Cover image for BlackRock

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,637 of over 2.6K interviews

Recruiter7%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

BlackRock

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

Pretty long interview process but HR is very helpful. Started out with a long coding assessment and video interview. Then proceeded to an on-site consisting of a couple coding questions and behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • What’s one time you had a conflict working in a team?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

BlackRock

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

Paneled with back to back Zooms meetings and about 30 minutes long. Will cut off if go over time. Typically with at least 3 to 4 people including a HR person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about BlackRock

Join the conversation on

Finance

115.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=BlackRock~9331
Join the conversation on

BlackRock

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

Video Interview (Automated - Why BlackRock, Something that is not on your CV) - First Round Panel Interview (mostly behavioural and markets) - Manager Final Interview (mostly behavioural and markets)

Interview Questions
  • motivations, behavioural, markets (fairly straightforward interview)

BlackRock

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

As part of the application, they require you to do a video recorded interview of 2 questions with about 1-3 mins to prepare for a 1 minute recording. It’s hard to tell what they want since the questions were too general.

Interview Questions
  • Standard fit questions like why Blackrock, tell us about your interest, etc.

BlackRock

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

2 back-to-back interviews half an hour each no follow up questions questions: - pitch me 2 BR products - what comments you have from people around you - how market trend affects invesment

Interview Questions
  • - pitch me 2 BR products - what comments you have from people around you - how market trend affects invesment

BlackRock

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

I applied for the role and got an automated Hire-vue link to send in my virtual CV. We knew the questions beforehand. This is a compulsory step and instead of asking written questions, they asked in to send a virtual CV

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England) in Nov 2022

Interview

After submitting the application, you need to submit a virtual cover letter. If you get selected to the next round you have two 30 min interviews where analyst will assess your overall fit to the company (not technical). The questions vary, they are mainly driven by the company's principles. The last round is their Assessment centre: 2 x 30 min technical interview, Problem solving, presentation

Interview Questions
  • Could you explain in very simple terms what is a tech product, or a complex system?

BlackRock

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

3 rounds with various people on the sales and trading team. Mix of behavioral and technical questions asked. They are looking for someone who can provide technical development to their platforms.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BlackRock

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

Efficient online interview conducted virtually and completed within ten minutes however, after 2 months of waiting for internship application reply nothing has been received although this position has now closed

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BlackRock

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

online test --> 1st round (2x30mins interview) --> Final in 30mins with director, associates and directors are nice; questions are behavioral driven, very few technical and very conversational. No offer but quite good experience

Interview Questions
  • Why change your job? Which company do you like the most among your past internships?

BlackRock

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock

Interview

1st round with an individual - behavioural and CV based. 2nd round - all questions related to BlackRock's values. 3rd round with MD - CV, Behavioural, conversational, slight technicals based on your projects, work experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,637 Interviews

BlackRock Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at BlackRock as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.98 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Summer Analyst and Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at BlackRock takes an average of 28 days when considering 1,893 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Summer Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 32 days).

Common stages of the interview process at BlackRock according to 1,893 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.85%