Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017
1,171 Interview Reviews

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a presentation on the topic of your choice and interview with the rest of the team that will ask you questions about your work ethic, how do you solve a daily problem, and your personality. Ultimately want to see if you have the personality and work ethic to fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit with the team? What do you bring to the table? What do you want to learn about this position?   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Had an automated phone interview with basic questions, followed by an online assessment mainly judging customer service skills, and finally an in person interview with 3 people. Recieved offer same day, drug test and background check done the following

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to adjust your priorities to accommodate a certain issue   Answer Question

Subrogation Abritation Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied online and the next day I had a phone interview with an automated system. It was a very awkward process dealing with a computer. I wish it would’ve been with an actual human being. After I completed the interview I was sent an assessment. Then the next day I find out I failed it.

The whole process seemed rather pushed and impersonal.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Started with basic questions about me and then moved to behavioral based questions. I was also asked two analytical problem-based questions which had multiple parts to them. For the two problems, the interviewer shared their screen to display the problems.

Interview Questions

• I was given a table that showed box offices sales for different movies and asked to answer various analytical questions and explain how I came to those answers.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

it was quick and very though, I would never work for such a company. I could do better.they accept too much from you even if you have a lot of experience

Field Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Glassdoor. After about 10 days, received call from a recruiter for an initial phone screening. Recruiter offered skills/personality test. Next received an invitation for an interview with hiring manager. After face to face interview & a week later received a phone call from another hiring manager for brief phone interview. Following week received contingent offer. Completed background check and drug screen and was given final acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with a customer. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a situation where you disagreed with a situation or someone, how did you handle it and what was outcome?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was about 1 hour and 30 minutes. After they asked a few behavioral questions they went over work history. Then we did a tour of the facility and they had me to sit with a specialist while I watched her take a few calls. Once that was over they told me I’d hear something back within a week

Billing Adjudication Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for the position. I sent her my resume and she gave it to her boss. I was sent a “you were referred” email that has a link to fill out their application. Most of them were just employment and education history questions. I submitted the application and that day I received an email from a recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, the recruiter sent me an online behavioral assessment. You have 48 hours to complete it. I received a phone call 2 days later to tell me I passed the assessment and schedule an in-person Interview for Monday. I showed up to my interview 15 minutes early in business attire. I was pleasantly surprised that my interviewers (2 managers) were in jeans and t-shirts. It was a very comfortable interview. I was told I would not hear anything for 2 weeks because there were other scheduled. I sent a thank you card in the mail because I had time for them to receive it and it is more personal than an e-mail. I received a call 9 days later with a contingent job offer. It is contingent on a drug test and background check. You have 48 hours to take the drug test and fill out the information found in the email link. I filled the information out as soon as I received the email and scheduled a drug test the next day. I received an email 4 days later telling me that I passed both and my start date in a week. I suggest having a copy of your resume and job description for the phone interview. I have never worked in insurance or healthcare before. My experience is in food service and retail. I am so excited to be working for Allstate!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Allstate?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge. What steps did you take and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you implemented a new procedure. How was it perceived and what steps did you take?   Answer Question
    • What is your desired salary?   Answer Question
    • At your previous jobs, have you ever had difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • Are you RHIT-certified?   1 Answer

Inside Auto Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in August and had a phone interview a week later. Then went in for 2 face to face interviews. 3 behavioral questions and one skill assessment. Offered more $ than expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you handled a frustrated customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

EDI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Terrible, I needed 4 weeks to start and the hiring manager wouldn't even continue the interview. I was over qualified for the job but decided filling the position was more important than talent.