BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2018

2.0

Food Runner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

Easy. Typical questions. Sit down in restaurant with general manager. Less than an hour. If you aren't a dummy, you'll probably get the job. I did wait over an hour to talk to someone though.

Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

The process was very informal. My employer cared more about having a genuine conversation to get to know me and If I was familiar with basic food service concepts. Overall what he was looking for was a positive first impression to see If I would get along with the other co-workers and driven to do the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your current time commitments?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was very quick and relaxed. Because i had no server experience besides take out they said they can put me as hostess/take out first and from there work up to server. Not many questions were asked besides that. She told me that i needed to meet with the general manager which she then set up a time and day when i could meet him/her. The interview took about 10-15 mins. She said shifts typically ranged from 3/4 shifts per week. They do an add/drop system where you can pick up shifts and drop off shifts.

Server Interview

Interview

Standard restaurant interview process. Conversation turns personal about likes and dislikes of previous restaurant experiences. First part of the interview was conducted by the front of house manager. The general manager was there to do a second part of the interview in order to confirm hiring on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BJ's rather than another restaurant?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I would love to answer the interview. Nice and easy, glass door are very helpful it's easy for me to answer the questions. And I wanna know more about them. Hope for the best.

Interview Questions

• Why am I applying they're company.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

The manager didn't listen or care for my answers
    they wouldn't wait for my responses, just asked another question
    it was over in less than 10 minutes, but I waited about half an hour in the lobby
    no drug test
    hired on the spot, no second interview
    told 10/hr, get paid less than minimum wage

Interview Questions

• Do I have problems with corporations?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lafayette, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was lied to at every interview. They promised me opportunity once I was comfortable with my position, and promised me $10/hr, and ended up giving me $9/hr, and denied they ever promised 10. This was the phoniest group of managers and restaurant operators I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your character.   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and called a week later. They offered me an interview for the next day. The interviewer asked questions and then afterwards I was told to return another day to fill out more paperwork and start the hiring process. Questions were easy. Why did you leave your previous job? What do you expect to get paid? why do you want to work here?

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back two days later for an interview. I had a good interview with one if the assistant managers. Three weeks later I got another interview with the general manager and got hired. Both interviews were easy.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

Applied online. Had one interview, very basic. I was asked questions that demonstrated my experience in service and willingness to learn the specific service model. Very common service industry interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant experience in the service industry   Answer Question