Allstate Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Applications Developer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.8

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

applied at career fair, got a call soon after, had two phone interviews (one screening type, the other was technical) and also had to do a third recorded response interview through montage learning. Overall, the recruiter and interviewer i interacted with were very nice and professional. They were helpful and it seemed like it would have been a great environment to work in. From the career fair to when i ended up getting an offer after all the interviews was like a total time of like 4 weeks, so pretty fast compared to other companies. The first interview was going over your resume in depth, them explaining about their development teams. The second technical interview were mainly OOP, string manipulation, linked lists questions... really know your OOP and class/interface java stuff. Salary offered was impressive but i chose a internship closer to home.

Interview Questions

• pillars of object oriented programming, if you list mysql on your resume they will ask about basics of sql, finding duplicates in string arrays, printing a string in reverse order, etc...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to the recruiters at a university career fair. A week later, I had a technical phone interview, and then had an onsite behavioral interview two weeks after. Both rounds were about 30 minutes long. About a week later I received confirmation, so the entire process took around 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview consists of basic OOP concepts and data structures, some database topics such as SQL, BCNF.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you failed, and what you have learned from it.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between overloading and overriding?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, was satisfied with their offer.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Basic technical phone interview. Talked about coding practices and object oriented design. Also asked about my own technical experiences and what I'd do in various situations. It was pretty much a combination of technical and behavioral interview with plenty of questions. They didn't ask any sort of algorithm or data structure questions but instead focused on Java and also a database question.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is encapsulation and inheritance in Object Oriented Development?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview call after 4 weeks. The interview was for 2.5 hours, mostly behavioural and less technical. After that it took 1 more week to get the confirmation and 2 weeks for background verification process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Was offered good pay

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Applied online and months later was contacted to do an automated telephone interview. After that I was invited to an onsite interview. An hour long half behavioral and half technical.

Interview Questions

• General Java, data structures, database, and writing sample code. Nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email to do a phone screening that was automated. It was basically a prerecorded voice that was asking a question and you recorded your answer. The questions were really hard to hear, so I'd wear headphones at max volume (even then it was hard to hear and I missed the first question because of it). The questions were not hard and were basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Urbana, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

There was one technical interview that I got after attending a career fair at my school. It was fairly easy. Mostly questions related to Java language. There were also a few Data structure questions i.e. explaining what stacks and queues were. And then there were also a few SQL questions, mostly related to how you would query for elements. Then next part of the process was a behavioral phone interview, where you recorded your voice to questions.

Interview Questions

• Stacks, Queues, Java questions (i.e. what does the garbage collector do?), SQL   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I applied at the career fair that was held at my university. I was then contacted for a on campus interview. First interview was technical and went over your resume. I was then contacted weeks later for a onsite interview. I got interviewed by two people the first one was technical and the second one was behavior. If you you want to do well on the interviews make sure you know databases, object oriented programming, and your data structures.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I was emailed to visit the Allstate main campus after recruited from a conference. They flew me out to Illinois and was a very positive atmosphere. I was called into an interview that was located at the cafeteria as it was mostly average technical questions to decide where I will mostly fit in the company. It was very relaxed and a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about network security and big data   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Lincoln, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online. I got an email back from the Talent Coordinator of Allstate looking to have me come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview and they gave me a location. I interviewed with the manager who hired me and one of my soon to be cooworkers. The asked me about everything on my resume, they were trying to get a feel for who I was, what I do, how I do it and so forth. We chatted for about an hour. There was a scripted part of the interview, casual conversation about things on my resume, and a time for me to ask them questions. After I had ran out of questions, I thanked them, and went home. A few days later I got a call back from Allstate and they had offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part of the interview was answering some object oriented programming questions. At the time, I had blanked on the definition of polymorphism and the differences between an abstract class and an interface. I should have brushed up more on my programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted their terms. No negotiations for an intern position. None that I remember at least.