American Income Life Insurance/Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Insurance/Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at American Income Life

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Londonderry, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Londonderry, NH) in October 2018.

Interview

Quick interview first day then a short presentation after with other applicants. I was asked to go back for another interview. I got offered a postition then went back another day to take a practice test. I have to now study to become licensed to sell insurance in Ma and Nh.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy nothing you need to sit there and think about too much.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Extremely suspect company. They claim to have found my resume on Monster.com, and were very cagey about the job description. Showed up to find out it was for a commission based job that I'd have to put hundreds of dollars into for 'training'

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Income Life (Charlotte, NC) in November 2018.

Interview

You walk in, you fill out an info sheet. One of the agents interviews you. They decide if you go to the group presentation. They inform you of the company and how the job works and then they give you a survey about your experience and they give you a call the same night letting you know if you go to the next interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Ontario, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

You get an email or call, typically from another agent who wants bonus off your bonus and wants to be promoted to management. I got an email. The woman never told me anything about the company and refused to give me the name of the company. I went to the interview which is really an orientation. if you want the job and have a clean background and $1000 to spend, you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a background check?   1 Answer
    • Do you have the money $270 to pay for your insurance class and test, fingerprinting, and license?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Milford, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

They sell you the job and tell you how much money you can make. But they hire weekly and your and independent contractor so minus taxes from income. Also long hours are told later. Bait and switch plus this is clearly a pyramid scheme.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Greensboro, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

They reached out to me via phone to invite me to interview. The lady couldn't really give me a clear description of the position. She kept saying "coordinator" and "team leader," so I thought it was an in office job. She never told me the position. I arrived and there were about 10 people being interviewed. We were taken back one by one for a quick interview, then we sat in a conference room. They gave an hour long presentation on the company and the pay schedule. They were never clear about the fact that I would have to become an insurance agent and give presentations to try and get people to buy life insurance until about halfway through the presentation. I was disappointed to drive 45 minutes and have to sit through it.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you?   Answer Question
    • We are about spirit here. We aren't necessarily really religious. How important is spirit to you? (I think he was trying to ask about company culture but this question was very confusing. I don't remember the exact wording but it made it sound like he was contradicting himself)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

It's a three-step interview process. it's based on a 100% commission with no fallback, or base wage, un-salaried. First, they have a one on one interview with you to see if your a candidate, then they bring you to a presentation room, with a room full of other applicants, to try to sell you this job and tell you about the history and whatnot. Finally, if you're what they are looking for, they will call you to set up a final interview, with the person you would be replacing. I was offered the job. Since it was based solely on your commission, without any fallback and if felt very much like a scam, so I declined the offer.
    They also give you a written and circle the answer personality quiz.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Austin, TX).

Interview

The first interview was essentially just me sat in a room with about 10 other candidates while being presented an overview about the company and the sort of expectations of an insurance agent or "benefits specialist". They have you bring your resume to submit and also have you fill out an application there before you leave that basically has the same info as your resume and then a personality assessment. Later that day I received a follow-up phone call for a second interview, which I had the next day. In the last interview, the hiring manager went over in more detail what the training would be like, and the testing required to get the licensing to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter saying that they reviewed my resume on Monster and would like to invite me to an interview based on my qualifications. When I arrived at the interview there were several other people in the room. I was handed a packet with a list of interview questions to answer. The interviewer came in the room and didn’t interview anyone but gave a presentation. The presentation was basically trying to convince you that their company was legitimate and then a lot of time spent on how much money you can make. At the end of the presentation another sheet was handed out with 6 questions. The final question was to answer "Yes/No” if you are interested in this position. I went ahead and circled “yes”. I received a call later in the day saying “congratulations, you were one of 3 candidates we selected to come back for a second interview.” (I was probably one of 3 candidates who circled yes). I returned the next day for a second interview. I was handed a sheet with 3 questions. 1. Did you talk to your support system? 2. What questions do you have? 3. Can you pay $79.95 for your insurance exam?
    I listed several questions. Is this a commission only position? Are there benefits? What hours are expected? Is there travel?
    The interviewer took me to his office and began the interview by saying, "I’m not here to ask you any questions. I’ve seen it all and heard it all. What questions do you have for me?”
    Really? you’re not going to ask me one question about me? If I’m a good fit for the position or the company? You don’t want to know about me? That was strange to me.
    The interviewer proceeded to say, “Frankly, some of your questions on this sheet concern me.”
    Again, really? Those are questions anyone would ask about a potential job.
    They were ready to offer my the job but as I asked questions, here is what I found out. It is a commission only job. You are a 1099 contractor. Yet you are expected to work 6 days a week from 11am-9pm, M-Sat. 60 hours a week! And yes there is travel. I would be expected to drive up to an hour away on my own dime. There are no mileage reimbursements. With all that traveling I am expected to have 8 appointments per day set up. Commission is 50% of each sale and my target is to make $2400 a week in sales.
    So let’s say I am hitting my target each and every week for 52 weeks. That is 60 hours a week with only 1 day a week off to spend with family. That is roughly $62,000 a year. After self employment taxes and expenses, I am making around $50,000 a year. So I am supposed to bust my tail 60 hours a week each and every week I am never missing my target (which doesn’t happen because every salesperson sometimes misses their target). Talk about burnout.
    I suspect that what they are wanting is just a bunch of warm bodies and worker bees who will go out in the field and sign people up for insurance. If they burnout after a couple months, that is fine by them. They’ll just get some more recruits to do all the dirty work while upper management makes commission off of their sales. They tell you are are interviewing for a leadership/management position. That is bogus. You are not leading or managing anything. You are 1099 contractor who is expendable. They throw out huge numbers enticing recruits who think they will make $100,000 a year. There are no benefits. This interview was unimpressive. They didn’t talk about what a great product they have for the market. All they talked about was how much money you can make. Lots of red flags when the people there just want to make money and could care less about the product they sell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Trenton, NJ).

Interview

I had a brief phone screening prior to coming in for the interview. There was then an individual screening with a manager and a personality test. The day concluded with a group presentation. I was ultimately turned off by reviews and the presentation as the company seemed too cult-like and I was worried about a scam.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my competitiveness and desire for a good lifestyle.   Answer Question