3M Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3M Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

Software Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M in January 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant, easy programming questions. Interviewer described the task for the summer, what larger project it would feed into. One out of the box question, two programming questions from an engineer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiting agency. They set up a telephone interview followed by face to face. There was an offer quickly after the interview. The overall experience was quick and painless. Since joining, they seem to be moving to more offshore and H1B work.

Interview Questions

• The programming questions were easy, on the level of reverse a string in C. There were a few questions about Linux and the command line. They also asked some basic SQL queries.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what I wanted and agreed. There was no negotiation in my case.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This is the worst interview ever. the interviewer was very arrogant and thinks that he can learn everything about me just by looking at my resume. He did not ask any questions during the interview and was instead ask me if I have any questions. If I do not ask question it would be a complete silent. The interview was a complete waste of my time. I received rejection from 3M after a month but fortunately now I have 4 offers. I would not be pursuing any opportunities with 3M in the future

Interview Questions

• He did not ask any questions. The interview was a complete waste of time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

on campus interview. My interviewer is a phd. He is very gentlemen. He talked a little bit about the culture and experience of 3M. His question is mainly basic behavior questions, like what's your career goal? What's your biggest accomplishment? Went through the resume, and asked details about my intern and projects.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Just a one on one hour long interview. Interviewers were very friendly. I thought it was very easy. I got the interview through my college and it was very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

I sent my resume to an employee through a personal contact, and we setup a phone interview within a few days.

The phone interview was around an hour long, and it was generally quite easy. There were questions such as tell me about your greatest strength, greatest weakness, time when you dealt with a conflict on a project, etc. No technical questions beyond do you know C# and that sort of question. I was told they'd let me know something in a week or two.

About a month after the phone interview I received an invite for an on-site in St. Paul. The interview lasted about 5 hours. To begin was a 20 minute presentation about my background that was given to the group (about 10 people), and they each asked a few general questions about my background and interests. Then I had 3 interviews 30-45 minute interviews, each with two people. They all asked different types of questions, but not much technical, mostly about background, interests, experiences, etc. They then took me to lunch and gave me a tour. The last interview was a 1:1 with the manager, who asked manager sort of questions (what do you want to do long term, why do you want to work here, that sort of thing).

They told me they'd let me know in 4-6 weeks. After about 6 weeks they told me they were unable to hire for some internal reason, which continues to be the case.

Overall it was pretty easy. Everyone was nice and there were few difficult or technical questions. Seems like a fairly good environment; not very exciting, but fairly interesting and good people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I interviewed at 3M (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2008.

Interview

4 interview from the Team leader level to HR and 2 higher level managers. Personality and Professorial tests