American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Responded to posting: phone screen, video questioning session, face-to-face interview with behavioral questions, a conference call interview with a problem to resolve and behavioral questions. Professional and well run meetings; very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when working with a difficult person, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I received a call from HR who then made an appointment for me to meet with my now direct supervisor. In about a week, I then met with the team I now work with for a second interview. I received a phone call from HR around a few days and was offered the position based on a background check. I filled out the paperwork to have the background check done and was hired. The entire process took about a month from start to finish. It shows me that they really care about who they hire and if they are the right fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• My experiences and how they would play a role in my current position.   Answer Question

Youth Market Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Quick, standard interview questions, everything was sent to me via email for 1st video interview. Then I got a call for an over he phone interview. And then was later called for an in person interview and it all happened within 2 weeks.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Online application followed by one way video interview which consisted of screening questions that would normally be asked in a phone screening. Followed up two weeks later to ask where they were in the process. Shortly after, received an invitation for an in person interview. The hiring manager was very direct and stated during the interview that the position included additional responsibilities not included in the job description. It was clear that due to budgetary constraints, the hiring manager was combining multiple positions under the title Executive Assistant. They reviewed my resume and began asking questions about professional experience on my resume that I felt would typically be unrelated to such a position. They were candid about their needs, offered no information about what AHA would offer a new employee. They left very little time for any questions I might have and let me know they had limited time. Additionally, they mentioned a few personal frustrations they had concerning the company. I thought that was unprofessional. It ended abruptly and I was told they would be making a decision quickly. This was a very long process for a misrepresented position. This is very disrespectful to job applicants.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job is about?   1 Answer

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

A few weeks after applying for the job I received an email from HR. The email said "it was a pleasure speaking to you on the phone today..." followed by instructions on how to do the video/online interview. I was never phoned by HR. So I found this confusing and it took me several days to get in touch with her to figure out what was going on. She apologized for never actually calling me and just sending the email and asked me to move forward with the online video interview. After completing that I was contacted for a phone interview with her which I completed. Then she asked me to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that was completed she called me and said that they thought I was a "rock star" and wanted to move forward with the final in person interview with a panel of people. She said they were "so confident with wanting to hire me that they wanted me to do an online personality assessment and complete a more detailed application to include references." This online assessment and the time it took for me to include many more details into my online application took me approximately 3 hours of time to complete. I then went in for my in person interview which went very well and took about two hours. I was told by both HR and the hiring panel that I would be notified the following week on moving forward. The following week I heard nothing. I reached out to HR once mid-week and left a vm asking where they were in the hiring process. She never returned my call. The next week I reached out again and left ANOTHER vm for. She did not return my call. Since I was holding off on making some future plans and commitments because I had been given a very strong indication from HR that they would be making me an offer... I tried calling a third time using a blocked caller ID. MY HR recruiter picked up the phone on the second ring and once I identified myself she acted like she had no idea who I was. After she did realize who I was, she said the position has been filled and she sent me an email that I did not receive the position. After triple checking my email, I will verify, that I NEVER received an email from HR or anyone else at the AHA telling me I did not get the position. I am very dissatisfied with the interview process since I took over 10 hours of my personal time to complete all the different interviews and steps. Was led to believe on several occasions from HR that I would be offered the job. And then, no one had the consideration to even call me to tell me that I did not get the position or give me any explanation or reason why. I feel like when someone goes this far in the interview process and it is only down to a few people, AHA should at least have the consideration to call that person... not claim they sent and email which was never sent. The job search process can be very stressful and being in the dark for 2 weeks after my final interview left me with many sleepless nights followed by much frustration when HR would not even return my phone calls.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were example based of past professional experiences. Very standard.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Remote location recruiter contacts prospects by e-mail . A first phone interview is scheduled, which was honored and on time. After this, a second phone interview was to happen, however, it was never communicated or followed through. Closure is always nice

Interview Questions

• Describe your current job and are your responsibilities. Conversation was very fluid, not your typical canned interview, which was refreshing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth, transparent, quick, and efficient process. 4 steps...1)phone interview with HR rep from diff location 2) phone interview with direct supervisor 3) in person interview with direct supervisor 4) in person interview with direct supervisor, SR VP, and top team member. Process was completed within 2 weeks following first phone interview due to desire to hire immediately for right candidate.

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Valdosta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called for a screening interview, then completed a video interview, and then completed an in-person interview. The video interview required web camera capability and a software download. Additionally, the date of the face to face was rescheduled for staff convenience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a challenging work situation.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a standard interview. I applied online and was invited to submit a video interview. The video interview consisted of five questions where I had 2-3 minutes to provide a response. I was then invited for an in person interview with one of the directors. Questions asked included about my past professional experiences and responsibilities and how they relate to the current job posting responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the company? What conflict have you dealt with at work and how did you overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

Administatve Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume. Received call from corporate headquarters (not in the state I would be working). Told resume looked great but needed to do a one-way video interview. Extremely impersonal. Rather surprised that they narrowed the field this way. Quite a bit of a job is if you mesh with the team. Not interviewing with the team was a disappointment. Most skills can be taught - but if your personality is not a fit all the skills in the world will not help. Have not heard back so not expecting it to more forward.