Active Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.7

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick. I received an email inviting me to complete an online assessment. Within the week after completion, I received a call for a phone screen. I was then asked to come in and verify my test results in which I took another test. After that I interviewed the the VP and the manager.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Active Network (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Every recruiter in town seems to have this company "as one of our clients". I was contacted by some recruiter and was sent to an interview. That was an afternoon of time that I will never get back. At the interview, the people were pretty cold and seemed not to be very excited to work there. Judging from the people in the interview, and the amount of openings they seem to post on every single job web site out there, and the amount of recruiters that seem to want to place warm bodies in their positions, it would be my guess that turn over there is pretty high. I am just not into that cold, churn and burn, environment,

Interview Questions

• They gave me a small program on a piece of paper and asked for the result. If could be tricky if you don't read carefully because some variables are static etc, etc. Just read it carefully, out loud if you have to.   Answer Question

In my opinion, these people are total unprofessional basket cases. The second the recruiter says "Active Network" hang up on them. I declined because I did not have a good vibe about the company after the interview, and the salary was laughable. I didn't bother negotiating this one, I kindly thanked them and then deleted them out of my email box. I hope I never hear from them again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Active Network (Draper, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

In the interview they gave me a simple scenario and asked me to create Database tables and asked me to write some simple queries using those tables. After that they asked me some questions on Java Utilities and the rest were typical HR questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email back the next day about taking their aptitude test. After I took it, I got a call a week later for initial screening. A week after that, I got another phone call for a conference interview. These three weeks were spent with little to no communication and continual screw ups on Active's end. The conference interview was the worst I've experienced, with horrible hiring managers and several interruptions from other interviewees while I was interviewing on the same conference line. Despite any of this, they decided to give me an offer and asked for me to accept it within the day. I asked for a formal, written job offer and they took the offer of the table on the spot. Good riddance. Spend some time reading the reviews from their employees; you'll be hard-pressed to find a single member of the technical division that has had a positive experience with this company.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between static and final?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Technically they rescinded the offer, but I was going to turn them down regardless; the entire application process was a nightmare.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

I applied online through their website for a PHP Developer position. The HR responded with an assessment test, that consisted of an untimed personality assessment portion and a timed cognitive section. Although the test was pretty easy, the only challenge was to complete 50 questions in 15 minutes. After the test, I heard from the HR that I had cleared the test. The next round was a technical assessment test, which had 20 questions related to C, PHP, Shell Scripting, JQuery, Java, Database Queries. I completed the test in a couple of days and heard from the HR that the Hiring Manager would like to setup a phone interview with me. The phone interview was mostly conversational, with describing the position in detail and inquiring about my background in detail. There were also some questions on OOPS and Database concepts. On the same day, I heard from him that they would like to schedule a Skype interview with 2 more team members. The Skype interview was a mix of behavioral questions, and my thinking on some of the questions on the technical test. The interview went really well, with the Hiring Manager saying I should hear back within a week. That's the last I heard from them! A week passed, and I followed up with the HR but received no response. Another week passed, with me following up again and receiving no response. After this, I decided to contact the Hiring Manager and sent him an email asking for feedback. I also sent a third email to the HR. It's been more than another week, and I haven't heard back.

To Active Network: At least have the courtesy to reply to an applicant!

Interview Questions

• Given an function that return a random number from 0 to 5, implement a function returning a random number from 0 to 7.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

They ask about the interest to the job as well as your skills. They are pretty interested in my website asp.net skill and give me the onsite chance for this. The onsite is not too hard and they are very polite and patient during the whole process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

There is no response after the interview. I took the online assessment twice, one phone interview and the onsite interview took about 30 minutes. I actually feel pretty satisfied after the interview, but there is no any response in the future two weeks. Although I sent several thank you letters, there was no one replying me. Finally, after two weeks of my interview, I received an short email said they will not move forward with me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You need to take kind of an IQ test (written). The interview was with 2 people asking questions about our willingness to get the job done and being committed to getting the job done and giving examples of how I did that in the past.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network (Bothell, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Was asked generic interview questions over the phone. Came in to be interviewed by a group of three - many questions were the same as asked on the phone. Nothing surprising.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone difficult.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Active Network in February 2017.

Interview

First, there is a rigorous cognitive test, with 50 questions to be answered in 15 min. This is followed by a personality test. I got through this round and had a call with the HR who initially said that I got the job. I went on to speak to the UX Team and just couldn't connect with them. Also, they seemed very vague and the pay for interns is extremely low, $10/ hour for a graduate student. I did not hear from them after the final round, so I assume that I did not get the job.