Benjamin Moore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Benjamin Moore Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview

Very simple. Focused on EXCEL skills the most. Even the questions about Microsoft EXCEL were not very technical. Know your pivot tables and how to use VLOOKUP. Those are the main EXCEL things that you should know. Aside from that, rest were behavioral.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with four different people- two senior level, one middle management, and one coordinator. Very casual setting as the interview was pretty laid back. I had over prepared myself with research on the company and role, but the interviewers didn't ask challenging questions. Seems like a chill place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current role responsibilities.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your employer?   1 Answer

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Terrible. Didn't reimburse me for two trips to their site. Interviewed with some people that had 2 days experience with the company - the longest tenured employee was 6 months. Really bad process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job after 20 years?   1 Answer

Senior Networks Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Flanders, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Via a recruiter. Provided resume and talked with recruiter. Had phone interview with IT manager, then 2 onsite interviews. Very comfortable environment. Mostly "get to know you" questions, with a few techie questions.

Interview Questions

• How to project manage? how to promote an idea? Explain how you work in a group dynamic. Design and documentation methodologies   1 Answer

Filing Line Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview

I was originally brought on through the temp agency. I worked for the temp agency almost a year before getting hired on. Best decision I made to hang in there.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Was first interviewed by who would be my direct manager, then interviewed with the creative director. Both interviews had me extremely excited to join the team because of how passionate they were about my work. I knew if I joined the team my work would be valued.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was working on assets in foreign languages (translators provided).   1 Answer

Product Development Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Flanders, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

what I did before? What I know? What type of work style you like? Why you think you should be hired by our group? When you are gonna start? How did you know this opportunity? Do you have friends working here?

Color Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Flanders, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 6 technical managers. Started on time and ended on time. Travelled 250 miles round trip for the interview. No travel expense reimbursement. No lunch. No coffee. No water. No one appeared to be happy. Did not talk to other employees. Not a pleasant place to work. Got a response first thing next day.

Interview Questions

• Give me a reason not to hire you.   1 Answer

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and almost immediately got an email from the HR recruiter for a phone interview. The initial phone screen interview lasted about an hour and was much more in depth than what I was told the interview was going to cover. Was incredibly uncomfortable and unfair. The HR screen interview should cover the basics and then when you meet with the people who are actually working on the team, the hard questions should come out. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a large project you led that was not successful and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore in January 2015.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled several times. When I was finally seen, the hiring manager had a member of her team that had been there for a week interview me because she was busy. She couldn't tell me anything about the company or my potential boss.