Autodesk Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autodesk Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Autodesk

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (Manchester, NH) in January 2009.

Interview

They flew me over, did several one-on- one interviews, the staff was friendly.HNowever, despite my several follow up messages, after flying me over and spending a whole day, they did not give any response. i found this weird as the interview had gone smooth. It is OK that they may not have thought I was the right person, but no matter what everyone deserves a response. Dead silence is not the curtous way to handle things.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I applied through my university. The interviewers were warm and supportive. They asked all technical questions and about my previous projects and the technologies applied.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

One round of interview with technical questions on DSA on site. friendly and helpful colleagues in the whole process. Really teach you how to do the DSA questions if you are stuck.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was good. 2 people interviewed me and they are both nice. I did not answer the questions correctly. They also mentioned about sorting algorithm. They also offer advice for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• java class, differences between private/protected/public, interfaces   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2018.

Interview

Probably the most twisted interview I ever had. I applied online, did several interviews with different teams. Few interviewers were friendly and technically qualified (I guess), others quite serious, the amount of seriousness you can’t distinguish easily from arrogance .
    You don’t get interviewed by managers only, also by future colleagues. So depending on the position or jump-to-others (read below) expect a web programmer asking you (somebody who spent last 10 years writing drivers at Intel perhaps?) what a virtual function is.

First of all, if you're not Chinese or Indian living in Singapore, there is a probability you won't understand their English properly. As a programmer, if you hear “[something you don’t understand]…virtual…[same here]….virtual function?" you realize they asked what a virtual function is or how it works, but not the entire sentence.

The interview process is somehow chaotic, different people from HR contact you. You talk with one, you receive an email from another one. You start the interview for the position you applied for, let's say C++. If they think you don't fit the position, nobody writes for weeks. Then you receive another email about a new position asking if you would like to continue, and then again and again (this is the above mentioned jump-to-others). Probably they try to find a candidate who can fill one of the position they have, C++, JavaScript, cloud technologies etc. going through interviews with different teams answering the same questions (e.g. virtual function) over and over again. It seems Singapore office take care about a lot of software products.

If they have your CV saying for example Qt is not in your main skills, why interviewing you for such position to tell you “oh we were looking for Qt”? This answer, you get if/when you ask during other position interview, because they don’t send you rejection. At the end of Nth interview, they told me they would let me know in any case positive or rejection. You can at this point figure out if they ever answered.

There is something wrong with Autodesk offices in Asia I guess, if you check their open position you note there are 70 Software Engineering available position in Singapore+Shanghai, this should already sounds a bell in your mind. If you take few IT giants and put their open position together, you get a smaller number. Apparently, by reading other interview-reviews telling they continuously re-organize, fire, hire etc. there must be something true. Most of the questions were not technical, which confirm again other reviews and what I just said. They asked what you do if new schedule is 1 week and not 3 as decided before, or what you do if you have to take over a project from a team that was just fired (moving to other products and using different languages? Why not firing N-1 people and let the most experienced one in that team stay and keep supporting that software?)

Few questions asked by managers were:

1) Will the following compile? "Class something;" ..and the answer is no because "Class” must be lowercase. Obviously there was more code around that and, after I spotted other syntax errors, I awkwardly had to tell them "Class" and "Using" must be lowercase. So if they keep silence, don’t be shy go ahead and tell them it won’t compile unless you remove the quotation marks.

2) What's the value of i after this:
    i++ + ++i + i++ + ++i
    print("..", i++ + ++i)
    i++ + i++ + ++i
    print("..", i++ + ++i)
    I'm not kidding, do they know that this is compiler-dependent and make no sense analyze that? In any case, solving/not this means you’re smart/not or testing your problem solving skills? Not all questions were like these but there were many bizarre ones, some of which I’ve never seen/heard. Obviously easy questions are better than explaining how a spin lock works or how a multi-master bus arbitration works, but after some bizarre questions they rise in me the curiosity to ask them some technical questions.

So, if you're from USA or somewhere else, the outcome here doesn't look very promising. This is not meant to be sarcastic review, but honestly I wonder what’s happening, it’s not a few people company made by high school students and, all these reviews here put some more bad reputation about this office. I think global managers should check properly what's happening in branch offices, as long as the company works and they make money they don't care perhaps? Good luck.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

1) Phone screening, recruiter explains about roles and responsibilities and expects to describe your skillset and your current roles and responsibilities.

2)Technical Telephonic , duration 40mins to 1hr.
     5-10 Mins Hiring manager discusses about on-board job roles and responsibility, honest and frank about work environment.

Couple of questions on C++ and Algorithms

3)White Boarding Coding . If you have valid reason for not able to fly to their location, they respect and arrange a Skype session, you are expected to write programs on notepad, then compile using online compiler.

they review code on every line correct for any syntactical errors

4)Cost center manager:
    Behavior assessment, how would resolve a dispute within a team, how would you handle a very opinionated team member, how would you like to make your argument visible in a heated
    and highly debatable discussion.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual Understanding :
      Tell significance of virtual polymorphism with real time example.   1 Answer
    • Complexity of Algorithms :
      Algorithm to find duplicates in a linked list, after I answered, recruiter asked can I improve the performance.   1 Answer
    • What are Function pointers and what are their uses ? with a simple pseudo code program   1 Answer
    • Skype:

Design Pattern Implementation
      1) Single\Command\Reactor\Factory - Asked to choose any two.
      followed with full ledge discussion
      2) String in place reversal- entered in to memcpy memset etc.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is about 30 minutes and they ask about your resume and they evaluate your programming skills. But they questions are very basic. For example how to reverse a string or how you can find a substring. They only want to know you can write simple programs.

Interview Questions

• Finding substring, reversing a string in-place and other basic programming questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with one software developer at the company, asked questions based on my resume. followed by a group based assessment at their office with other applicants. Pretty average, not much else to say.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process takes 2 weeks, the first round is a phone interview, just talking about your background, next round is on site interview with three managers, they will let you introduce your projects, let you write a piece of code and discuss with these problems. The problems are not very difficult, if you have a good knowledge of C++, they will be quite easy.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

One math literacy exam and one programming literacy exam, then about 1 of 4 people moved on to face to face interviews, seemed a bit laborious to go out of your way to do tests for 2 hours & in some cases go home. Tests could be done online, especially for people travelling for hours.