Ameriprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process started with a screening phone call. After that there was an initial interview scheduled. Once that went well, there was another interview scheduled with someone else. After that there were screening tests before moving on to the final phase.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

See interview questions. 1). What motivates you to do your best work?

2). Give me an example of the last time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done.

3). What do you find most frustrating at work?

4). How do you define doing a good job?

5). Under what conditions do you work best?

6). What is your greatest strength?

7). Tell me about a work task you enjoy.

8). Tell me what "success" means to you.

9). Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?

10). Tell me about a work situation you had that required excellent communication skills.

11). How would you grade your ability to communicate?

12). Tell me about a change which occurred in one of your previous work environments and how you handled it?

13). Tell me about a time when a work emergency caused you to have to reprioritze.

14). What is the most difficult work situation you have faced?

15). What do you do when you have a great deal of work to accomplish in a short period of time?

16). What are your 5-year goals?

17). Do you have a financial plan?

18). How did you help your previous advisor achieve her goals?

Interview Questions

• 1). What motivates you to do your best work?

3). What do you find most frustrating at work?

4). How do you define doing a good job?

5). Under what conditions do you work best?

6). What is your greatest strength?

7). Tell me about a work task you enjoy.

8). Tell me what "success" means to you.

9). Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?

11). How would you grade your ability to communicate?

13). Tell me about a time when a work emergency caused you to have to re-prioritze.

14). What is the most difficult work situation you have faced?

16). What are your 5-year goals?

17). Do you have a financial plan?

18). How did you help your previous advisor achieve his/her goals?
      1 Answer

New AAG Advisor Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Century City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviews were informative and very casual. I learned a wealth of information from each of the three interviews. I am thankful for the information that was explained and provided. It was an initial phone interview, followed by a face-face, and concluded with a final phone interview. I enjoyed all three interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be a Financial Advisor with Ameriprise?
      Why do most businesses fail in the first six months?
      How would your current and past skills contribute to your success in this role?
      1 Answer

Interview

Campus fair followed by two rounds of interview, one over the phone, the other at their corporate headquarters. Overall behavioral questions, nothing unexpected; there was also one excel based technical question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

A brief phone interview followed by a 5 hour in person company day with 2 half hour interviews. Also went on a tour of their headquarters. Multiple candidates were there throughout the day.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

Interview

My recruiter Shawna was great! She communicated every step of the way. When she called to let me know I didn't get the role, she even provided me with feedback on the areas I could improve upon.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult to get along with.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. We scheduled a brief phone screening, and then I was brought in for an in-person interview. My only complaint was that I was told I was meeting with one person, when in fact I was meeting with three. There was also a writing exam portion that I was not informed of in advance, but it was fairly straightforward. I didn't end up getting the job, but the recruiter called to tell me I "couldn't have done anything differently," they just went with someone with a financial background instead...can't blame them. Overall, an incredibly positive experience and I liked every Ameriprise employee I met.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle change? Give an example of a time you had to handle a last-minute change.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being in a supporting role?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiting agency. Met with the manager and 3 other developers on the team. It was mainly coding questions then I asked about their processes, team size, and culture.

Interview Questions

• General html/css markup questions. A few Javascript fundamental questions such as == vs ===, scoping, hoisting, arrays/strings manipulations. Nothing too complicated that you can't solve in a few minutes.   1 Answer

Paraplanner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Pretty odd. Asked questions that seemed to be taken out of a "How to Interview Someone for Jobs" book. They spoke of the position as if it was impossible. I'm not sure what they were looking for, but it must not be someone who is registered with experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• In the past, we've hired people with your work experience and they didn't work out. What makes you different?   1 Answer
    • We have meetings during the day, how can we know that you'll be on time?   1 Answer
    • What kind of books have you read to better yourself?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between a value stock and a growth stock?   1 Answer
    • We require you take a math test, is that okay?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Phone interview, call back for in-person. The phone interview was with an HR person who asked "get to know you" questions and also offered tips and advice for the in-person interview. Met with a team manager for the in-person interview. Basic behavioral questions followed by a mock telephone call in which the manager acted as an Ameriprise client.