BNP Paribas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BNP Paribas

2.9

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Interview

long talk with some old people, not very helpful. only good thing about interview was that i went to bar after. i would not recommend working here, but this is just me. there are better banks and cultures out there. the french believe in colonial rule still, make no mistake about that.

Interview Questions

• what have you been doing at your last role?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Two days of interviews. 4 different brief behavioral interviews with senior personnel. One technical case study interview with another Associate. The first day was only behavioral interviews. The second day had one behavioral and ended with the technical interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially a phone interview with head of LatAm Securitization group. New group, so was mainly focused on whether I would be willing to work hard to grow a new group. Passed that, then had super day with people from LatAm and U.S. side. Mostly qualitative questions, and only exception was a computer guy who had some funky questions.

Interview Questions

• One guy walked in very disheveled, and quickly asked me to share my opinion of secured paper vs. unsecured paper. He had just been on a call with a client regarding the same issue, so I had to walk through pros and cons of each piece of debt.   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Technical Interview one on one interview.
    No procedure for the interview, Looking for developers who have finance experience.
    I got the call from reciter. Interview process is very easy if you have finance basics along with java development.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2012.

Interview

APTITUDE TEST. Followed by Technical interview , Management interview and HR interview interview. All the interviews were onsite.
    Interviews are easy. Once you clear aptitude test, crack the interview is not that difficult.
    Aptitude test has all kind of question, quant,verbal and behavioural.
    If you have applied for dev position then they will have java questions as well in the aptitude test

Interview Questions

• Swap 2 numbers without using temp variable. Why Testing.   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I went on a super day and ended up meeting with four or five people. They let you talk which is great. Some of the interviews were extremely intuitive and some were simply conversations.

Interview Questions

• I give you a set of numbers 1 through 1000. One number is missing. How do you find out that number?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Normal process with Technical and HR round.
    it took a whole day of the process. heard the benefits were good, so gave a try but the questions were on my projects tat i did

Interview Questions

• Tell about the projects you worked and questions based on that   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

Interview

agents arranged phone interview and it went smoothly, they just asked me some what projects I have worked and high level technical questions. then I was invited to an onsite interview. I met two developers and the hiring manager. The interview is not difficult and hiring manager is nice. I then received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• java why ConcurrentHashMap doesn't throw concurrentmodificationexception?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I got the interview call through a Recruiter.

I first had a phone interview and then I was invited onsite where I met 4 people, 3 technical and 1 pseudo-technical/HR.

The whole process lasted for 4 hours and had questions on C++, multithreading, projects on my resume and questions about basic finance and low latency.

Interview Questions

• Implement a thread safe queue con-formant to POSIX APIs and specification. There are multiple readers and writers indefinitely reading/writing from/into the queue.   1 Answer

CIB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Very unorganized process - they ran their own HR. First round - a brief chat with one of the analysts. The analyst was very unprofessional, cutting the interview in half and hanging up in a rush. Second round had two interviews - one with an associate and another with a VP. It was okay, but expect cases. Last round also was poorly organized in that the director wasn't even able to inform about the follow up procedure. There was tremendous confusion in the interview process in that you would not know about the timing/procedure or the entire process, since everything was organized by one or two people who weren't experienced with HR at all.