Active Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Active Network Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.7

Windows Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

After taking their screening exam twice and having an ntentionally difficult phone interiew (was done by phone because the people I would be working with are in another city), I never heard another word back from them. I sent thank you messages and follow up requests, but the HR person couldn't be bothered to reply. I would highly recommend that people don't even apply to this company because their HR staff appear to be as impersonal and unprofessional as they come. They subject you to the same general intelligence exam twice, give you no feedback about the exam, tell you they're scheduling a phone interview and you should hear back shortly (shortly, in this world, is apparently a couple of weeks), then refuse to give feedback after the interview. I honestly don't know how people get jobs here. I would advise management to look into what the HR/Recruiting staff actually do, since their recruiting skills are pretty sad.

Interview Questions

• They give you the same "intelligence test" twice before you're ever allowed to discuss a position with them.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Active Network in July 2017.

Interview

Received a message from the HR recruiter to take the assessment. I can only assume that I didn't meet the expectations from the assessment as I never heard back from them.

Suggestion to Active Network, if your going to waste someone's time with an assessment the least you can do is provide a response.

Senior Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was initially approached by a recruiter for ACTIVE Networks via LinkedIn InMail. She notified me that she would like to discuss an opening and asked to set a time to speak over the phone via Calendly.

Phone Screen (Interview #1):
    Fifteen (15) minutes after the recruiter was supposed to call me, she actually did. The entire conversation seemed incredibly rushed and felt like she wanted to be able to check off a few boxes - not altogether unsurprising for that stage in the process. At the conclusion of the 30 minute call, the recruiter asked that I complete an online assessment in order for her to determine next steps.

Online Testing #1:
    Received a link to complete two tests with Criteria Corp online that are estimated to take approximately 30 minutes. The two tests were the Sales Achievement Predictor (SalesAP) and the Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test (CCAT).

After completing the initial test online, the recruiter set an appointment to FaceTime and watch me take ("proctor") the CCAT test a 2nd time (15 minute times portion with 50 assorted questions).

Online Testing #2:
    Similar to the initial phone screen, the recruiter was approximately 10-15 minutes late to the FaceTime appointment. Quickly after completing the 2nd round of the CCAT, the recruiter received the results and mentioned she would submit me to the hiring manager for consideration.

Phone Call with Hiring Manager (Interview #2):
    Seeming to indicate a trend at their organization, the hiring manager was 5 minutes late the appointed call time. As in the prior phone call with the recruiter, the discussion seemed very rushed (lasting approximately 25 minutes). The call did not have much structure to it and basically focused on an overview of employment history. There were few (if any) questions relating to the ability to execute the specific responsibilities of the position or understanding the candidate's thought processes (e.g. "tell me about a time when...", etc.). It felt relatively one-dimensional and less of a discussion and more of attempting to check the boxes - which was surprising at this point in the process; that should have been established in the pre-screen. The interview concluded with the hiring manager stating that he would get with the right people on his side regarding next steps. I took this as a positive indicator.

Conclusion:
    Approximately 24-hours after the second interview I received a generic e-mail correspondence from a "noreply" e-mail address that, among a lot of fluff, did not mention the specific position being referenced aside from "Confidential- Pooling Req with Active Network" and stated "we regret to inform you that we have decided to pursue other candidates for this opportunity at this time.".

Frankly, I was a little surprised to receive a generic e-mail from a generic source rather than a personal phone call from the recruiter considering the amount of time I had invested to take their testing battery twice in addition to multiple phone conversations. I attempted to contact the recruiter via a phone call to request feedback and got their voicemail. A disappointing conclusion to a disappointing process.

User Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had been looking for job for a few months and had several interviews before interviewing at Active Network. Active was by far the best interview process I had in awhile, it was thorough but not stretched out like a lot of the other interviews I had. Angela was always quick to respond to emails and available for any questions I had throughout the process. She even took the time during a period of waiting to call and check in on me, making sure I was having a good interview process so far. Just that made me want to work for Active even more.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

Applied, tested and interviewed for key manager role. Turned down offer because of my experience with the company through the process. Very delayed process, low response, testing reminded me of a mini SAT. The test was irrelevant to the job description and is not an appropriate metric for the type of skills required by the job. All signs pointed to a lack of understanding of human capital.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Recuriter contacts me via Linkedin, had me take some tests, told to come to a meet and greet after taking the second proctored version of the tests, told by recruiter my scores were excellent. I was never granted a proper interview despite assurances and good conversations at what was essentially a networking event, not something for someone contacted by the company. Managers seemed paranoid about bad reviews and "bad apples". Overall I met some nice people, members of the sales team who were less qualified than I but I assume they knew someone. Company was apparently recently taken over and nobody in a senior position that I met had been there for more than three years. Overall I had a lot of my time wasted by a company that contacted me for a position that I was ultimately not even properly interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you go back to work at that grocery store you worked at part time?   Answer Question

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiting specialist
    Took multiple personality assessments and answers over the phone questions from recruiter
    Scheduled an in-person interview with the recruiter
    Attended networking event at the Active Office the night before the interview (LOVED IT)
    Interviewed the following morning and was given a really nice tour of the office upon completion of the interview

Interview Questions

• "What would your references say about you?"   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a initial phone interview, followed by a personality and IQ test. Then a second interview with Creative Director. Then they wanted me to work on a "test" project... FOR FREE!!!?? That is called spec work, and it's unethical.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my work experience, software use, etc.   Answer Question

They were asking me to work on test project for FREE.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You need to take kind of an IQ test (written). The interview was with 2 people asking questions about our willingness to get the job done and being committed to getting the job done and giving examples of how I did that in the past.

Associate User Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Active Network (Richardson, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was a mere 4 minutes from beginning to end.

Prior to phone interview, there will be a 15 minute personality assessment quiz, as well as timed 15 minute skills assessment quiz. 50 questions, answer as many as you can in 15 minutes. Recruiter will then schedule phone interview after.