AIG Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.6

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (University Park, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

On campus interview with two people, offer came a week later. Straight-forward, behavioral questions based on education and courses taken, what am I interested in, what are my future plans, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• When were you faced with an ambiguous problem and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a campus career fair. About a month later I got an email to schedule the interview in their New York office for their underwriting internship. 3 30-minute interviews back to back. Very personal and made me feel very comfortable. All behavioral

Interview Questions

• How do you work in team? Why AIG? Walk my through your resume. What would your previous employer say about you? When did you work in a group and failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

They flew me out to Saint Louis, Mo. I met with 4 people at the company. We talked about a lot of things that didn't have to do with the job which made me feel very comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You do three to four interviews with different divisions of the Underwriting AIG team. Each one is approximately 30 minutes and are pretty casual and contain your basic behavioral questions. They pretty much run through your resume and ask questions based on challenges you've faced in past situations and how you handled them. Overall it is pretty casual and nothing is to unexpected. Having some basic knowledge of Underwriting going in is a definite plus.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you faced a challenge that was hard to overcome (something along those lines)   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Self intro. How much I know about AIG, why AIG, why my majors.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview
    Super day of interviews - interview with 3 or 4 interviewers (usually employees who work in different functions). Many students were present to be interviewed. They had both an AM and PM session to allocate time to interview all the students. The students come from all around the country, even MIT students.

Interview Questions

• Very predictable questions. Just make sure you can reiterate your resume and explain everything on it with further detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

There were 5 interviews I had to go through, and I can honestly say they were all very intense but worth it. Difficult interview make you grow stronger and more confident. You need to know your technical background and not lie on your resume, they will catch it. Make sure you have good examples of different team work experiences you have gone through of getting work done or being on the same page with others from your team.

Interview Questions

• Have you every had to convenience a group of people that your idea was a better one?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting explaining about the company, job description.
    Orientation about job description, process of the hiring, events of internships.
    Meeting with executives and employees of AIG with some drinks and cookies
    One-on-one interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Applied through university career center, Had the interview in two weeks, Interview taken by group of two people, Asked basic behavioral questions and explained about the role, Second round was the superday.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral Interview... Why AIG, Long-term goals etc....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG in December 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of an initial phone screening with a representative from HR, which included basic resume-based questions along with common behavioral questions (i.e., describe a situation in which you overcame an obstacle, experience in a team environment). Following the phone screen, a formal interview was conducted at their New York office with members of management which were more specific based upon the desired team. Heard back within a week after the in-person interview