Benjamin Moore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Benjamin Moore Interview Questions

Interviews at Benjamin Moore

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR for telephone with some informal questions. Definitely it was an interviews with those wierd questions. There were 2-3 telephone interview and one in person interview and one group interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember having hard time with questions. It was more about the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The condition was imposed by the company with no room for negotiation.

Associate Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview along with setting up in-person interview. One day, 6 people to interview me separately. Long day, but only 1 day of in-person interviews. Received offered after having to contact HR.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced and how did you achieve your goal with these challenges in the way?   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pell City, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Pell City, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

Have to go through a temp agency to be hired here, and have to be willing and able to be flexable with all shifts. Have to be able to answer all types of questions, a degree will really help you also. Have to be able to work well with others and should know how to talk to people

Interview Questions

• Why should Bejamin hire you and what can you offer this company   1 Answer

Negotiation

How about one more dollar

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

it was very good everyone was nice and considerate and I learned a lot about company upfront about the paint business the industry and the kind of employees and goals were ahead for the company

good

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

They brought me in for 1:1 interview with hiring manager back in December, group interview with 3 people in January, turned me down. Contacted my agent in March for similar position stating they are still very interested in me, brought me in again for 1:1 interview in April, then group interview with 3 people in May, turned me down again. These people do not make any sense. All management is fairly new and seems like have no clue what they are doing.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview

Phone screening
    Interview with direct manager and Directors or VPs.
    Group panel interviews are also possible. Generally some teams are very critical.

Prepare questions for how you can add value to the small organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your past work life. Focus on how good is your people skills.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

There was no pre-screening with HR, nor was I given any advance information about the company, benefits or the position - I was just scheduled for interviews.
    I met with 3 different people. All just kept their eye on the clock and kept reminding me I only had 1/2 hour with them. One didn't seem pleased to know that I had not met with HR.One spent half the interview trying to tell me why they joined Benjamin and how happy they were to be there. One person just kept yawning throughout the entire interview - didn't even try to cover it up or apologize for his behavior.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a very nice HR person, who gave me a preliminary over the phone interview and then subsequently scheduled me for a follow up in-person interview with 3 people. Office seemed nice, and the marketing staff seemed pleasant. Two out of three people read my resume prior to my arrival (which as nice) and were interested to hear what I had to offer. The third had not read my resume prior and seemed as though she already had her mind made up before I even spoke. Interestingly enough, she was the most recent addition to the Co. They seemed terribly young for the positions and responsibilities they held.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

great process, does take long time. Meet with sales manager then met with the Director of sales. After that they gave me one week to think about the offer and talk to them one more time to make sure it was the right decision.

Interview Questions

• tell me about previous positions you've held   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Miami, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Submitted online form with a cover letter. Received a call from human resources who conducted a screening interview. Later was interviewed by phone by a manager, and then agreed to a one to one. A call was made for a second one to one where an offer was made. Note, that there have been many changes in the company, so this may be out of date.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      How do you feel about working independently?   Answer Question