3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Brookings, SD).

Interview

You apply online. Their online application system has a lot of bugs and is difficult to navigate. They recently changed their application process and it's even worse this time. Then you are asked to take a test. The test covers mechanical areas, not systems. Then if you are selected, you go into a room with 6 to 8 men and answer standard interview questions. Finally, if you are male and have a Robotics Degree from Lake Area Tech in Watertown, SD, they will hire you. Otherwise you will get a refusal.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine which machine to fix if multiple machines were down and required assistance?   1 Answer

XXI Sales Associate Interview

Interview

A very standard interview process. Basic questions regarding past work experience and skills. Nice interviewees and good description of the job was applying for. No other details able to provide at this time.

Retail Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Applied online and heard from the hiring manager the next day. Came in for an "interview" with hiring manager the next week which was basically just an overview of position. Met with what would be my peer the following week. Went weeks without hearing anything and then got asked to come in for a final interview with 24 hours notice. Rearranged my schedule at my current employer, drove across town for interview after which I was told I would hear back the next week. Never heard back even after following up two weeks later. Very disappointing to be ghosted especially after having to inconvenience people at my current employer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite scanner and panel fact? Show me an example of recent analytic work. Among others...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of a phone interview and in person interview with the hiring manager as well as several other members of the executive team in the division.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Warehouse Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (DeKalb, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Process took a while. Had to do two "skill test" (the second one being completely f*cking retarded). All information you get after the interview is communicated with you via e-mail only. All the way up to your orientation.

Interview Questions

• A couple of "tell me about a time when" questions, very few experience related to the job questions.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN).

Interview

Interview process itself was similar to other companies, though 5 interviews for the first day, next set was with two-three additional people a few weeks later.

They seem to lack an HR dept so an admin assistant, who was fantastic, reached out to arrange the interviews. There was no one to ask the standard initial questions one would normally ask of HR prior to accepting an interview offer.

Their follow-up was not up to the standards they sold during the first interview process.

Interview Questions

• how would you setup cloud authentication
      what types of technology have you used and how did you use them
      Have you worked with significant technology dept and aged systems, how did you address it.
      Have you worked within an organization where security is still a bit behind and you need to help sell the success of it.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (North Tonawanda, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Literally a waste of time. Was contacted by a recruiter and urged to apply. I received a templated rejected email several days later. If this recruitment process is indicative of 3M culture, its definitely a company i would avoid.

Quality Control Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Northridge, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online in early March, got a phone call manager a week later. She asked if I can come in for an in-person interview. She also asked if I have experience using lab equipment like GC/HPLC. I got scheduled 2 weeks from then. I got interviewed by 4 people. 2 the first 30 minutes then another 2 switched the following 30 minutes (they were interviewing someone before me and after me). Got asked a lot of questions ranging from "tell me a time you had to...", "what comes first, acid or water", "describe in detail a procedure you had to do", and "do you prefer biology or chemistry?". They asked the last question because I had a bio degree and its for a chemist job. I think that's why I didn't get it because I told them I equally liked it. They said my answers were good for the other questions. Even though I didn't get the job, it was a great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between normal and reversed phase hplc? They just wanted to know if I actually had basic science background.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you disagreed with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Give a detailed description of a procedure you had to do. They want to know if you're detailed oriented.   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for from this job?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After a month heard back about phone interview: 20 minute research talk. Two weeks later asked to come for an on-site interview. Had dinner night before with interviewers. Day started with 45 min research seminar, then five 1-on-1 interviews. Mostly talked about research and answered technical questions. Seem to require a very particular personality match.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Asked basic questions of who you are and why you would be a good fit. Interviewed by one male who was very friendly and positive, and one female who frequently interrupted you and never blinked which made eye contact very nerve wracking. No one ever got back to me either.