BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview. I was then sent an email to stage 2 which is a simulated live call where your are timed to complete the call as accurately as you can. Last stage is interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• How you sell a credit card to a customer who doesn't need one?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. Both interviewers were very friendly. There interviewer for one of the interviews called me 30 minutes late (there was no window of time given just a specific time).

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite advertisement campaign you've recently seen and why?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2018.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews. The first was a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the supervisor, then 3 interviews in one day (one in-person behavioral, one phone technical, one phone behavioral). Overall, the process was very positive and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in January 2018.

Interview

Pretty easy. Asked about history. Talked about past sales performance. 1 interview and offered position. They definitely over sold the position. They said incorrect things about the incentive plan and health benefits.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Phone interview for thirty minutes, mostly fit and why interested in research. Then got an email to come in for an in person with lead analyst, associate and a parallel industry analyst.

Interview Questions

• Stock Pitch
      How do you pick a terminal multiple in a DCF   Answer Question

Business Continuity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The process is typical, phone screen, then face to face meeting. The HR rep was very nice, but the amount of time between responses was excessively long. I am assuming I did not get the job, as I never heard back from them. I found that to be a a bit odd, but apparently this is the new hiring model for companies. The position is still listed, so I cannot say with certainty that it has actually been filled.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring process was fairly smooth. I applied online then was contacted by a recruiter. I had one onsite interview, then a few phone interviews. The whole thing was maybe 3 weeks max.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First round on campus with analyst. Was invited to a dinner the same night and next day on campus super day with 2 VPs and 2 MDs. Got my offer 2 days later. I did a decent amount of networking with alumni at BMO.

Inside Sales Representative - Transportation Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They emailed me two days after I applied online. We set up a call where we went over my resume and why I wanted to work for BMO. She explained the role is for a sales track, not a finance career track.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations? They said they are looking at 50K.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Round Lake, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was scheduled for a 1:1 interview right afterwards. I went to the 1:1 interview where I met a bilingual supervisor and a blonde supervisor. They asked if there was any time in the next 3 month that I would have to be out and I told them that I was expecting so I would have to take some time off. And wow!! Did I get the most unprofessional reaction from the blonde woman. She legit told me that I would not get hired because I was pregnant!!! The nerve of this woman. I understand that it’s a bit inconvenient for the company and I understood that I would not get paid for my time off but to flat out say no because I was pregnant is unheard of and I think it’s also against the law.

Interview Questions

• How fluent are you in Spanish   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time that you encountered a problem at work and how you handled it   Answer Question