Affiliated Computer Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Affiliated Computer Services

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Frostburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Frostburg, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

She sat me down at an unused computer and sat next to me at another unused computer and asked me about my transportation abilities, high school grades, and the usual "are you motivated to be a forward thinking, task driven associate for ACS?" nonsense.
Then there was a drug test, and some more questions about my work history.
Then she told me some more stuff that sounded like a schedule or something. I asked her "Wait, am I hired?"
She responded "Oh. Yeah."
Not great on the communicating, especially so during training. (after i've been hired, training now) She went through their 20 year old computer system and the tasks we would be using it for at light speed for a month. I understood none of it and had to quit. I don't understand how any of the other students understood anything she was talking about. Legal and financial jargon is all gobbledygook to me, anyway.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
  • Are you familiar with computers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I simply had a referral from a friend and I completed HR clerical testing the next day. Two days later, I had my interview and was hired on the spot.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview

Interview was very short, I didn't think I did very well, but was offered a job immediately. The person I interviewed seemed very disinterested in her own position, and just seemed like she was willing to hire anyone on.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have dealing with customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Mesa, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Formal. Interviewer tried to present a relaxed format, but they didn't seem to feel comfortable doing this [perhaps they are new]. He used a scripted format - psychological type interview. These formatted interviews attempt to be objective - but they make the applicant ill-at-ease. And they do not demonstrate how well the person reacts to a client, or how well the applicant can communicate in writing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received a call from a difficult client. What was the situation, and how did you handle them?   1 Answer

I looked at the work environment, and reflected on it. The suite had no windows, the lighting was kept very low, and there were no clocks anywhere. I felt that this was a dreadful environment to try to stay alert in!

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2009.

Interview

Went into the HR office, completed the typing and call center tests...very easy. After passing these went in for an interview with another candidate. Basic HR questions...little to no pressure. Offered a job on the spot. They obviously know that you are not going to stick around this job too long...they really bring in the herds of people. Seems like an alright place to work for a while.

Interview Questions

• Name a policy at a former job that you didn't agree with, and what you did in response?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

There are 5 steps.

1) A scenario test. I.e. "If a customer was mad, what is the appropriate reaction?"
    2) A typing and listening test. Type 35 WPM, and listen to 20 sample phone calls and answer a question about them.
    3) Quick interview; see if your goals line up with the company's needs (can you work full time, can you work weekends, etc)
    4) In-person interview. Meet a hiring manager, they decide if you have the necessary people skills to succeed.
    5) Background check/drug test

Interview Questions

• Do you see this more as a job, or a career?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work overtime when needed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Accept that you will work overtime against your will, and you will be hired

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Atlanta, GA) in December 2008.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back to interview with the supervisor of the dept. I went in for the interview and it was suppose to be with the supervisor and the manager, but the manager was to busy to come into the interview. The office was a call center. He was very impressed with me at the end of the interview. I got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations available.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tempe, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted via E-mail to let me know that a new position had opened up. They have you apply on their website, where you find out next to nothing regarding what you will be doing. All you know is that you will be working as a CSA. Then, they bring you in and do an interview. They ask you simple questions, like "What experience do you have?" and many "Describe a situation when..." scenarios. Overall, very simple.

Interview Questions

• Give me an experience of yours in which you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the five most important traits that matter to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely not.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

Had to take a test on a computer. the test consisted of listening skills and costumer service and afterwards basic interview. Nothing difficult they will take anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. This company is a multinational company and they want us in the US to become like the 3rd world countries they operate in. So forget about negotiating.....

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

They asked me could i pass a computer test
    i passed it and got the job
    thats it

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to troubleshoot   2 Answers

Negotiation

there was no such phase