Allstate Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was slow. I had 2 phone interviews and one on-site interview. An hour long behavioral and half technical. The environment is friendly. I thought the interview went well but I was called by a recruiter 4 days after the interview, saying that they move forward without me.

Interview Questions

• general object-oriented programming concepts and SQL questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. I was told to implement a very simple java data structure using only primitive types and arrays. It was a very direct approach and the environment of the office during the interview process was very inviting and easygoing.

Interview Questions

• Use test driven development to solve my problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was mostly behaviorial with the interviewer asking me about my pet projects. He then asked me some related questions on OOP concepts in C.

Interview Questions

• in an array with 10, 22, 13 . output 10, 32, 45,   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Written online test 30 questions 30 min
    few on concepts and all others were Piece of code and output. All are optional questions

Interview Questions

• Easy for people who can say output looking at the piece of code!!!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online through the Careers website. Had an initial phone interview - basic HR type for 20-30mins. Then was called for a 1:1interview. Interview went well, most of the questions were from my resume and previous experience.

But they were not willing to sponsor my H1 which was a complete waste of time. They could have told that during the phone interview itself :(

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult problem or task in your current job and what was it?   Answer Question