UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,087 Interview Reviews

1.9

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   4 Answers

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Farmingdale, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

So I filled out the application for the 6-10:30 shift and put my availability as well as school hours. On Tuesdays I have class from 5-8:30 and got approved for the interview! So basically, I could work any day for that shift except Tuesdays. It was nice to see that the company helps with tuition and is student friendly. The interview was for 7:30 AM so I got there a little early. At 7:15, I walked into the guard office and said I was there for the interview. The guard told me to come back 5 minutes before the interview, so I did to no prevail. She told me to wait until other people showed up, so another 15 minutes later, we began to walk into the warehouse. The second we walk in, a worker goes up to the HR representative and firmly tells her that workers need to wear gloves, because he's sick of employees hurting there hands and she shrugged it off. So I began to wonder if maybe this interview wasn't as I had thought. Us three applicants walk into a room and the interviewer said,"so everyone is here for the 4 to 9 AM shift?" I told her I was for the 6-10:30 PM and she questioned why I was even at the interview. I told her I had school that day, so I wasn't able to go at that time. Why I was even questioned why I was at the interview when that time was presented to me confused me. She called the 6-10:30 supervisor to tell him that I couldn't work that one day, or would have to do another shift, either midnight to 4 AM or 4-9 AM. He started yelling,"NO. NO" and some other mumbo jumbo that I couldn't hear, as we were all sitting at the other end of the table, practically across the room. She said they don't really even need a 6-10, so why the application was available in the first place boggled me even more. So she told me I could leave or consider working one of the other two shifts, as long as my schedule as a student didn't interfere with them. So at that point, I decided to leave the interview. How a company that is supposedly student friendly could have "higher-ups" so rude and not flexible leaves me in awe. I have never had an interview experience like that.

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Laurel, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was amicable. The interview didn't take very long. It was only about 5 - 10 minutes. You will be in a group, and the interviewer will call you one by one. By the way, the interviewer will call you up by who arrived first so try your best to come before anyone else, so you can be the first one to do the interview. For the appointment was a group information session where the hiring manager tell you how it's like to work as a package handler, what you have to do, the benefits of the job, and the salary. Additionally, during the tour, the hiring manager will go into great detail about what jobs there are.

UPS Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Anderson, IN).

Interview

Application, E-mail, finish application applied by UP S make phone call ounce done, they give you an interview that is done in a group setting. Everyone in the interview process is pretty much hired.

Interview Questions

• Just your basic questions about the safety book they give and ask if you know the procedures of the job and explain how everything will work.   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Mesquite, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through the company website then scheduled for an on-site appointment/interview. Unfortunately, the only location available was 45mins away they did not allow places close to your home. Went to the appointment about 2 days later, casual dress and brought ID. You sit in a room with every one else who had applied and a manager will give a brief overview about the position & what to expect. Upfront the hourly rate was disclosed, $10.20/hr ! Can you believe that? Anyhow then each individual had the choice to leave, come back at a later time for another position or wait to interview with someone in HR. Once your name was called you went back to a room for maybe 5 minutes top asked very basic questions & again they wanted to know if you were okay with everything. I want to add it was stated if you started working then got another job, say a better paying FT job & had to quit. They put a negative mark by your name & you cannot ever be rehired by UPS. Then then scan your ID, give you a piece of paper to go back online fill out tax papers then wait for a call with an offer & wait to come in for orientation. Very quick & simple.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Group interview and then a one on one interview. Basically gets the job after interview. They just verify everything that’s on your application and tells you to wait for background to come back so you can start. They explain the job and pay to see if you are still interested.

Pre-loader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Made sure you were able to lift 75lbs plus on a regular basis. Entry level so not many more questions then that. Process all total was quick. Heard back in about 2 weeks by phone. If there were any issues with your background check you would here about it via a letter. Despite the background checks very open as long as your honest.

Package Sorter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Gardena, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

We were initially brought together as a group and signed in at a security post. We were notified beforehand that no phones were allowed in the warehouse due to security concerns so candidates were told to either temporarily surrender their phone to security or put them in their cars. An HR representative then guided the group into the warehouse, explained the job tasks, pay, and benefits. HR was up front about DISCOURAGING people because it is a physically and mentally intensive job and that there were union fees involved (twenty-five dollars taken every week for eight weeks then once per month). We then received a form to express our interest then had interviews with HR right then and there.

At the Gardena, CA location, we were explicitly told they needed people who can lift seventy pounds on their own with no assistance. A package needs to be at least 71 pounds to allow for a "team lift". This can be a dealbreaker.

Interview Questions

• I asked the HR representative how many pounds a person was expected to lift on their own.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Bend, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

After filling out an online application, I was prompted to schedule a phone interview through their website.
    After a successful phone interview, she explained details about the job and offered me the position contingent on a clean background check coming back. She explained there would be a one day class for orientation followed by one day of supervision on the first day of your route.
    The next day, I was contacted by a local employee and set up a driving assessment and a vehicle inspection to make sure my SUV met all the standards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in school or a previous job where you were required to follow SOPs.   1 Answer
    • Are you able to meet the requirement of a fast-paced physical position (requires lifting up to 70lbs--though most packages are not over 35lbs)? She also explained an average employee walks appx. 10 miles a day in this position.   1 Answer
    • How much customer service experience do you have? Are you able to meet the requirements of a customer facing position? (Requirements she mentioned were tying your hair back if it's long, wearing the company uniform-to be returned at the end of employment-, wearing sturdy hiking type boots, no visible facial piercings, and no visible tattoos.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS in November 2017.

Interview

Basically hire anybody and ask if you have vehicle and whatnot. There is a group of people and they take you to this room, ask everybody their zip code so they known where they would be, then you meet with an hr person to fill out the second part of you application. They then call you the usually the next day for orientation.