American Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

1.8

Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (South Portland, ME).

Interview

Sat down with manager for 5 minutes to "briefly" review resume and let him determine if my personality suited the environment and then moved on to the second group "interview". This was actually an overview of agency and products being sold. There was discussion about potential income to be made. Filled out a 4 page personality questionnaire and was told we would hear back that evening if we would be called in for a final interview. Received a call back for a final interview the next day which basically was an offer for the job. During this meeting the training schedule (unpaid) was discussed as well as confirmation of no benefits provided through the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you discussed this opportunity with your significant other?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Omaha, NE).

Interview

They ask you questions that have nothing to do with selling insurance and make you go through rounds of interviews jut to make you feel like they are selective. They will take about anyone. They hesitate calling you make to make you feel like you didn't get the job, and then call back and say they were so busy. They try to sell the job during the interview process and try to lie about how much money you can make.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Income Life (Earth City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a lady telling me "Our hiring manager reviewed your resume and wanted to know when you could come in for an interview." I had to ask her what company she was with, what they sold/provided, and what the position was. She said the company was "American Income" and the position was "Benefits Representative". Then she asked if I could come in for an interview at 10am the next day.
    I asked what the duties of the "Benefits Representative" were. She said "Answer questions from union employees and make sure all paperwork is filled out and completed." I asked "That's all?" and she replied "Yep, that's it!" and I agreed to come in. She ended the conversation with "Now, make sure you come dressed 'business professional,' so no jeans or tennis shoes," which seemed pretty condescending. Of course you're going to wear a suit to a job interview.

Do they get a lot of people interviewing in jeans and tennis shoes???

Apparently so...I walked into a lobby full of diverse-looking people and thought "I'm the most professionally-dressed person in the room." The receptionist took my resume and references, then had me fill out a form. All of the information asked for on the form was ON MY RESUME. I hate having to fill out redundant paperwork. Why create a resume if they're not going to use it?

I was taken into a nondescript office by an individual who said his position was "Benefits Director" and he said that was the position I'd be interviewing for. I felt like I'd been moved up in importance from "representative" to "director"! In the TWO MINUTE INTERVIEW, he asked why I'd left my former job. Then, upon hearing my answer, decided right there that I was AIL material and ushered me into the meeting room...with twenty other people. ***By the way, I asked where their hiring manager had found my resume and he said he had no idea.***

An important-looking individual gave a stellar presentation. I asked the lady next to me what she was interviewing for and she said "Benefits Director/Representative" as well. Soon we found out that it was LIFE INSURANCE SALES. As soon as I realized this, I wanted to walk out. It was clear they'd gotten us there under FALSE PRETENSES and that their intent was to DUPE AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE in the hopes that a few would be dumb enough to accept an offer.

We filled out tons of paperwork and questionnaires, ending in a short 6-question summary, number 6 being "If offered a position, would you accept?" I decided to say "yes" to see what came next. The individual tried to call me around 6pm that night, but I didn't answer, having thought what a complete waste of time he had represented. I was tempted to call him back and let him know I figured out their FRAUDULENT and UNETHICAL method to dupe job seekers into coming in to interview for one job, only to find out it was something else completely. But I didn't want to waste any more of my time.

Do NOT fall for their tactics. They are looking for WARM BODIES with NO ETHICS to peddle their product to union members.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job.   1 Answer
    • Personality Questionnaire   1 Answer

Customer Service Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got an e-mail to set up an interview. I arrived and it was a room cool of other candidates with the same interview time as me. They took each person and had a briefing while seating each person into the next room. Instead of an actual interview, (which we were all under the impression we were getting an actual interview) there was about a 2 hour introduction to the company, with a few speakers from the agency selling the company as the perfect place to work. Most commercial and misleading experience ever. Instead of going over what the actual job would even consist of, they did nothing but go over "earning potential", company perks, and have a corny presentation trying to sell this insurance company as a dream. They didn't actually interview anyone. Completely wasted my morning.

Interview Questions

• Went around the room and asked everyone to introduce themselves to the crowd and why we'd make a good asset to the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Londonderry, NH

Application

I interviewed at American Income Life (Londonderry, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

So if you have read other negative reviews about this "customer service" position, they are right and you should just cancel your interview unless you are looking for a sales position. There were multiple people waiting to be interviewed, and I was only asked three questions when I was called into mine after a couple minutes of waiting. After the "interview," she asked if I had time for a 45 minute group presentation, and I asked if this was a customer service job, to which she said yes, and then I asked if there was commission, where she also said yes. At this point I knew that everyone's reviews were right. There would have been multiple questionnaires, including a personality test, and $300 training. So I left after 8 minutes.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Londonderry, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Londonderry, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

Group interview indicative of a flyby night operation or high turnover workforce. Started with one guy who had no idea that I was called by his company. He didn't have any information on me what so ever and was lost. Finally I moved into the group interview stage. Filled out a psyche questionnaire and noticed the room was filled with everything from young professionals to intoxicated bar maids. Started listening to the presentation. During which I received a text from my current commander (I am still military). Pulled my phone out to read the text. The little manager person who felt I wasn't paying attention asked his manager to "deal with me". I was pulled into the hall as the inquiry was made as to what I was doing. I explained I am still Military and because of the level of my current profession I must acknowledge a message from a Commander when it could be a National Defense Issue. The manager then said...."so, that can't wait?". I said no. It is a defense issue. After which he asked if I wanted to continue through thr interview process. I told him I think I have all I need. Then reviewed the salary data on the company and realized that my future retirement check is larger than what their head agent is getting paid.

A couple of key red flags. Aside from the interview process itself. The office only has two or three desks permanent the rest show signs of temp workers or high turnover. The management style leads me to believe that they treat their people poorly, at least in that office.

Interview Questions

• How did I learn of the opportunity?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a resume?   1 Answer
    • Well, since I don't have any of your information can you tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Arlington, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was group interview, about 15 people, sold the job like it was a perfect place to work. Once I researched online what the company did, it was made apparent that its basically door to door sales, and commission based.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a license to sell insurance?   1 Answer

Benefits Enroller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

I got an email from a Taylor Benton saying that "Tayler and Partners" wanted me for an interview. Noticing I could not find the company AT ALL on google or LinkedIn (RED FLAG!), I thought I was being scammed. Then I looked up the ailife domain of the lady who emailed me, and here I am. I see others have been lied to about the company as well. DON'T APPLY HERE - ANY COMPANY THAT LIES LIKE THAT ISN'T ONE YOU WANT TO WORK FOR!!!

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Houston, TX).

Interview

just an education about the company a power point presentation in the bad part of town that also kind of put me off about the situation. Different levels of management spoke which seemed interesting but as they spoke their substance lack which helps to separate strong companies and weak ones. Gave of impression as if they were trying to connect with the workers instead of presenting the job which threw about the job. In a group setting it lacks a sense of being genuine

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just explained the process   1 Answer

Entry Level Manager Interview

Interview

4 to 5 step, DOE
    Phone screening, followed by personal interview, then group interview which shares Business Plan, then you MAY be invited back. 4th interview reviews training, licensing , and compensation.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to AVOID?
      Any management experience? Describe...
      What do you bring to the table?
      Answer Question