American Income Life Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,654 of over 1.7K interviews

Other15%
1.8
HardAverageEasy

American Income Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life

Interview

Basically non existent. Asked a few questions and then had me go to a seminar where they bragged about the company. Went on to being trained and that barely got me prepared for the actual job. I had n idea what I was doing. Ended up being straight sales for all commission.

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about the job?
    Answer Question

American Income Life

Application

I interviewed at American Income Life

Interview

It was very pleasant, however I have never been to a job interview where they are selling the job so hard. They kept a lot of key stuff in the dark and expected you to do much more research about the job (not always a bad thing but this was just a bit shady). I ended up declining the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornwall on Hudson, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Cornwall on Hudson, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

Completely swindled and coaxed me into thinking this position is a life changer. First sign of a pyramid scheme. You have to pay money to even start with the training. 100% commission so you can make money if you’re driven and good at sales but at the end of the day don’t buy into it if you care about working at company that actually values your talents and has your back. If they did, there would be a minimum salary and benefits and protection when clients decide to cancel their insurance packages.

Interview Questions
  • Oh this isn’t going to be formal, I just want to get a read on your personality to see if you can really sell.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at American Income Life (Portland, OR)

Interview

We met on a zoom call and I answered questions they had regarding the company and my skills ability and they answered questions and concerns I had regarding the company and how everything worked especially regarding being a performance based company.

Interview Questions
  • Am I committed to putting effort in on my own part? Am I okay with profit being performance-based?

American Income Life

Application

I interviewed at American Income Life

Interview

The first interview was a mass one, describing the job more in detail. The one-on-one interview was very personal and honest. It lasted 2 hours. I got to know my boss better and was able to make connections with him. The job is commission based, no base salary.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Income Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life

Interview

Very sketchy and high pressure techniques taught to sell people. 100% commission creates such high pressure and terrible sale experiences. Did further digging to find lot of terrible reviews of the company. You will be working as the person that people complain about. Not a good look or fit for anyone.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Income Life (State College, PA)

Interview

Would not discuss salary over the phone. I drove 16 hours and 400 miles round trip to find that the recruiter role was for $10/hr with no bonus and no relocation assistance. The questions were straightforward and the interview was quick and easy.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

American Income Life

Application

I interviewed at American Income Life

Interview

First it was automated emails, then after showing up to the "overview" it was over 60 people where they didn't go over anything important. Seems like pyramid scheme type of situation possibly?

Interview Questions
  • About personality and communication skills.
2 people found this interview helpful

American Income Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life

Interview

Applied to another posting on job board that didn't mention AIL directly. The interview process involves them talking about the position and explaining the job before actually interviewing you. It's not for everyone and the job will involve selling insurance to friends and family. They talk a lot about the potential income you can make and try to sell you on the job before going through the interview process. Some people will be very successful but their approach is not the most straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time that you failed and what you learned from it.

American Income Life

Application

I interviewed at American Income Life

Interview

Make it seem like your qualifications are a priority and they do motivate you to get your license the energy is great. However, when I was explained there is paid training. Their training really isn't paid because they technically trick you by getting you to memorize a 6 page script verbatim before you actually can get your hands dirty. I feel that this part is really unnecessary. Has anyone heard of practice made perfect. Nothing more unthical then memorizing a script that I feel won't apply to every oppertunity. This is just setting me up for failure and putting blockers in my mind to where you will feel that if you skip a step things wont succeed. I want to learn to be flexible and bullet proof. Not a step by step process in the script that you say only works if you know these words. I want to do the real thing. Plus training was explained that it is paid - not true it's paid when you start which they won't tell you to start until you know their script verbatim.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have your license? Previous experience in sales or customer service?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,654 Interviews