UPS Reviews | Glassdoor

David Abney
2,785 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "seems like some tenured employees struggle with work-life balance" (in 336 reviews)

• "Sadly UPS sometimes gets desperate to hire new Part-time supervisors" (in 552 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Process Improvement Development Programming Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UPS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started with UPS as an intern out of college. After finishing my internship I was offered a full time position and I took it. Both teams I’ve worked with made me feel like I was a part of the family from day 1

I have nothing but good stuff to say about my old team when I was still an intern, they were all great and I wish them al the best!

My current boss is awesome and makes me feel like I’m his younger brother

My direct supervisor guided me through the roles of my position and enhanced my skill set to perform ubiquitous and complex tasks with ease, if I ever have a question he’s always available to assist

Everyone is really friendly and will always try to help you succeed in your position

My first day at my full position my coworker brought bagels in for everyone as a welcome and the next day the VP of finance of the business unit brought doughnuts in for everybody too, that was awesome of them

Senior management really care about their employees and they are very good at promoting from within

Cons

I really can’t think of anything bad to say

At the moment I’m just writing anything to have the 20 word minimum in order to submit

Advice to Management

I’m not sure if this has happened before or not, I have not completed my full first year at UPS yet

I would like to see a technology research and development competition among teams of co-workers in order to promote innovation within the company

Each member of team must be working in a different position. E.g. one person in finance, one person in database development, one person in plant engineering etc...

This competition would probably be best implemented after peak season so corporate employees have a better understanding how the UPS hubs and service centers function and operate

2. "Front Line Supervisor"

I worked at UPS part-time

Pros

Paid school, room for advancement

Cons

third shift and FT opportunities limited

"Package driver for 27 years"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Advice to Management

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

"review"

Pros

Good job engineering and technology

Cons

Bad for experts

5. "United Parcel Service of America, Inc"

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

Great benefits plus a supportive environment.

Cons

Training that is applicable to all can be tricky to identify neees of your department.

6. "Steady job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 40 hours not a minute more. If your willing to move you can progress faster.

Cons

Slow to no growth if staying in Greenville. A priority on promoting women and minorities. Constant sales strategy changes every couple years.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay, recognize all talent, change the new sales strategy and quit inventing new surcharges every three months.

7. "Hard Work"

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Haslet, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Haslet, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are insanely good, the people are pretty awesome, and there are shifts for people with any type of schedule.

Cons

It is hard work, like sweat your behind off hard work.

Advice to Management

Get in the trailers and load with people rather than just tell us to go faster. Lead by example.

8. "Great company"

Pros

This company really delivers. I always felt challenged.

Cons

Too much coffee and office politics.

9. "It's a double edged bladed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty great
    Even as part timers you'd get a decent check
    Opportunity to expand into different branches down the line.

Cons

Management is horrible
    Some people don't even get paid sadly
    Zero transparency whatsoever.

10. "Peak Season Driver Helper"

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

It's a job that gets you exercise.

Cons

Money could be better. Late starts.