American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Responded to posting: phone screen, video questioning session, face-to-face interview with behavioral questions, a conference call interview with a problem to resolve and behavioral questions. Professional and well run meetings; very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when working with a difficult person, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

American Heart Association Response

Nov 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We incorporate behavioral based questions in our interview process to know if you the candidates are going to be a right fit for the AHA. - The AHA Glassdoor Team

Community Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

My interview was 16 years ago and I know that the hiring process has changed. Someone from "Talent called me and there was a 20-30 minute phone interview. Then I was scheduled for a face to face interview where the resume was reviewed and general questions were asked. The final phase was an extensive hour long SIDS interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience align with the position you are applying for?   1 Answer

Community Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The entire team took the tine to meet with me which I really appreciated. It’s important to know who you will work with. The process was very lengthy and included a phone interview before in person interview.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Typical

Negotiation

Not willing to negotiate - I reuqested additional PTO time. Not an option

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Found and applied online - I was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins with an HR rep, a very nice person. Questions were typical, and mostly general. She just wanted to know what sort of experience I had from previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• They were the usual - "tell me about yourself", and "why do you want to work here", etc.   Answer Question

National Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly challenging, but I appreciate the organization's commitment to hiring qualified individuals. The process was as follows:
    1) Video interview. The AHA sent a link to complete an online, video recorded interview. This was the most stressful part of the entire process for me. You're given 20-40 seconds to read a question before the recording portion begins. Once your timer starts, you have a set number of minutes you can use to answer the question(s) asked. I believe there were 8-10 in total, and they were not your typical "initial interview/phone screen" questions. They dove deep into my experience, my past project management skills, they asked for specific examples of past work completed, etc. You cannot go back and watch your recordings, but if you feel you did poorly, they give you the chance to do the entire interview again. You, however, may not go back to specific questions and re-record those individually. The entire interview has to be completed again.
    2) Phone interview with my hiring manger. This was very similar to a one-on-one in-person interview, just done over the phone.\
    3) In-Person panel interview. Four AHA staff members were in the room, and it was a round robin discussion.
    4) Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you prioritize tasks when you have multiple projects due in a short amount of time. What steps did you take to ensure everything was completed? How do did you plan schedules around it? Give examples from your previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I was refereed by professor.Easy questions and very friendly. Accepted the offer. The overall experience was pleasant. It was a group interview. It lasted almost an hour. I did accept the internship opportunity.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. Had a thirty+ minute interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very straightforward and conversational. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions, for example - Give an example of how you handled an ethical conflict in the past and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This internship was unpaid; it was a requirement of my graduate program.

Application

Interview

I didn't initially have a phone interview. They had me come in a couple days after I submitted my application. I was interviewed by two of the coordinators for that department. They were super nice and easy to talk to. Cracking jokes now and then. They asked me about my background and what I wanted to do in the near future. They wanted to know what I wanted to get out of the internship and what I had to offer. It was pretty standard.

Though I didnt get the internship position for them, they were kind enough to refer me to one of their colleagues that was also interviewing folks to intern for her too. When the interviewer (my boss now) called, we talked about my background and went through standard questions to follow up what I had previously mentioned in the other interview. I started immediately after.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff. Just go over your resume thoroughly and know what you want to do.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Tucson, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process for the American Heart Association intern program was in depth and values based. I fell in love with the company and the cause. Everyone in the Tucson office was so welcoming and displayed their connection to the fight against cardiovascular disease and stroke. The interview included three directors interviewing myself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Depending the person that will give you the internship, they ask you different questions. For example, if the Events Specialist is interviewing you he/she may be focused your personality, and match ways you can contribute to the AHA. It really depends on the person that is interviewing you. There may be the driver personality type that is only focused on results and there are certainly those that exist in the AHA.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have faced in your previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. The person that worked there was just very focused and knew what they were doing.