Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017
1,103 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Typical first technical assessment screen call. 30 min, STAR format with several people.
    Job location was mis-communicated, could have saved half an hour if the hiring manager and HR rep were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• Typical tell us about a time etc etc.. difficult customer/how you prioritize time-tasks/tell us about a weakness...   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Had 3 interviews office manager and agency owners and another person basic questions focused on sales and commission very low compensation for a ton a work but good office environment and training was good

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Pre-recorded phone interview. Received an email with a url leading to a page to enter phone number. Received a phone call within a minute with around 5-10 pre-recorded questions, some of which were very short, while others were longer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe your most recent data science project. What was it about? What data sets did you use? What conclusions did you draw?   Answer Question

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

They use the STAR interview process. The interview was alright. It seemed, forced on their end. There were 3 interviewing me; around a table. They didn't seem to want to be there. They asked the usual STAR type questions. Tell me a time...how would handle, etc. The interview started with some office style banter of a a story; they're so busy, weren't planning on doing an interview, usual person that conducts interviews is out.
    I almost felt like telling them; I didn't schedule the interview, way to make me feel welcome and I value my time, please stop wasting it.
    I left knowing I would not be extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to work with someone you didn't like. How did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

IT Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

HR recruiters do not inform you of progress along the way in their interview process. When you try to reach out to your recruiter, you get no response. Then when asking about salary requirements to better understand if you are qualified, there is no response.

After setting up an interview, they change it the day of from phone to in person, never taking into account you actually may be working. Had to submit a writing sample, and waited....no response from recruiter to confirm they received my writing sample. Received the standard email response, you were not selected to go forward.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Yonkers, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later stating they want to schedule an interview. Went to the interview one week later, met with two lead counsel attorneys. They were friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my employment history, reasons why I left my previous positions. Asked if I liked the work I do, do I plan on going to law school. What case load am I used to. At the end of the interview they switched to the STAR method questioning, which they made clear were questions from corporate and had to ask them, but honestly they didn't really care for the questions or my answers. They found out what they really wanted about me through their own questioning.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in June 2017.

Interview

The HR was kind of not knowing what time to call. He gave me a time of 10:30 and gave me a call at 8:30. It was not a good experience. He checked some of the points and said we are not hiring because of a particular reason not because anything was missing in my resume.

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

1.) Apply for a job in Brooklyn someone from Chicago scheduled a phone interview, past that.
    2) gotta take a damn test after passed that.
    3) went to downtown Brooklyn for the in person interview.

Persons who suppose to do the interview wasn't there, I was interviewed by 2 kids fresh out of school of something. Interveiw went by well untill at the end they made me do phone role play. That completely messed me up. First of all the phone volume was too low so i was like "can you repeat that one more time" , 'What", "say it one more time please" the whole time on the role play.

this is a huge waste of time they got like 9 applicants for one opening and they said they got another 9 next week, ridiculous.

Entry Level Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on 6/6/17 and the same day received an email for a phone interview that I had on the 9th. After the phone interview I was sent an email for a link for an assessment. I took the the assessment passed and received an email that I passed right away. I then got an email a few days later to set up a face to face interview. My face to face interview went well and I had to do a mock phone call after the phone call I was invited back for a second interview in which I shadowed two employees and then met with the regional manager for literally all of five minutes and then received an email a few days later asking for my social and I got a contingent job offer which would be official after I passed a drug and background check. I passed both and was hired on 7/7/17.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

After I applied to their career website, I got an fifteen-minute interview with HR first. Three weeks later, I got the second interview, taking around one hour, with their data engineer and data scientist.

Interview Questions

• three logic questions and describe how to implement them by coding   Answer Question