Autodesk Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Autodesk CEO Andrew Anagnost
Andrew Anagnost
  1. Featured Review

"Exactly what I was looking for in an IT company/role."

Current Employee - Premium Support Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Wonderful benefits across the board with a great culture. Rewarding work being around so many bright, motivated people doing a lot of cutting edge stuff.

Cons

On-boarding can be very, very overwhelming and takes several months. It is well documented but often lacks the human interaction with many teams all being in different locations, not in person.

Advice to Management

Overall, what a great place to work with an open, diverse work force that treats everyone like adults. Promotion and upward mobility is there but hard to sometimes understand.

Autodesk Response

January 22, 2019HR Leadership

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy working at Autodesk! Across the globe, we're making improvements to the employee onboarding process making it easier for new hires to integrate into #AutodeskLife. Thank you for all that you do to help make Autodesk a great ...

2. "Fantastic place to design"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Interesting, deeply complex work at a company with a mission to make a positive impact in the world. Once you start here, it is hard to leave to go somewhere with a less interesting mission. Talented, passionate co-workers. Lately, an emphasis on transparency has helped employees feel aligned and engaged in what it will take to achieve the mission.

Cons

If you are a woman with technical skills, you will be seriously outnumbered in almost every situation, especially the higher up you go in the company. The company has a ways to go to feel truly inclusive.

"They will have to fire me to get me to leave"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great work-life balance. Sabbatical every four years in the US. Rewarding company that makes an impact on the world. HR is making big changes towards some of the more complained about aspects. Everything is very thought through. Salaries are competitive but not crazy; if you factor in 'total compensation' like bonuses, stock options, sabbatical, and other benefits, its above par.

Cons

Global hours. Some complain about limited upward mobility. Positions and promotions are often driven by business needs vs. performance. Knowing this you have to keep an eye open for opportunities and pursuit them when they present themselves. Lots of re-orgs; can get political.

4. "It's up to you, if you're driven, smart and humble - work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Creative, Humble, Passionate and all-around decent people who do great work without ego. If you're hungry and eager to make a difference, read reviews, informationally meet with employees, understand the gaps and opportunities and come on board to make a difference. We need fresh perspectives with who can influence with an edge. In other words, ADSK employees smell BS from a mile away, but we also smell integrity, humility,...

Cons

Lack of Prioritization. No clear path as to how one can or when should challenge the status quo. Comp.

Advice to Management

Senior VP's need to be more visible to the whole organization and model the behaviors they expect from their teams and employees.

5. "“Our little Autodesk is all grown up”"

Current Employee - Administrative Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Could not be more proud of the way this company works through the incredibly hard process of chiseling and refining to try to get it to a place where its employees feel valued, heard, and appreciated. Reminds me of when an adolescent accomplishes the transition to adulthood. Mistakes are acknowledged and learned from and changes start to quickly be made for the better. Are mistakes still made? Probably. But they always...

Cons

Every company has its flaws but I can honestly say that I’ve never worked for a company that genuinely seeks those flaws out and attempts to make changes whenever possible to make Autodesk a place where great employees come to work and a place where great employees want stay working.

Advice to Management

There may not be an answer for every unhappy person in this company and that’s ok. It’s just the way of things and a part of the change in society as a whole. The efforts being made specifically by our CEO and executive staff to model the change is noticed. And appreciated.

Autodesk Response

March 11, 2019HR Leadership

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing a bit of your experience. Thank you for all you do to make #AutodeskLife great.

6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Dynamic, fast-paced, innovative and flexible.

Cons

Frequent changes of organizational structures.

Advice to Management

Focus on simplicity and efficiency.

7. "Strong company, strong culture"

Current Employee - Web Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great people, very large company, I like the culture

Cons

The size is means a lot of hierarchy.

8. "Great vision and strategy"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Clear vision and strategy in the next 5 years Great CEO Flexible working hours Transition to the subscription model is working

Cons

Too many organizational changes in recent years, while the changes are good, there's a sense of org change fatigue

Advice to Management

Stay the course :)

9. "Great company and leaders"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Products are great asset to the company

Cons

Middle management needs to be little mature in some part of the organization

10. "Great Company"

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Our customers do amazing things. The company fosters a very collaborative culture. Lots of opportunity to move around - you will meet many people here who have been around for 12, 15, even 20 years and have experienced many different organizations within Autodesk.

Cons

Shifting messaging and strategy, but that's how it is at a tech company.

Found 1577 reviews