UPS Reviews | Glassdoor

2,510 Ratings

10,215 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "seems like some tenured employees struggle with work-life balance" (in 311 reviews)

• "I would like to work at ups full time not part time" (in 532 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Process Improvement Development Programming Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UPS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started with UPS as an intern out of college. After finishing my internship I was offered a full time position and I took it. Both teams I’ve worked with made me feel like I was a part of the family from day 1

I have nothing but good stuff to say about my old team when I was still an intern, they were all great and I wish them al the best!

My current boss is awesome and makes me feel like I’m his younger brother

My direct supervisor guided me through the roles of my position and enhanced my skill set to perform ubiquitous and complex tasks with ease, if I ever have a question he’s always available to assist

Everyone is really friendly and will always try to help you succeed in your position

My first day at my full position my coworker brought bagels in for everyone as a welcome and the next day the VP of finance of the business unit brought doughnuts in for everybody too, that was awesome of them

Senior management really care about their employees and they are very good at promoting from within

Cons

I really can’t think of anything bad to say

At the moment I’m just writing anything to have the 20 word minimum in order to submit

Advice to Management

I’m not sure if this has happened before or not, I have not completed my full first year at UPS yet

I would like to see a technology research and development competition among teams of co-workers in order to promote innovation within the company

Each member of team must be working in a different position. E.g. one person in finance, one person in database development, one person in plant engineering etc...

This competition would probably be best implemented after peak season so corporate employees have a better understanding how the UPS hubs and service centers function and operate

2. "Area Sales Manager"

I worked at UPS full-time

Pros

Very stable company. Work hard and have opportunities to advance. Great place to get a huge diversity in skill set training

Cons

Very big company. Easy to get lost in the day to day grind

Advice to Management

Understand Human Capital is the best resource any company has, not it's products or solutions

"Package driver for 27 years"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, ME

I have been working at UPS (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid holidays...we work hard like many people in the work force but we are well compensated!.

Cons

The only con is while your children are young you give up a lot of family time..I never got to watch my kids play sports and missed a lot of their growing years...the job can be hard on your home life but if you can make it through those years you and your family will enjoy the financial freedom that UPS provides...and now I look forward to a prosperous retirement!...so hang in there all you young drivers...

Advice to Management

Ditch Orion ...95 % if your drivers are loyal and are out there to save time and miles !!! Orion puts ridiculous restrictions on them!!! especially in remote areas...and to upper management I would recommend you compensate your mid to lower management with the same excellent pay and benefits you give us drivers..when they see us drivers with better benefits it makes bitter management..everyone should be able to say they are proud and well compensated to work for UPS...it's what has kept UPS a cut above the competition quality employees for quality pay...

4. "Nice"

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

good pay, flexible scheduling, and good for students

Cons

long effort and tiring work

5. "Pricing Admin"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Sandy Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Sandy Springs, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefit programs are pretty good, (ex. 401K, insurance, etc)

Cons

Barely any parking in the Sandy Springs location, there are no sick days for admins only discretionary days which are minimal and used for vacations, minimal training unless there are errors or issues with accounts (not pre-emptive, mainly reactive), cultural changes between the admins who have been here for 20+yrs and the younger admins.

Advice to Management

There need to be set training protocols and sessions annually for everyone across each department so expectations are mainstreamed and there are chances of advancement if held to a certain accountability.

6. "Account executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Wixom, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Wixom, MI

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good job with flexibility and income

Cons

Lots of work after hours

Advice to Management

Enough with the reports

7. "Part-Time Supervisor"

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Flexible time off, Flexible scheduling

Cons

Hours
    Upper Management is out of touch

Advice to Management

Stop trying to do more with less hours and resources. E-Commerce is booming, yet there is very little being done to compensate for extra volume.

8. "Packer"

I worked at UPS part-time

Pros

I like paking trucks and off loading also stocking.

Cons

Ups. But i really want to work at fedex .

9. "Supervisor"

I have been working at UPS full-time

Pros

Good Pay, good benefits, good company

Cons

Little movement, long hours, stress

10. "Great job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay fun job trying for full time

Cons

Hard to get full time

Showing 10,215 of 10,678 reviews