UPS Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

5,036 Employee Reviews

"Package driver for 27 years"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Advice to Management

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

2. "Positive"

Pros

A solid position of employment with workers who value their time and efforts

Cons

Restrictive management and an unwillingness to develop and implement new technologies.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Casual Driver"

Pros

Good pay, nice people, fast paced

Cons

long hours, long weeks, all kinds of weather

5. "Package Handler"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with schedule and great benefits. Good company overall.

Cons

Can be stressful during peak season

6. "Driver Helper"

Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Decent salary. Moving a lot so you get a slight workout. Guaranteed weekends off.

Cons

For some this is con, but expect drivers needing you for some long hours. Weren't always organized in setting the helpers up with drivers.

7. "Work hard youll make it"

Former Employee - Distribution Manager in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Distribution Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at UPS (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay , no week ends, structured environment.

Cons

Guilt factor for time off

Advice to Management

Allow your managers to take two weeks off at a time without feeling guilty

8. "Bitter Sweet"

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Greenville, SC

I worked at UPS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with and the benefits.

Cons

Could not for the life of me or my managers find a way to advance in the company. Much to the surprise of many I couldn't even get an interview for a number of entry level IT jobs despite having previous experience, four degrees, and being willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the knowledge of how to advance in the company. You're losing good people who feel simply stuck where they are because they do their job well despite the ability to other jobs better.

9. "Seasonal Delivery Driver"

Former Employee - Seasonal Package Delivery Driver in Middleton, NH
    Former Employee - Seasonal Package Delivery Driver in Middleton, NH

I worked at UPS (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a seasonal delivery driver was an eye-opening experience. It was impressive to be part in the holidays for so many people. It was a rigorous process, but the seasoned drivers are nothing less than professional and dedicated. Nonetheless it is rewarding.

Cons

It is an immense learning curve where new drivers must be focused and able to master key skills to safely and efficiently transport, deliver and accept packages, especially during the long, dark days of the winter season.

Advice to Management

Continue to pair new drivers with seasoned employees during the introductory process. It was extremely helpful even though it takes time and skill to begin to master the necessary tasks.

10. "This company offers a lot of potential"

Former Employee - Pre-loader in Medford, OR
    Former Employee - Pre-loader in Medford, OR

I worked at UPS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This union position has clearly defined pay increases and access to benefits. The company offers a solid career path for those willing to stick around.

Cons

There is no opportunity for merit based pay raises. Employees do not receive any benefits until they have been with the company for a year (however, the benefits offered are good for a part time position).

Advice to Management

The management team at my location is great, always respectful to the workers. I would like to see SPA labels printed on a colored label to decrease the time searching packages for them (especially on white packages).

11. "Package Handler"

Current Employee - Package Handler in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great way to build communication skills in a work environment

Cons

Working the night shift/grave yard shift

Showing 5,036 of 5,201 reviews