AIG Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a campus career fair. About a month later I got an email to schedule the interview in their New York office for their underwriting internship. 3 30-minute interviews back to back. Very personal and made me feel very comfortable. All behavioral

Interview Questions

• How do you work in team? Why AIG? Walk my through your resume. What would your previous employer say about you? When did you work in a group and failed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I attended a Superday in New York where I interviewed with 3 people for the HR internship. There were 20-25 people in the morning session interviewing for roles in various departments. There was a breakfast/networking session and then the interviews. I interviewed with three different divisions of HR and three people who were at various stages in their careers, which was nice.
    To be honest, I went into this interview not sure if HR/AIG was the right fit for me, but hoping that by meeting in person, I would figure it out. After meeting representatives from the company and participating in the Superday, I realized that it is not the environment that I want to work in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to admit to it. How did this affect your future work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision quickly without all the information being available.   Answer Question
    • Two strengths and two weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at AIG, in HR?   Answer Question
    • Why are you specifically interested in the AIG ONE Internship program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Underwriting position. The interview itself was quite short. The interviewer was really engaged and was interested to hear about my college work and internship experience. I thought it went really well, but it's been more than two weeks since I interviewed and haven't heard back from them.

Intern Interview

Interview

I handed my resume to AIG at the career fair. I heard back within a couple of weeks when they usually come back for on-campus interviews. They give you time slots to pick from. The first round was a 30 minute interview with various questions about my experience and skills. After going through my resume, the rest was basically like a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in the project?
      How do you work in a team?
      How would you tackle a difficult situation in a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Very simple and easy informed me more about how to manage the work flow and what they are looking to achieve. Very nice environment and very professional people.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AIG in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward, just couple of behavior questions. The HR was super nice and friendly. They are also very helpfu. They do not tend to go very deep about technical stuff but expect to explain some projects you have done

Interview Questions

• Why us, tell me about a time you tried really hard but still failed   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

When I got the email saying I was selected for an AIG Summer Underwriting internship interview, it had been at least a month since I first applied. I was actually confused at first because I was also interviewing for an internship in a different division of AIG. The company paid for everyone (including hotels and flights for out-of-towners) to attend a "Superday" which was a two day event consisting of a group panel and networking night at the headquarters and then a round robin interview session with different underwriters and their respective divisions. The underwriters that I interviewed with were actually at the networking night the night before, so I was less nervous than if I went in cold turkey. I heard back less than a week later with an internship offer. Overall the experience was great and I learned so much about underwriting. The AIG recruiters that streamlined the interview process and set up my schedule were so personable and caring-- it was nice to put a face to an email (and they were the same ones from my other AIG internship interviews).

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   2 Answers
    • Are you more of a social person or an analytical person?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

The first day was a social with members of the department you were interviewing with, and also a panel of previous interns who shared their experiences. The social was very casual and some of the interviewers were there as well.

The next day, you had three different one on one interviews with members of the department, not HR. It was a lot of personality questions, there weren't any technical questions in my interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. It was a back to back interview. I showed up and was interviewed by one person, and when that was over I went into a separate room where i was interviewed by another person. The questions were all behavioral, and they were read off from a sheet of paper. It was an easy interview, and the people were nice, and cool.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioral questions. tell me about yourself, when have you failed...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Not very hard. Behavioral questions mostly. My interviewer was extremely nice and talkable however the other interviewers had a totally different styles. So it mainly depends on who you had and questions they asked were about my school life and hobits which are very relaxing and interesting.