BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2018

2.0

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Long, detailed, good energy. The questions that they asked really allowed me to provide my entire skill set and past experience. They were very open to answering the questions that I had.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Hayward, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and called in for interview. Interviewed in October, got a call in december and started working in January. Applied online a few times before getting a call for an interview.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Submit online application. Recruiting calls and sets up a phone interview, then if the phone interview goes well, you will meet a director at the nearest restaurant. Based off that interview/follow the company will make an offer.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Wichita, KS) in July 2012.

Interview

Very easy. I interviewed with two different people and they both asked easy questions. As long as you have enough experience then you basically get hired.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you came accross an unhappy customer and how did you deal with this issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer but ended up quitting two weeks later. It's a good job for some people but i feel like they took waistressing WAY too seriously and you have to do everything THEIR way.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Webster, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Application online, call to schedule face to face. Went to 2 face to face interviews with 2 different managers. Then had a group orientation with the general manager. I was told there were opportunities to advance within the company, and that they were looking at me as managerial in the future, which was exaggerated. They say they promote from within, but only from the server position.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the restaurant industry?   1 Answer

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

I'm sorry I Cant really remember how the hiring process went it was quick, I know they really needed someone so it was effortless. it only took 15 mins. 3 different interviews. Each one went by so quick that I knew I had the job by the end of the first one.

Negotiation

no negotiations I took the job as is

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Bruno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Relaxed, interviewed with the GM (Best part about working there, he is very professional and always looks out for his employees). The interview was very relaxed, in person, basically just went over why I am applying for the position and for how long do I plan to stay.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

pretty causal type of interview, they asked you some typical questions testing your knowldege of your skills and the ocupation. followed up by me asking some questions of how they manged the place

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

Applied online. Had one interview, very basic. I was asked questions that demonstrated my experience in service and willingness to learn the specific service model. Very common service industry interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant experience in the service industry   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an open interview starting on Monday. It was a three interview process with 3 different managers. After the first I was scheduled the next day, after that I was scheduled Friday for the final interview with the restaurant manager. Finished and she said that to expect a phone call by Monday for a position.