Allstate Reviews

3.5
Allstate Chairman and Chief Executive Officer  Thomas J. Wilson II
Thomas J. Wilson II
3,186 Ratings

What people are saying about Allstate

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The company has good benefits and is constantly looking to see what they can do to enhance their benefit offering.(in 645 reviews)
  • "Great people around you to get you acclimated to the environment and will help whenever needed(in 451 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and ability to move roles/ make connections in other areas of the company(in 450 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and on par with similar positions at other company’s if not more in some cases.(in 321 reviews)
  • "Great work from home options(in 191 reviews)
Cons
  • "like relationship between agency owner and manager which means you can’t make any complaints of the poor management.(in 271 reviews)
  • "Low salary and sales commission(in 133 reviews)
  • "Managers do not manage the sales staff.(in 129 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership in IT did not have the right type of diversity mix at the time.(in 109 reviews)
  • "Overall, claims department's upper management does not care about the physical or mental well being of their staff.(in 82 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Allstate and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

May 16, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance 40 hrs / week

Cons

Hard quotas to hit monthly

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lol

May 18, 2022 - Licensed Agent in Richland, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The agency I work for is run by a wonderful lady who is smart and extremely hardworking. Her retention rate is unmatched in the area we are in!

Cons

The company. They care nothing about their exclusive agents… just look up the lawsuit currently underway. Allstates 24/7 customer contact center steals quotes from private agents on the new quoting portal. The company has also now mandated control over agency phones which has been a disaster as well. The new phones work by internet connection so now if the internet goes out… bye bye phone communication as well. How can you expect to be successful when your own company is destroying you on purpose? I feel terrible for agents with a loan! This company cares about no one and their holiday closure days are only a handful every year. Remember, produce more than you’ve ever had to for a shrinking commission rate or else we will fire you! -Allstate

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome position!

May 5, 2022 - Senior Quality Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot speak for other positions, but mine is flexible, team-oriented, has great management & your thoughts are always taken into consideration. They are always looking into new incentives as well. It’s like a real life family @ work :-) Lots of PTO ( especially if you are tenured). 401k and Pension.

Cons

The pay is not great. No bonuses anymore since we went from ESURANCE to All State. Even after 12 years, I don’t make a lot ( especially compared to the same position in other companies after 10-15 years of employment)- but considering how great the job is, it’s still worth it. Benefits ( insurance) is horrible. High deductible plans only & you pay full price for almost everything until you reach your deductible. :-(

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good and bad

May 4, 2022 - Express Claims Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get almost 19 days of PTO to start out but only 17 dollars an hour unless you work after 3 pm when you get a differential and you also have to work either Saturday or Sunday and you'll get another differential for that weekend day. The leads and mentors are helpful but sometimes they can't help because they're on the phone so you're stranded in the middle of an ocean surrounded by sharks. The health insurance is very expensive but Allstate does help you pay for some of it. If you need to work from home and you need a good amount of PTO because you have kids then you can do this job and try to survive. You will deal with crappy people and unrealistic metrics in every remote customer service job. This may be one of the better remote jobs in terms of the days off and decent management who try to help you succeed. So do what you gotta do if you need to be home.

Cons

Get used to hearing, "My adjuster hasn't returned any of my calls!!!" The training isn't long enough, you're expected to learn as you go while making decisions that affect other peoples lives. Angry aggressive rude disrespectful customers, sometimes mentors and leads are on the phone and can't help you, training isn't long enough but you're punished if you make a mistake when they admit they don't teach you everything because there is so much to know, you can't be back late from lunch or break unless you want your supervisor breathing down your neck, metrics are unrealistic but they do try to help you improve, all of your calls are recorded and listened to so they can nitpick and call you out, they claim you can move into another position but everybody I know who got a new job within Allstate was was in their current position for 2-4 years before they were allowed to move up. Rarely someone gets to move into a new position after a year.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pay is decent, people seem nice too!

May 17, 2022 -  in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Completive salary based on my experience so far I'm the work force.

Cons

none that I know of yet