3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3M Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M in November 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two engineers and someone from HR. The questions asked were entirely behavioral based and lasted for roughly 45 minutes. The majority of the time, the questions being asked pertained to six sigma or lean manufacturing.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a supervisor/boss, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through a time where you had to implement a process change. What important steps did you take?   Answer Question
    • What is the worst job you have ever had?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Basic phone interview. The woman seemed very irritated the entire time. Didn't even receive an email to inform me that they have selected another candidate or anything. .when they specifically told me when I would hear back either way.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle multiple projects to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I applied through university, then attended an on-campus interview, got picked and added to the internal candidate pool. One and a half months later received a phone interview request from a group who found me in that candidate pool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects that you have done in the university.   Answer Question

Chemist/Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Telephone, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online with CV/LinkedIn, was sent online tests to complete, passed and had a half hour interview with a recruitment agent. Was promised I'd hear in two weeks but two months on still nothing.

Interview Questions

• 'Give an example of a time when you've come up with an innovative idea that had a positive impact'   1 Answer

IT Interview

Interview

Talked to a 3M representative at a career fair. Walked through my resume with the recruiter. The next day I was contacted for an on-campus interview. After the on-campus interview, I was contacted 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was offered an internship position.

Found out later the person I was talking to was transitioning into an IT Lead recruiter position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were the leader of a group project   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Cordova, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted me for a face to face interview and got response in one week. The process was pretty quick and smooth. There were 4 interviewers and most of questions were behavioral questions.

O2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Thirty candidates met in the Minneapolis area. There was a reception in the evening where they told us more about the program and we met others who had worked in the O2 program. The next day some of us interviewed in the morning and others in the afternoon. When we weren't interviewing we heard from employees and learned about the mission etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was open to relocating several times in the beginning of my career.   1 Answer

O2 Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Was called back two days later and set up an on-site interview. Went to Minneapolis with 30 other candidates, toured the HQ and interview with two more 3M employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to handle and analyze a large amount of data   Answer Question

Manufacturing Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Brownwood, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very behavioral oriented with few engineers asking technical questions based on experience.
    It was a site in a small town. Naturally all interviewers has the 'small town mentality'. I was only chosen to satisfy 3m diversity criteria. If your white, you have a higher chance to get in. If you can relate to the managers interests (American culture), chances are, you'll get the job. I was also competing with someone having 10 years of experience.
    Naturally, from body cues, I was sure I wouldn't get in.

I would suggest, if you're a different race, to apply to a location in a big city. Its still a great company only that it will be much harder to get the job.

Interview Questions

• 12 behavioral question for peer interview 30 min
      20 behavioral questions for general interview 45 min   Answer Question

Business Analyst Frontline Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Applied through my campus career pages and then got a akype interview a week later. The skype interview was mostly behavioral questions with a few analytical questions. Got my acceptance letter 5 weeks later.