevOps Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of competency and ownership. Great people. Flexible work environment.

Cons

Historically lower salaries than area average.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales-driven development and out of touch executive team is driving good employees away

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work options, 401k matching, unlimited PTO, easy to take time off for volunteering, I really liked my actual team and direct manager

Cons

A disproportionate amount of resources are given to the sales team compared to engineering/ops teams, so the ops teams in particular struggle to keep up and have to cut corners in order to deliver on the promises made by the sales team. This makes it difficult to use proper coding practices and resolve technical debt. We had to beg for resources on the team, even just to replace people who had left. My responsibilities and even job title were unclear. There was inconsistent communication between upper management and it was often very difficult to get their attention. My teammates and I barely interacted with higher management post-acquisition (outside of HR) and it didn't feel like they made much of an effort to learn our product which made it very difficult to get the resources we needed. The only insurance options were high deductible plans, and not all pharmacies or doctors will work with BCBS of TX which was extremely frustrating (although to be fair this will improve with Imprivata acquisition). The executive team has a lot to say about how they support diversity and inclusion, but it's a very white and almost all male team with a hard to stomach "bro" culture. All hands meetings felt very unprofessional and were frankly annoying and usually a waste of time to sit through. Emphasis and attention were always placed on the customer and it felt like the actual employees were an afterthought. It's a shame because there are a lot of good and talented people working at the company, but they're getting burnt out. I ended up quitting before I had something else lined up because it was less stressful to be jobless than to keep working there.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Terrific company

Apr 25, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

What a thorough process in hiring the right people for the right role. Very thoughtful and patient in how they work.

Cons

Covid didn't allow us to access th great chefs in the kitchen.

VP of People

Thank you for sharing that! We've spent years building and refining our recruiting process to ensure it's inclusive and rigorous. SecureLink is a pretty great place. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to take advantage of Slinky's though. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Was a great company to be a part of a few years ago

Dec 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some amazing, talented, brilliant, and all around amazing people at SecureLink however these folks seem to be leaving at a steady pace for better opportunities. The amazing culture of the company has been steadily declining over the past few years and with remote work the culture took a massive hit and new executive leadership is detracting from the former culture instead of creating a new culture that fosters loyalty.

Cons

1. SecureLink pays WAY below market rate for everyone except execs (i'm assuming here). Everyone that has left has gone on to a new role with a %50+ pay raise. 2. Senior Management lacks diversity and although they are trying to make improvements the culture has started to skew very "sales bro" and that is very off putting. 3. Transparency - This was something that was amazing a couple years ago and now it seems like no one knows what is going to happen next or what the plans for the company are. 4. While complaints and concerns are absolutely heard (Lexi is amazing) - there often seems to be a lack of any action and some people continue to thrive while producing nothing but negativity.

2 people found this review helpful

VP of People

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like the culture at SecureLink has been declining in recent years. The kind of growth we have experienced in the best of circumstances can be challenging - but layer on COVID and there's sure to be an impact. We have tried really hard to foster what's best about SecureLink and lean into this new hybrid environment, but I'll give it to you, it hasn't been without bumps in the road. I'd like to connect if you're open to it. Perhaps we can identify some meaningful opportunities to refocus. - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Concern Regarding the Path Forward

Feb 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most people are great, work hard and work well together. The team has come together to do amazing things and will continue to do so if given the opportunity.

Cons

Retaining these great people is a challenge SecureLink is facing because the obvious solution of "pay people what they're worth" seems to be off the table. I'm watching people leave faster than we can find new employees because SecureLink paid below market years ago and has not attempted to rectify that or keep up as the market changes.

7 people found this review helpful

VP of People

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry that you had a negative one. I think it's fair to say we're experiencing some growing pains and the external pressure everyone is feeling right now doesn't help. I can most certainly assure you that SecureLink's management team remains firmly committed to and keeps employee feedback, engagement, and retention top of mind. SecureLink is an amazing team and I am confident that we will emerge stronger! If there's more specifics you'd like to share about your experience, I'm glad to connect - please reach out. - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work, they care about your life being balanced around work.

May 3, 2022 - Tech Ops Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, team management knows so much and is the most knowledgable and hardworking I have ever worked with.

Cons

There is so much to learn about and its difficult to catch and retain it all.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best of the Best

Oct 4, 2021 - Senior Business Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The culture (really though). It's a laid back and truly caring culture where everyone is a resource and happy to help. - Leadership is really talented and there to support you and help you succeed. "No dumb questions" approach, with management truly invested in their teams. - The benefits are top of the line. It's great having the peace of mind that your health insurance is fully covered and that contributions are being made to retirement and HSA accounts. - They like to promote internally and are there to help you in determining career path and helping you get there. - Work hard and it does not go un-noticed. Hard work is certainly rewarded. SecureLink loves to celebrate success! In short, SecureLink provides you all the resources and support you need to be successful and have fun doing it.

Cons

I racked my brain for cons but I honestly can't think of any.

VP of People

This is such a great thing to read! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here. I'm genuinely thrilled that you and your teammates have had such a positive experience. YOU make SecureLink awesome - we're just here to support that any way we can! - Lexi Jones, VP of People

8. 2.0

Changing for the worse

Mar 31, 2022 - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

A Good work life balance

Cons

Low starting pay and a quick salary cap. Other tech companies pay over twice as much (not exaggerating), especially since inflation has picked up. Attrition skyrocketed recently. Some management is very unqualified to manage people and would do better in other positions. Lots of gossip and blatant favoritism.

1 person found this review helpful

VP of People

If you're open to it, I'd really like to connect directly on your concerns as they concern me as well. We have made tremendous investments in development for all our employees and run specific programs for all our managers. Please contact me. - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Strong company culture but slight oversights in management

Apr 11, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great company culture; really value employees’ well-being -Strong transparency and communication from exec to middle management

Cons

-There has been some oversight by management in directing more resources to growth/sales and not keeping up with investment in operations to be able to support that growth

VP of People

Thank you for sharing this important feedback! You're right that there was a gap on the operations/services side of the business and as we've shared with our teams, we are actively working to combat that. In just the month of April, our recruting and HR teams have made 12 ops/services hires, representing well over 50% of our hires this month. Our L&D team aslo added a NHO (new hire orientation) to support the surge hiring efforts. We know there's still work to do to orient, train, and ramp all these new folks, but we are confident in our momentum here. If you still have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly. - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Doesn't get much better than SecureLink!

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work/life balance, unlimited PTO & flexible schedule - get your work done & done well & you can take the time to rest & enjoy living life to the fullest - so crucial to not burn out! I have the support I need without being micromanaged, great leadership. I have loved the opportunity to explore different areas of the business & find a niche that fits my interest - lots of opportunities for career growth & changing your career path.

Cons

Salary paired with traditional benefits (HSA contribution, PTO, etc) & non-traditional benefits (made to order chef for breakfast/lunch, office amenities, gym) is spot on; however, I think w/ a shift to remote work for many employees, salary has shifted to being less competitive w/out those non-traditional benefits.

1 person found this review helpful

VP of People

This is wonderful feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it here. You're right - the benefits are great but as we shift to permanent arrangements coming out of COVID, rethinking benefits is critical (and definitely on the "to do" list). Coming all together will also be an important piece of that. Thanks again for sharing your experience at SecureLink! - Lexi Jones, VP of People

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews

SecureLink (TX) Reviews FAQs

SecureLink (TX) has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 144 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at SecureLink (TX) to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SecureLink (TX) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SecureLink (TX). This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

87% of SecureLink (TX) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SecureLink (TX) 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SecureLink (TX) to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with SecureLink (TX) Job Seekers