UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018
2,227 Interview Reviews

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   5 Answers

P/T Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pelzer, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Pelzer, SC).

Interview

Went in for an interview for package handler. Was told at the interview that a position was open for P/T Supervisor. I then decided I wanted to be interviewed for this position and was. Was asked to come back the following week and take a test and if I passed, I would be hired. The test is 100 questions. You have 1 hour to take it.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

First, I had a 30 minute phone screening with HR. After completion, I was given an assessment to gauge my personality. Lastly, I had a video interview with one person from HR as well as a potential supervisor.

Package Sorter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got a call to come in.
    Met with someone and they gave me a quick tour of the facility.
    Started training a few weeks later. You had to take a zip code test to receive the extra dollar per hour

Interview Questions

• Do you think this is type of work you would be interested in?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

for this position I applied online directly from the website. After a few days I received a call and was asked to come in for orientation and paperwork. After an orientation I reported to work which was training the first week. After that we were assigned positions and reported to work.

Anonymous Employee in East Petersburg, PA

Interview

Easy, quick, weird. The whole interview was over before it even began and I was shaking the persons hand as I got the job. The other people outside waiting to get hired were all terrible and making rude comments the entire time.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Denver, CO).

Interview

The woman hiring seemed condescending and uninterested. But I got the job so I guess whatever. I can’t recall her exact words but it was like are you sure you want this job? I don’t know how you guys do it. After her their was a nice woman who did a 5 hour onboarding. Overall it was a negative disheartening experience and after working the job the paychecks are always wrong and you have to hound them and the Union gets involved then there is a retaliation. I left and am now at fed ex. Much happier. Much more professional and I have never had an incorrect paycheck.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any disabilities such as adhd hiv aids or other mental bipolar issues that would interfere with the job. Then they asked me how much I can lift. It was a very casual fast interview. Seems like management was distracted.   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Very easy interview. They only asked for an I.D and about my previous work experience. There was a group of about 15 of us and we toured the facility and explained to us what it takes to be successful at this company.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Yuma, AZ).

Interview

Long wait , quick interview
    Watch the video before hand
    Easy questions he was very nice kinda cute. Had to wait before a lot of people . Went in room. Back up for back up but I didn't work hired few weeks before christmas

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Mesquite, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through the company website then scheduled for an on-site appointment/interview. Unfortunately, the only location available was 45mins away they did not allow places close to your home. Went to the appointment about 2 days later, casual dress and brought ID. You sit in a room with every one else who had applied and a manager will give a brief overview about the position & what to expect. Upfront the hourly rate was disclosed, $10.20/hr ! Can you believe that? Anyhow then each individual had the choice to leave, come back at a later time for another position or wait to interview with someone in HR. Once your name was called you went back to a room for maybe 5 minutes top asked very basic questions & again they wanted to know if you were okay with everything. I want to add it was stated if you started working then got another job, say a better paying FT job & had to quit. They put a negative mark by your name & you cannot ever be rehired by UPS. Then then scan your ID, give you a piece of paper to go back online fill out tax papers then wait for a call with an offer & wait to come in for orientation. Very quick & simple.