American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, then I was called in for an in-person interview. After that, i had an additional phone interview with some of the people I would be supporting. After all those steps, i completed a skills test (Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Outlook) prior to the offer being made. Note- HR called with the offer, not the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem with others you worked with.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Very professional process. Streamlined so you know what the next step is going forward. Detailed description of the position and what is expected from the candidate for the role. A good experience from beginning of interview process to position offer and acceptance.

Interview Questions

• How my background and current experience would benefit the company; Why I would like to work with the AHA;   Answer Question

American Heart Association Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for submitting your review. Glad you enjoyed interviewing with us and decided to join us at the American Heart Association. Welcome to the AHA family! We are so excited to have you! - The ... More

Youth Market Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was long and it was a three part interview that included a field ride. One part of the interview was on video, another part was over the phone, the last part consisted of a field ride with a fellow director. My boss resided in another state, so I think the interview process was a bit different for me. great interview process

Interview Questions

• Would you rather ask for permission or forgiveness?   1 Answer

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Completed and submitted an application online, received a phone call from HR, completed and submitted a video interview. Not a lengthly process as others describe since it was cut short from HR. The ground level has absolutely no say so in the hiring process. Candidates are selected from corporate and then presented to the field managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your direct fundraising experience? Describe the number of people, coordination of the event, and results.   1 Answer

Fundraising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then two face to face. One with hiring manager and one with hiring manager, ed and SVP. Usual interview. No unexpected questions - "tell me a time when..." format

Sales/Fundraising HeartChase Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2017.

Interview

I applied shortly before Christmas 2016 and was contacted the first week of 2017 to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and questions regarding sales performance during previous positions were the main thrust. The person that I spoke then said that they would forward my information to the local manager for their review and that they would be in contact with me to set up a second, in-person interview. That was the first part of January. It's now been over a month with no word from the initial phone interviewer, or the local manager. I understand that hiring managers and HR personnel are inundated with questions, but to not contact a potential employee at all is downright unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked to increase your sales numbers at your current employer?   Answer Question

Field Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Robbinsville, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was done via recorded video questions with a follow up in person interview at the American Heart Association office. Interview was with two people one of whom would be the direct manager for the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard administrative type of questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel the need to negotiate.

American Heart Association Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for submitting your review. Glad that you got an offer and decided to join us at the American Heart Association. Welcome to the AHA! We are so excited to have you here. - The AHA Glassdoor ... More

Public Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty basic, they asked me to walk them through my resume, followed by more questions. They had to explain the job for about 15 minutes, which ended up being quite different than the actual posting. It was more of a sales job. They forwarded me other job options afterwards so I had a feeling I wouldn't be offered the job.

Youth Market Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR Manager sent me a link to complete a video interview. I was asked 6 questions and asked to record a response. I was not given the questions ahead of time or any indication of what would be asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with American Heart Association   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was to record a video online of myself answering preliminary questions. The only issue was that you were not able to review the video after it had been recorded.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you believe an administrative position is.   Answer Question