ALDI Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

After a brief encounter with the Store Manager at an open interview event, I received a call a few hours later to come back for a full group interview the following week. The next encounter was a complete joke!! I applied to be a Manager in Training, and I have plenty experience to confidently do so. When I went to the group interview, it was obvious that they were only looking for cashiers! Complete bait and switch! Hey Aldi, don't advertise various positions if you really are only looking for bodies to fill the store!

Interview Questions

• What three words would you use to describe the ideal candidate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Union, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a first "Meet and Greet" interview in a store in union NJ. A few days later I received a call to set up an interview. The woman explained it would be a quick initial interview. I explained that I had already had an initial interview and that this would be a second interview. She said ok that is correct. I then met at a store in Bloomfield, NJ for the second interview. Halfway through the interview it became very clear that this was an initial interview. The two people conducting the interview had no clue that I had already met with someone else. When I had an opportunity to say that I had already interviewed with another person they scrambled a bit but it was evident they were clueless. A waste of my time. They need to get it together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Recruiter, then met with the recruiter for an interview, she though was I was a great candidate for the position and well qualified, a week later I had what I thought was my third interview but turned out to by my first with Aldi and it was 10 minutes and completely could have been done over the phone since only basic company information was given. Told a week later that I was over qualified for the position and they did not want to move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Watertown, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied at a store-sponsored hiring event. The store manager called at the end of the week for an interview the next Tuesday, then the director called at the end of that week for a second interview the following Monday. They requested two weeks for a response for a third interview and I did not hear back. For the MITs, it is a three-interview process before they offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you specifically helped an under-performing employee and how they responded.   1 Answer
    • Who was your least favorite boss?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

There were about three or four rounds of twenty minute interviews spanning over two weeks in which they simply asked a variety of questions about you, your abilities, your experience, and what you think you can bring to the company overall. They were very punctual in getting back to set up each round of the interviews and getting back to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you exhibit that you think will help improve the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Carthage, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

In store meeting with District Manager, another interview with another DM and previous DM and final interview to the district office to meet with the district HR for interview. It was the usual retail interview questions. The interviews were very personable and relaxed. They made you comfortable and did talk about your personal life and not all business.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies me for this position? What positive things would I bring to the store and company? What are my hobbies and asked about my family. Questions on customer service, merchandising and working with fellow employees.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

They are big on stealing and if you do drugs. They will ask many times in different ways these questions. 3 interviews later and the job was mine. Basic questions, what are your weaknesses and strengths? Tell me about yourself?

Negotiation

Pay is pay

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

Interview Process

1st: Job Fair