BNP Paribas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Financing Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

I applied through my college career platform and through BNP's website as well. I was notified by email that I had an in-person interview on campus. The interview lasted a half hour and was not too difficult. The interviewer did not ask any technical questions and was friendly. I was notified about two weeks later that they were moving on.

Contractor Interview

Interview

long talk with some old people, not very helpful. only good thing about interview was that i went to bar after. i would not recommend working here, but this is just me. there are better banks and cultures out there. the french believe in colonial rule still, make no mistake about that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

4 rounds. First round was phone interview asked a couple of fit questions and technical questions. Second round was in the office, face to face with an associate that asked more fit questions and find out your motivation. Third round was with the director with a case. Final round was more for formalities with the MD.

Global Market Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I am a graduate student. I got my first interview through university career center.
    The first round was a phone interview. They basically asked some behavioral and market based questions. Then I went to the 3 hour super-day interview. They have three people from different departments, some of them are more market based and some are more technical.
    However, it's weird that I didn't hear anything after the super-day interview. This might meant a decline, but I think at least they should tell me.

Advisory Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my on campus recruiting website. Received a first round interview on campus. About a week later I was invited to a Superday at their office in NYC. It consisted of 4 interviews, 3 were 2 on 1's and 1 was a 1 on 1. They were all with Associates and VPs. Was called with an offer about 2 hrs after leaving the office.

Interview Questions

• Who do you admire? Sqrt(.9)? 3 strengths and weaknesses? Tell me about yourself. Why IB/M&A? What are the 4 ways to value a company? Which provide the lowest valuation? The highest? And the most variable? Multi step accounting question. Are you willing to be in NYC? Mini case about if Company A should buy Company B and why.   1 Answer

CIB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

2 on campus interviews, would be followed by a super day in the company, but did not make it past the first round. Had one friendly interviewer, one rather cold, was difficult to understand interviewers based on accents.

CIB Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was 2 interviews, each had a small case. final round was 3 interviews, same format. The CIB consulting team runs its own HR, which made this the worst recruiting experience of my life. No responses to emails, terrible communication, wouldn't give feedback after decisions were made, interviewers showed up late and seemed to be angry from the beginning...definitely should use company HR going forward.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was selected for a phone interview. Then 3 back to back interviews with managers at their NYC offices. Mostly behavioral and current market trends question. Be ready to talk about an article you recently read about markets. Keep up with global market trends.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Coral Gables, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the controller of the accounting department who seemed not to like me from the moment I walked in. Also, mentioned the CFO was a jetsetter and discussed some of the responsibilities, organizing and scheduling. CFO was courteous and information regarding things that needed to be automated. Cover the tasks that would be completed by the department and how hard working they are and cautious about the procedures that are accomplished on daily basis.

Interview Questions

• How does your skill set match the job description   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This is my first interview. the process was good. they asked a lot of the tech questions about your financial background. the interviewers were kind . although I didn't perform well, I appreciate this chance to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose this company and why should we choose you   Answer Question