BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.0

Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied and got called the next day to come in for an interview. The manager was about 20 mins late for the interview, and it appeared that one of the SA's walked out. Tables everywhere weren't clear and the employees seemed like they did not want to be there. The GM was bussing all the tables., And a server walked up to me and told me the workers there were lazy. It was honestly pretty pathetic to see and spoke volumes about how the restaurant was managed. The interview wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He just asked about my experience, availability, and he also showed me the kitchen. I was scheduled to come in for a second interview but later declined due to receiving a better job offer.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

pretty causal type of interview, they asked you some typical questions testing your knowldege of your skills and the ocupation. followed up by me asking some questions of how they manged the place

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Elk Grove, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

it went by pretty fast, i was interviewed by sammy. He was very weird. I felt like he was putting me down in some way. Just be friendly and smile a lot, do not be too serious. you want to give off friendly vibes, do not have a complete serious face, he wants people who seem welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

went in for 2 short interviews, each with someone different. i applied when they first opened so it was pretty quick and to the point and easy and i got it

Interview Questions

• how did you react in a situation that involved someone you didn't work well with?   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Hurst, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

They give you a call and they set up a date and you head to the restaurant. They set up the interview in the back of the restaurant and ask general questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose BJ's?
      How would you say you are under pressure?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Long, detailed, good energy. The questions that they asked really allowed me to provide my entire skill set and past experience. They were very open to answering the questions that I had.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I walked in and received an on the spot interview who then recommended me to the general manager. I came in for a second interview and was hired on the spot.

Team Member Talent Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview. When I talked to the hiring manager, she appeared to be somewhat distracted by other things. She may have been driving. I just didn't get the sense that I had her full attention from the start. The questions were standard surface-level questions. I was a bit surprised by how simple they were given the nature of the position they were looking to fill. They mentioned that no has been in that position for quite sometime...so, they were still trying to work out how that role would fit in and support the organization. I didn't get a whole lot of clarity on any of the job responsibilities and expectations beyond what is written in the job description. Her answers were either vague or she said the person in the role will determine what that looks like. It was a red flag to me that the role wasn't clearly defined. Do you really need the position if it hasn't been filled in a while and you're not clear on what value that role can bring to the team?

Interview Questions

• How would you get the restaurants to be consistent and compliant with training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very professional and courteous. Very up front about job expectations. The manager was very personable and made me feel comfortable. She was light hearted and not too intimidating. It made me feel good about where I was applying and what her managing style would be like. Being comfortable and layed back helped enormously so I wasn't stuttering and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with difficult customers or had a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. It took about a week and I got a phone call to go for an interview. The questions were basic server questions like: What do you know about BJ? How would you contribute to the restaurant? What is a good server? Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer...