Autodesk Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autodesk Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Autodesk

2.9

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autodesk (India, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

HR Screening for Job description and expectation, Manager Discussion for technical competency match, 2 Onsite interview with development engineers. technical manager will focus on basic of CAD and mathematical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Concentrate of OOPS, mostly work happens on C++ so brush up tricky question on virtual, exception, overloading. there could be some problem solving question on tree and sorting. Few question on casting and error handing. Software debugging techniques.   2 Answers

Negotiation

It depends on projects. I didn't do much discussion on salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Autodesk in September 2014.

Interview

Talked to the hiring manager, he was very rude on the phone, didn't let me finish my sentences and keep asking about the solution of his coding problem instead of letting me think about it. He told me at some point I couldn't sort the array because the numbers could be negative ( huh ???).

Interview Questions

• Find all couples that sums to a number in an integer array   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I received an email and they setup an interview by phone. By phone they asked me questions about my resume, projects I have worked on and C++ experience. It seems to be that they required a C++ developer and my background and projects I have mostly worked on were not C++ oriented.

Interview Questions

• Not really mostly about my resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

two rounds of phone interview. Talking about projects that have done before.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Very detailed with 5 people interviewing you.
    Sometimes you might have the same questions being repeated.
    Few Algorithmic and Data Structures related ones.
    Some about system internals.
    Mostly about what you have done so far and how you tackled various scenarios

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In my case there was no room for negotiation as it was in the range that I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

We are in a special division of Autodesk--a finite element simulation department bought by Autodesk. It requires high education level (mostly Ph.D.) in the relevant field. So the job interview is kind of informal. Basically we would ask about your experience. It is relatively easy to figure out if one is qualified. But other positions, such as GUI developers, do have to take some standard tests (e.g. C++).

Interview Questions

• In our field, no. If you are in the field, you are in. If you are close, you'll need some one to refer you, and most of time we (developers) will let you in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't really have a chance with the former employer, who was bought by Autodesk. I've heard other coworkers who was hired by Autodesk after our acquisition. They did not get any room for negotiation--maybe because the special situation that they were hired into our group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI).

Interview

Process took a few months.

Met with engineer at school career fair. Got a phone interview where we talked about some general object oriented programming practices (can you explain class inheritance?) and some C++ specifics (talk about memory management in C++).

After the phone interview, they had me come in to the Novi office. Throughout a very pleasant day, I spoke with several engineers and other people on the Inventor team. Each person talked with me about a specific area. One portion was an Object Oriented Design session where we made the outline for the classes we would use in a program and the interviewer added new features as we went on to test how robust my solutions were. Another interview focused on more nitty-gritty C++ trivia and usage (how are smart pointers implemented, why is ++i faster than i++). Another section was your standard data structure interview, but unlike interviews with Microsoft, Amazon, etc. the interviewer was very pleasant and didn't unnecessarily add pressure to the interview. Another portion dealt with group processes, how I've worked with groups, workflows I've experienced, etc. They paid for lunch and I got a chance to talk with a couple of team members and ask them some questions.

Overall, the experience was pleasant. The hiring manager ended up saying that the team held me in high regard, but business necessities pushed them to cut the funding they would have needed for my position.

Interview Questions

• Why can ++i be faster than i++?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autodesk in April 2015.

Interview

Asked about my resume, why joining the team, longest code I've written in a project, what language/tools did I use doing that project, operating systems and text editors that i've used . And then some simple C++ questions and data structures, plus XML and web protocols which I didn't know much about. I managed to get an in person interview next week.

Interview Questions

• difference between array and linked list, define oop   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. The phone interview asked some basic "about me" questions as well as asked for some basic computer science knowledge (what is a linked list, hash table, etc.). The onsite interview was half a day with different members of the team and covered more advanced topics, including explaining some design patterns and very specific problems to solve.

Interview Questions

• What was a class you struggled with in school and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Call, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Call, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Recruiter mailed me that SW team will be calling me and a week later a team member called. It was 30-35 mins discussion. Pretty much about my prior work experience and few tech questions around the same.