American Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Income Life

1,470 Interview Reviews

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (State College, PA).

Interview

First of all, they disguised their company name when i first applied. I was told this was a marketing role for a company with a salary in the 80,000-100,000 range. This sounded too good to be true but I still went to my interview as planned.

It was on zoom because of COVID-19 but it was clear from the start that this was NOT the company I applied for. They advertised a 100% commission insurance sales role and how much money we could make doing this. Clearly a scam, I left after about 10 minutes.

These insurance companies will constantly bate and switch you. Always research the company name they give you before wasting your time. I can’t believe insurance agencies get away with this false advertising and wasting of our time.

Interview Questions

• None. Just lectured me about how successful they were and how that could be me.   3 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

After applying you get emailed for a zoom interview which is actually just a powerpoint presentation. The dude was cool seemed nice and fun. Lasted over an hour. He described the company and what people do. I was fishy on the company and wasn't sure if there was a base hourly pay. After the zoom presentation they lead you to an online qustionaire (very basic) about why you want to work for them. They then contact you for a second actual interview with a different person/manager "if you made the next cut"...I'm sure a majority if not all of applicants do but they make it seem like a big deal if you do. This already made them seem disingenuous and compensating for something . Now during the actual interview which took place on zoom as well, there was a man who just seemed untrustworthy. Frat bro like manipulative personality. Only seemed to care if you became the next employee to get him money or not otherwise he was too busy to bother with you. He was pushy and talked to you as if he's selling YOU something. I'm the applicant not your client you shouldn't have to sell me the job if it's so good... relax. It came off as very condescending and annoying and most of all disingenuous . Treat your applicants like people, not like prey you're trying to manipulate your way into pouncing on for your gain. They require a license to sell life insurance for them and they don't reimburse you. That's several hundred dollars out of your pocket, for a job with no hourly pay on pure commission...during a pandemic when people are unemployed . When my schooling and lack of funds became an issue I was told to text them when I have money to get my license and he didn't seem to care and wanted to rush on to something else. He was not good at rapport building, something necessary in sales. The company itself seems cool, life insurance is necessary for most adults and I'm sure there's a lot of cool people who work for the company. I like that they seem to give you leads because they're contracted to multiple unions and you go off their employees with their union bosses/reps approval. However they need to work on the interview process and give an hourly wage which they won't . I'm good lol won't bother to get my license because I don't want to work for shady jerks. I was tempted to end the interview once I heard that it's pure commission. The lack of base pay should be clear and presented up front so not to try to reel people in and waste their time. Typical shady sales tactics that give the industry a bad image. I'd only reccomend applying if you want to have a career in life insurance and don't bother dealing with all the bs I described.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Full Time Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

First you get invited to a group interview in which they introduce the company,culture, what they do, salary, training, etc . After that they will schedule an 1 on 1 interview with you.

Interview Questions

• Why us, why you, what difficulties did you overcome before   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Jose, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

First of all... Ziprecruiter made it seem like I was applying for a position as a recruiter but no information on this company at all. I felt blindsided to find out that It was for a life insurance agency, where I have no interest working for. I got an email to Join them for an interview to "meet" the company via zoom. It ended up being a webinar where you didnt "meet" them it was more like a presentation. After the hour long presentation they took you to a questionare to answer basic questions about why you want to pursue the role and how you would fit in their company.

During the presentation, it didnt say there was a base salary but you can make up to this much etc. I looked on glassdoor and didnt even bother doing the zoom one on one interview becasuet their were so many people on here that said it was commission only. Plus you have to pay to get a life insurance certification which is a couple hundred dollars. I felt as if someone was trying to sell me something rather than me trying to show I have what it takes. Just a complete waste of time during COVID when I could be looking for a job with an actual salary that is accurate to what they are going to pay you .

Customers Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Dallas, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Its pre-recorded. And they have heavily edited video montage before the speakers. I thought for the longest that it wasn't, and then I spoke and got no response, which was upsetting because I spent a good amount of time preparing.

Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Diego, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

They contact you randomly and then you attend a zoom presentation. In the presentation they tell you a little about the company and different positions and then ask you to fill out a survey. They review the survey and if you are selected for an interview the HR department will contact you.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Denver, CO) in June 2020.

Interview

1. Applied online through ZipRecruiter. Received email the same or the next day for an interview . Scheduled interview for next day.
    2. Arrived at interview at which there were tons of other interviewees to the point that people were sitting outside. Signed in and waited for about 5 min. One lady walked me to her office, gave a rundown of the company and asked me 1 question. Then invited me to a group session that day (immediately following).
    3. Filled out questionnaire before and during group session. Group session had at least half the number of people who were in the waiting room. One man gave a description of our job but spoke so fast that I barely understood.
    4. Had another oe-on-one session with another hiring manager after group session. He reviewed my question and answered my many questions. Asked me 2 questions.
    5. Received a phone call from regional manager that evening and setup second interview for following Monday.
    6. Second interview was information about pay, schedule, and training. Asked 1 question. Got the job and scheduled time to begin training.

Interview Questions

• What do you want?   1 Answer
      ---
      What are your concerns about the position?   1 Answer
    • Why this?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life in June 2020.

Interview

Awesome concise and very informative the presenter was well prepared. He answered all pertinent questions as well as shared examples of the job and how you would be expected to complete your daily tasks

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Houston, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

First interview - just a presentation about the company and income
    Second interview - face to face through zoom interview with the manager. She was a nice lady from Hawaii and care about worker situation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Newark, NJ) in June 2020.

Interview

I was told it would be a one on one interview. Turned out to be a "web seminar."
     On top of this, they avoided telling me it was a commission-only gig. Luckily I checked glass door beforehand.

I did get a good laugh at Phil psyching himself up in front of his audience. I guess he did not know he was connected... Haha

Anyway, the company screams scam and wasted my time. What a joke...
    NA NA NA NA NA NA