Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017
1,112 Interview Reviews

2.7

Risk Modeler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews - 1 with a recruiter and the other with the hiring manager. Didn't hear back for a couple of weeks until I followed up and they said that they don't sponsor H1B visas.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral and technical questions. Asked about previous experience with stochastic modeling.   Answer Question

Agency Service Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Phone interview where HR rep obviously asked questions she had written down. Very unprofessional as she seemed to "argue" about the order of resume and how it should be restructured. She advised it would not be submitted until her changes were addressed. No information changed, She was unhappy with the order. When asked for clarification, she seems agitated. Not very professional and completely thrown off from advancing. Not a very good impression.

Interview Questions

• What are some process improvements you made   1 Answer

Interview

I was assigned a seat to wait in while occupying the lobby. From there I was taken to the owner and given a standard interview. I felt very comfortable with the staff.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I had no interest in applying to Allstate, but I was contacted by a recruiter so why not. I passed the first phone interview and was asked to complete an application online. Needless to say I was never contacted again. This has happened twice with Allstate Jax.

Why even contact me if you won't even give me a chance? I was honest about my skill level on the first interview. I am a recent grad not an expert. Honestly I am less upset about not getting hired and more annoyed that you would contact me in the first place. Ugh!

Interview Questions

• If I knew SAS. I don't. Honestly who does?   1 Answer

Senior Investments Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was a phone screen with the Internal Audit Director. I had the right qualifications and experience. After the phone interview I sent an email and he responded with "we'll be in touch soon." A week later the recruiter tells me he's not interested.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Typical first technical assessment screen call. 30 min, STAR format with several people.
    Job location was mis-communicated, could have saved half an hour if the hiring manager and HR rep were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• Typical tell us about a time etc etc.. difficult customer/how you prioritize time-tasks/tell us about a weakness...   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Had 3 interviews office manager and agency owners and another person basic questions focused on sales and commission very low compensation for a ton a work but good office environment and training was good

Junior Data Scientist Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Bothell, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

3 phone screens, 1 on-site. Standard data case/coding questions. The people were very professional and the D3 division was an excellent division. The on-site was a full day, with standard behavior questions first, presentation, coding question, lunch, and a data case

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Pre-recorded phone interview. Received an email with a url leading to a page to enter phone number. Received a phone call within a minute with around 5-10 pre-recorded questions, some of which were very short, while others were longer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe your most recent data science project. What was it about? What data sets did you use? What conclusions did you draw?   Answer Question

IT Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

HR recruiters do not inform you of progress along the way in their interview process. When you try to reach out to your recruiter, you get no response. Then when asking about salary requirements to better understand if you are qualified, there is no response.

After setting up an interview, they change it the day of from phone to in person, never taking into account you actually may be working. Had to submit a writing sample, and waited....no response from recruiter to confirm they received my writing sample. Received the standard email response, you were not selected to go forward.