Allstate Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in June 2017.

Interview

The HR was kind of not knowing what time to call. He gave me a time of 10:30 and gave me a call at 8:30. It was not a good experience. He checked some of the points and said we are not hiring because of a particular reason not because anything was missing in my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in to Home Office in Northbrook, IL. Sat down with manager and went over resume. Explained implementation details of projects I had done. Talked about what I was looking for in the internship, what I was interested in, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me step-by-step through the algorithm you used to solve this problem?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

applied at career fair, got a call soon after, had two phone interviews (one screening type, the other was technical) and also had to do a third recorded response interview through montage learning. Overall, the recruiter and interviewer i interacted with were very nice and professional. They were helpful and it seemed like it would have been a great environment to work in. From the career fair to when i ended up getting an offer after all the interviews was like a total time of like 4 weeks, so pretty fast compared to other companies. The first interview was going over your resume in depth, them explaining about their development teams. The second technical interview were mainly OOP, string manipulation, linked lists questions... really know your OOP and class/interface java stuff. Salary offered was impressive but i chose a internship closer to home.

Interview Questions

• pillars of object oriented programming, if you list mysql on your resume they will ask about basics of sql, finding duplicates in string arrays, printing a string in reverse order, etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to the recruiters at a university career fair. A week later, I had a technical phone interview, and then had an onsite behavioral interview two weeks after. Both rounds were about 30 minutes long. About a week later I received confirmation, so the entire process took around 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview consists of basic OOP concepts and data structures, some database topics such as SQL, BCNF.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you failed, and what you have learned from it.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between overloading and overriding?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, was satisfied with their offer.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Basic technical phone interview. Talked about coding practices and object oriented design. Also asked about my own technical experiences and what I'd do in various situations. It was pretty much a combination of technical and behavioral interview with plenty of questions. They didn't ask any sort of algorithm or data structure questions but instead focused on Java and also a database question.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is encapsulation and inheritance in Object Oriented Development?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview call after 4 weeks. The interview was for 2.5 hours, mostly behavioural and less technical. After that it took 1 more week to get the confirmation and 2 weeks for background verification process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Was offered good pay

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Applied online and months later was contacted to do an automated telephone interview. After that I was invited to an onsite interview. An hour long half behavioral and half technical.

Interview Questions

• General Java, data structures, database, and writing sample code. Nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email to do a phone screening that was automated. It was basically a prerecorded voice that was asking a question and you recorded your answer. The questions were really hard to hear, so I'd wear headphones at max volume (even then it was hard to hear and I missed the first question because of it). The questions were not hard and were basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Urbana, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

There was one technical interview that I got after attending a career fair at my school. It was fairly easy. Mostly questions related to Java language. There were also a few Data structure questions i.e. explaining what stacks and queues were. And then there were also a few SQL questions, mostly related to how you would query for elements. Then next part of the process was a behavioral phone interview, where you recorded your voice to questions.

Interview Questions

• Stacks, Queues, Java questions (i.e. what does the garbage collector do?), SQL   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I applied at the career fair that was held at my university. I was then contacted for a on campus interview. First interview was technical and went over your resume. I was then contacted weeks later for a onsite interview. I got interviewed by two people the first one was technical and the second one was behavior. If you you want to do well on the interviews make sure you know databases, object oriented programming, and your data structures.