BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017
1,029 Interview Reviews

3.1

Digital Video Producer, Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

At the end of my video interview with the hiring manger he told me he would send me an email with his email address so we could talk further. Yipee! I made it to next round! Um, no. I didn't hear from him so after a couple of weeks checked with HR on the status of my candidacy. I was told they had chosen another candidate. WTF, why would you tell someone you're going to continue with their candidacy then pull the rug out from under them? Also, if you tell someone you're going to get back in touch with them, even if it's to tell them they're no longer being considered, you should follow through. Not doing so was on one level really unprofessional and on another incredibly rude and inconsiderate.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock in July 2017.

Interview

First round phone screen, just go through background and ask culture questions in first 20 minutes. Then ask two easy level alg questions with some follow up, just describe the solution no code.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock in July 2017.

Interview

This is the first round for an intern position, a phone interview from a VP. in the team. About 40 minutes, resume questions for 15 minutes and macroeconomics for 15 minutes, and introduction of the team and questions for 10 minutes. Got feedback one week later.

Account Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call from a member of the team that would be working for. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and my familiarity with SQL. I was also asked to run thru my resume and explain it.

DIG Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

has been referred by a friend, the hire manager called first, then interview onsite with three different groups and total 6 people. The onsite interview last 3 hours, all general questions,

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

the worst interview experience ever. uncoordinated, random and weird. did i even apply for a software engineering role? was not even interested in answering the questions after the 2nd round. The job description is all nonsense.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Start with a coding challenge with hacker rank. This is one of the hardest interviews I ever faced. Had three questions able to complete only one at the given time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR in the company works really slow and doesn't care about any future employee. (A big no if you have other offers)

Pretty Easy Hackerrank test. Level Easy
    Onsite rounds
    two rounds, during the first interview they asked pretty simple things initially. When I answered all the questions, it looked like they ran out of questions and started asking anything (which I didn't really understand, nor they were able to explain).

During the second interview, the interviewer was asking anything but regarding job-related questions. It seems interviewer didn't have enough technical knowledge on the questions that they were asking.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed at Blackrock in Nov 2016. The process is extremely badly designed, they think they are google and thus they take 6-8 interviews, 1st 4 are some junior analyst level interviewers who are just there to get interview experience and thus waste our time, then come the hiring managers who have no idea how to select candidates in their team and in the end they let most of the candidates go with little or no reason. I would reccomend if you have other offers, make sure Blackrock is the last one.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete an online response to a few questions, then a 30 minute conversation with a Blackrock employee if you passed the online response. Then the final round was 3 hours long, interviewed with 4 employees, asked quite a few questions on behavior and teamwork