Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions

2.2

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

you come in, take a series of computer tests, get interviewd by a contactor who has no idea what is truly involved in the position other than what they have wriiten on a piece of paper in front of them, if you pass them, a background check & a drug test later you are hired.

You are lied to about the potential of the job. Advancement at this location is impossible & is based on your relationship with whomever happens to be in power at the time.

Interview Questions

• Can you work any hours we ask you to?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to make a minimum of $8.75 per hour   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is none, it's take it or leave it

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Long Beach, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

interview was easy..they will ask questions about you and how will your skills help the company grow..just be honest and very friendly. They will also give you scenarios and see how you will handle any situation given.could be how will you handle a situation when you have a problem with a co worker. also they will see if you are a team player.

Interview Questions

• how will you handle the situation when you have an issue with a co worker?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Germantown, MD) in July 2009.

Interview

I phone screened with a recruiter, then was brought on site for two separate 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What are most necessary skills as an assistant   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview

Met with divisional MD and Commercial Head of Sales

Interview Questions

• How would you go about differentiating our services vs. our competitors knowing what you know about us and the industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fast (within a week), and I received what I requested ( a higher base than what was originally offered)

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Atlanta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

- Applied on the ACS, Inc. website
    - Received (after 1.5 months) a skills test unrelated to the job via email, to be submitted via email within 2 days
    - Received a call to interview after another month
    - Interviewed 1st time and failed for not knowing something that was not related to the job
    - Got sent in to a different ACS group after 2 months through one of ACS's consulting/staffing vendors for the same job
    - Interviewed with 2 people one after the other for 5 minutes each
    - Received instructions from the consulting/staffing vendor to start consulting job after 3 weeks
    - Converted to Full-Time permanent status after 6 months.

Negotiation

No chance of negotiation. You are given an offer to accept or reject.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from recruiter within a week to set up a phone call. The initial phone interview was detailed and lasted about 45 mins. Got invited to in person interview the following week. The interview was the MD them VP and 4 other sr. managers. The total time was about 5 hours plus. Genrealy very polite with very specific questions about my resume and the type of work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and relocation package. They were very open to it and very acoomodative.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Richmond, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

After submitting my resume the HR representative asked me to answer some specific questions about my skillset. Next a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. The hiring manager asked more questions about my past experience and about my technical knowledge. Next came an on-site interview with the hiring manager and some potential peers. Again, more questions about my experience and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• A question about C# lambda expressions (a fairly new technique).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything, the offer matched the salary requirement I had listed.

Telephone Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lewiston, ME) in September 2008.

Interview

It was a very simple process. You walk in the reception area and ask to apply. They immediately have you fill out a pre-screen questionnaire which asks general questions about your job history, education, and shift availability. Next they have you take a few skill tests that test your typing speed and sales aptitude. If you pass the skills test they arrange for you to interview with a supervisor on the campaign they are considering hiring you for. If your interview goes well, then you are hired and they inform you of when your training class begins. Next they hand you the form needed to go perform your drug test. If you pass your drug test, then you are truly hired.

Interview Questions

• How many days do you think an employee should miss in an average year?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation you encountered at work, and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview

They do a full background investigation. Thus, the wait and call back took about 2 moths or so but soon after I received an income offer I was working immediately; within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• This is a contract position and can end at anytime. Do you know what that neans to you personally and for the business? Are you comfortable with that?   1 Answer
    • You will be working directly under the senior accountant. Have you ever worked directly under strict supervision? Tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tempe, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial communication with HR was non-informative. They did not know details about the position or group I would be interview with. When I arrived to my appointment, the security and receptionist were not helpful in contacting the needed parties once I signed in. I had to use my cell to call the HR rep while I sat in the lobby across from her office. HR proceeded to tell me details about her personal life before turning me over to management. 2 managers interviewed me - one looked rather indifferent, the other looked too intense. The indifferent one did not ask any questions and stared out the window, while the intense one asked questions that were unrelated to the job or my experience, for the most part. It was evident that the interview was the first time either had the bothered to look at my resume in detail. There were some accounting questions; when I asked for clarification because they were worded so oddly, the second interviewing manager agreed that they weren't ure what was being asked. I was called back for a second interview with 2 different managers. Neither of these managers gave the impression of intelligence or accounting knowledge - it seemed like they made friends in the right places to get promotions. They also stressed how miserable my potential co-workers were to interact with, low morale throughout the division and "challenging" the client would be. HR called me back to offer the position within a day and ask when I could start, but had no information on offered salary, department (I had interviewed with 4 managers looking for accountants in 4 areas) or benefits. I refused to commit until HR provided me with the basics. It took HR another 3 days to clarify the basic information one would expect when being offered a job.

Interview Questions

• If you have funds that are no good, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked with people who absolutely hate each other and have been reprimanded repeatedly for having confrontations?   1 Answer
    • I didn't realize you had worked in accounting before. Did you know it was hard to tell from your resume? Did you go to school for it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was in the 20th percentile for pay in the area per payscale.com and other reputable sources. HR told me what other accountants had been offered and told me the company approval ceiling. I cut the difference as asked to be brought to 50th percentile for the metro region. I knew this would not be a place I would stay for a career, only until the market improved. I had also used glassdoor as a reference to see that salary increases had not been offered in years. Essentially, I ensured that financially I'd be good for 2-3 years without a pay increase before accepting the position.

I would recommend that you do your research on what an appropriate payscale for a position is before interviewing. Gather hard copy of your evidence from reputable sources, and if necessary, provide it HR when making a counteroffer. It doesn't hurt to ask, but when you know they're purposefully and painfully trying to get you on the cheap, they cannot deny good research and are likely to meet your request, if reasonable.