BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very professional and courteous. Very up front about job expectations. The manager was very personable and made me feel comfortable. She was light hearted and not too intimidating. It made me feel good about where I was applying and what her managing style would be like. Being comfortable and layed back helped enormously so I wasn't stuttering and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with difficult customers or had a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. It took about a week and I got a phone call to go for an interview. The questions were basic server questions like: What do you know about BJ? How would you contribute to the restaurant? What is a good server? Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer...

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

We took an online...personality test essentially, it's designed to see if you have certain character traits that the corporation believes valuable. After that, you are called in for an interview and that's usually with 2 or 3 managers.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Puyallup, WA).

Interview

I went in had a first interview with GM asked my questions about why I like Bjs. Had 2 interview then hired that day. They both asked different questions and where very easy to talk to which made me feel comfortable and confident.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Hayward, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and called in for interview. Interviewed in October, got a call in december and started working in January. Applied online a few times before getting a call for an interview.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Burbank, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview at different location was a two step interview first was with kitchen manager and called back for interview with general manger Both went well though the interview with the general manager seemed more casual it did seem like I would have gotten the job but I guess someone else was a better candidate as I never worked in a kitchen

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a restaurant kitchen and have you ever done dishwashing at a restaurant   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Roseville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Called in for interview. Member of mgmt came out from kitchen and sat me down at table and we talked for literally 3-5 minutes. She asked me what hours I was available and asked if I understood the kitchen was a hot, busy place.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and called the restaurant a week later asking for the status of my application. The next day I was granted an interview for the following Monday with the general manager at 2PM. When I arrived, the restaurant was surprisingly busy for a Monday because there were a lot of graduations going on so I had to wait about 15-30 minutes before my interview started. The interview was very easy going and didn't take too long. The manager asked me very standard questions and said she definitely wanted me on the team but wasn't sure how she was going to fit me in the schedule just yet. Two days later I called and was officially offered the hostess position and gave my SSN. Orientation and training was the next week, which was all paid.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online for a server position, called them back a couple of days later and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. It was the best interview ever however instead of getting the server job I was offered the hostess position which was fine because I really needed a job. The manager was so nice, the interview was basically to get to know my personality more and schedule availability. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was told to wait until Monday for a response (the interview was on wednesday). I got a response on Sunday saying I was hired, I gave the manager my SSN to be put in the system, she told me I had orientation Wednesday at 8:30am. Orientation was paid, I was there for about 3 hours, was taught how to clock in and out, it was A LOT of computer stuff to get you to know all about BJ's. Then I was asked to come in for hostess training for the next four days!

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Had 2 interviews on 2 separate days. One was with a manager and the other was with the General manager. After arriving, the wait for the interview can be long. I came during a slow time, so they were able to see me within a few minutes. I have heard that some wait for almost an hour for a manager to see them. The interview for me only took about 30 minutes because I was referred by a current employee at the time and was very casual.