UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,940 Interview Reviews

1.9

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   1 Answer

Part Time Hub Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UPS (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Contacted HR manager directly through a referral. Took an online test for supervisors which consisted of some basic data analysis and maths, personality questions, and scenario reactions.

Came in with a group of 5 other interviewees. Interviews lasted about 10-15 minutes. It was a low level supervisor position so they were a bit surprised that I had several advanced questions for them (but impressed, I guess). Interview questions were pretty basic and required little to no preparation.

Content Specialist Interview

Interview

There was a screening call and I was invited to come in for an interview with a hr manager. She asked me in several different ways where I lived in reference to the office by asking which interstate I used, how my commute was, do I get up to that area often. It really made the interview uncomfortable. The interview felt like another screening that could have been done over the phone as the person wasn't the manager for the role. Prior to the interview I received an email that said I wasn't being considered, which I was told was an error. After the interview I received an email to schedule a second interview but then I was called and told that email was sent in error and that they would reach out to me once they figure out the schedules. Needless to say I never heard from anyone. It was a very disorganized process and unprofessional questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you live near here?
      Talk about content strategy?
      DO you have technical experience?   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Threw you in a room with a bunch of people and made you walk around and tour the building it was pretty boring not much after that except them telling all of us we got hired then we filled out paper work and background checks

Package Handler MARVIN MILLER DR - ATL, GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online & scheduled my interview time for 11:30 p.m on 7/3/17. Arrived with heels on & walked to security gate to sign in. Everyone mugged me down & no one spoke (& I'm referring to all of the security workers). Signed in & waited for about 20 minutes just standing there until a short brown skinned lady came & escorted us to a trailer behind the security gate. As soon as we got inside the trailer she pulled me back outside the trailer & said I'd have to reschedule because they don't allow "sandals" in the warehouse. Of coarse I wasn't aware of that & I did notice how the other interviewers were dressed in timberland boots and tennis shoes but apparently I didn't get the memo as I thought it'd be much more professional than what they all displayed. I had another pair of shoes in my trunk, which I did inform the lady; However, she dismissed me & said she didn't have time to wait on me & simply told me to leave & if I'm still interested to reschedule my appointment. Of coarse I was a little upset seeing how I had driven 30 minutes to this interview just to be turned around & not compensated nor given a chance to even change my shoes on top of waiting until almost midnight just for her to come get us to tour the facility. So unprofessional & a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in different conditions of weather   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Know Your Worth!

Alright, let me start out by saying I understand some people need jobs or just can't afford to decline any offers. However, let me say this: KNOW YOUR WORTH.

Okay, next point:

This so-called "interview" wasn't really an interview. They simply asked for two forms of identification and if you are sure this is something you would be interested in. Let you tell you this, they will glance (not read) over your resume. The person interviewing me didn't even know I had a BBA despite having my information in front of her. C'mon HR, if you're going to have someone conduct "interviews", at least make them read the darn resume.

Next, I'm going to give you the breakdown of how much you will be "earning" if you accept this position.

Wages: 10.20 per hour (Hodgkins, IL Facility)
    Weekly Pay Check: Paid Every Friday

Approximate Take Home Pay:
    3.5 hours at $10.20 for 5 days is a minimum of $178.50 or $255 maximum
    (Less 18% from taxes) -$32.12
    (Less Union Dues at 7%) -$13
    Weekly payout = $133.37

In addition to this pay, you only get access to a 401 K retirement plan and educational assistance upon employment. (up to $25K with $5,250 per year) This doesn't include one week vacation, one option week, and 3 option days as well as paid holidays. You can only get these days off including medical and dental AFTER 1 year of employment.

So why did I apply? I needed money fast to pay bills while I search for a better job. The lady that interviewed me said that only after 40 days as a Package Handler, I could possibly advance to Part Time Supervisor (same tasks and hours, but pay just marginally better), and then I could advance to management or hr after 40 or more days as PT supervisor. So advancement is possible.

After the interview, you'll be scheduled to attend a tour of the facility, at which all of your information and i9 must be completed and submitted.

It seems as if the people conducting the interviews don't really care out the interviewee's circumstances, and are trying to meet or exceed their quotas to earn more money. They give you garbage hours so you aren't eligible for benefits and they can pay you less than what competitors or other industries do. All for the sake of preying on poor people and work them until they decide they are worth more than this. Unless you are working full time and looking for part time work, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE IN AND ACCEPT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE. Know your worth and save your time.

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (High Point, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied and then did the tour the day after next. Didn't get picked out of the group but was told, that positions will open in the near future. Got a call a month later asking if i was still interested, I said yes, so I was scheduled for an interview for the next day. Went to the interview and was told I was late (I wasn't) and was told to come back next week. Got a call that same day telling me it was a mistake, that he thought I was apart of the new tour group and offered to reschedule the interview the next day. The actual interview was ok, basically just going over the job details.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group a group interview, friendly HR rep, no real questions, just more of a "tell me about yourself" thing. Wasn't too long. Wasn't "painful" it was nice actually.

Interview Questions

• Can you make sure you're here at 4am, this isn't for everyone   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

had a phone interview then an in person interview with about 5 people. Overall not a bad process interview lasted for about an hour. The people that were at the interview seemed old school and werent engaged with talking with me about my experience

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email to come in for a tour and interview on June 5 for a part time permanent Package Handler position working the PRELOAD 3AM-9AM, TWILIGHT 5PM-11PM, OR NIGHT 11PM-4AM shift at the South San Francisco building. Monday -Friday.
    Interview was scheduled for Wednesday June 7 at 8PM.
    Start of with signing in at the guard house and then told to wait in a designated area. Greeted by the HR person and told about the ground safety rules followed by a long walk to a presentation room. Power point presentation showing the CONs and PROs of the job. Followed by a tour of the facility and showcasing what your daily tasks will consist of (Physically demanding work). Q&A at each stop along the way. The tour ends back in the presentation room where we are then called in one at a time to a closed room for a 1 on 1 interview. Questions were very simple.
    The 1 on 1 interview was about 5-10 minutes long with 9 applicants present. The whole process took about 1 hour and 30 mins.