AIG Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Jeffersonville, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring experience was neutral. It's an easy interview. Nothing to worry about. I applied online but it took forever for them to do the background check and it took like 2 months for them to give me a call. After the 2nd call, it was easy after that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

One-on-one interview followed by a group interview and then two additional interviews.

Was led to believe the position was salaried prior to interviewing and once again during the first interview. After that I learned it was 100% commission based and I could not even be hired until I paid $300 for licensing out of my own pocket.

The overall process felt deceitful, as if they were trying to hide the fact it was commission only until I was already deep into the process of hiring. In addition, while I understand the need for valid licensing this is an expense that should be paid by the employer upon offering the position. I have worked in multiple fields that required state and federal licenses and never before have I been expected to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are the three most important traits of a leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (Amarillo, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It went very well, and I was qualified to handle every aspect of the position. AIG said they would call at the first part of the following week. I never got that phone call or the job. They have an extremely high turnover. AIG appears to be a very shady business in Amarillo, TX or they have some very incompetent people doing the hiring. I wouldn't want to work for a company who promises a lot and doesn't follow through with what they say they are going to do.

Interview Questions

• Can you operate 2 computer screens with multiple programs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Brentwood, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

I Interviewed with both the manager and team lead of department. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. It was very easy and laid back. I did not feel pressured at all.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted by a third party, contacted for a phone interview 3 days later. Phone interview lasted about 15 mins or so, background of company and department, went over my resume and previous experience. In person interview for 4 days later.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

Apply online. If chosen, you will receive a call and an interview. The questions were basic customer service questions. "What would you do if..." Also, questions focused on tardiness and absenteeism. This is a main issue with AIG Customer Service Rep.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. They were all basic questions that required little thought.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer that is cut and dry. 12.00 per hour for full time

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AIG in March 2012.

Interview

I was called within a week of applying online. The interviewer was friendly, but didn't really ask me any questions specific to the job which concerned me. It made me feel like it was a job anyone could do. They called me within a couple of days to ask me if I could sign a form for a background check. I didn't get the feeling that the people there enjoyed their job so I didn't accept the offer. However, I was impressed by their starting pay.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Completed application and testing at Texas Workforce Commission. When call for an interview, it went well only about 20 minutes or so. Discussed importance of attendance/tardiness and one on one customer service. Was told AIG does an extensive background check and it would be 4-6 weeks before I heard anything.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (Vestal, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

The HR rep first gives an overview of the job responsibilities, and gives a tour of the facilities. Then, the applicant sits with a current employee for about a half hour to get an idea of how a typical day would be. This employee assess the applicant on cleanliness, curiosity, attitude, etc. If the applicant is still interested in the position, the applicant meets with a manager for a 1:1 interview. Finally, if the manager is interested in hiring the applicant, they require that the applicant pass a standard typing test. It is not a hard interview, however, it is time consuming and tiring.

Interview Questions

• Is there a time at your previous employer that you exhibited an exemplary attitude?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I was being referred by an employee working there. It was a normal interview, nothing unexpected. There were 2 interviewers. They shared about the specific job scopes and tasks. Felt that they were not professional when it comes to interviewing in terms of their body language and their tone of speech was very unfriendly and disinterested. Was told to express my interest on the spot which I found very ridiculous.