BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.1

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

OA

30 phone interview. Asked why black rock? First discuss about projects on resume, then asked some java problems. In the end, a medium level coding on online text editor.

Interview Questions

• java string problems
      behavior questions
      resume questions, what tech did you use. Who choose one instead of another.
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

At first, had a coding test through HireVue - 6 questions. The test builds on Portfolio management- Java OOP, lots of string parsing and financial math involved. The descriptions were good enough to understand the assignment, except for the last question, which was tricky.

Directly made it to onsite without a phone interview. Had 4 interviews- 2 technical, and 2 behavioral. The behavioral part was standard- talk about projects and other "tell me about a time.." questions. The first technical interview was based on OOP design and built further on the online coding test. The interviewer was pleasant and seemed satisfied with my solution. The second technical interview was weird. Went into details of Java HashMap, List interface, Abstract classes, Interface, Design patterns and asked an algorithmic question in the end. The 2nd technical interviewer was rude and said in my face "You don't seem to know Java at all" when I said that you need to redefine every single function in a Java interface, unlike abstract classes, which might have concrete methods. He was a very condescending Indian man. He also asked to code a singleton and gave me 5 minutes to code an algorithmic question, which I couldn't manage within the given time. To top that, the 4th interviewer came in 50 minutes late.

Overall, you can see a lot of people saying how the company is quite disrespectful towards candidates. They are right and I've experienced it first hand. Also, the recruiter never responded to my emails. Whenever the recruiter needed to talk, she'd call and not even acknowledge the emails that I sent. Would avoid at all costs, unless there was no other option.

Interview Questions

• Java HashMap, List interface and its implementations, Abstract classes, Interface, Design patterns and an algorithmic question in the end   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in April 2017.

Interview

Got 2 hours​ hackerrank coding test. Got invitation for on-site interview with no travel reimbursement. Showed up at the interview. Was told that my experience is less than what is required. Highly unprofessional recruiting management. Would recommend to impart time on other applications.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Phone interview - 20 mins. Behavioral and skill assessment. Quickly both figured out it was not a good fit. Like the company but not the role. They were very professional and kind enpugh to grant me a confidential interview- not easy given the small word I work in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle managing a global organization? What do you bring to a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process had four rounds - managerial and three rounds of technical. The interviewers were friendly and will mostly give hints to you if you are on the right track to the solution but stuck. The questions asked were pretty straightforward and mostly tested how well you know the concepts.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was average. Consisted of three parts. First there was a coding round, then a telephonic interview and lastly an in person interview at their Seattle office for three hours. Overall the interview process was smooth. Interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was HackerRank coding challenge- mainly testing data structure concepts.
    Then after a week they scheduled a video interview with four 45 minutes video rounds.
    It started off with a session with the manager who went for a resume walk through and the scope and responsibilities of Aladdin group at BlackRock.The other 3 rounds were technical rounds where you will be tested based on your skills mentioned in resume like Java, Spring, Hibernate, Angular JS, other projects. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgable.Had a smooth experience. Waiting for results.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock? Difference between stock and bonds. Angular Routing, Components, Hibernate mapping, HashMap internals, MultiThreading   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email about 2 weeks after submitting application. The email asked to provide a range of times/dates for setting up a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was a leader in the organization and was able to provide a lot of detail about the role (which turned out to be very data focused/report heavy) before asking me to walk through my resume. HR followed up a few days later regarding a second round. Declined second round interview offer, which would have been in person. Process was very professional and timely.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel? Provide specific examples.   Answer Question
    • How can you use your previous HR experience in this role?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through the career website of BlackRock, the first interview was a record interview on HireVue with some basic question as tell me about yourself, why blackrock. Then was reached out by the HR and scheduled an interview with one of the team member, the interview was purely technical with math, statistical model, programming and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Mean variance efficiency. Time series model.   Answer Question

Fix Income Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application in Oct, recorded a video interview (basic questions e.g. introduce yourself). Got a phone interview the next March. Drilled on every detail in your CV.