BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2017
1,100 Interview Reviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I got 30 minutes campus interview and interviewer was nice and kind to answer my questions since i am not majoring in finance and i really don't know what kind of people they are looking for

Summer Interview

Interview

Two questions through hirevue. Each has 5 mins to prepare and 90 seconds to answer. It's pretty relaxing because you will have a long time to prepare before recording. Only one chance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First you need todo four programming questions, these questions are basic programming questions, which are just little related to do some algorithms. After the programming they will record one minute video.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in Blackrock and why are you qualified for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round video interview. Still waiting to hear back about the rest of the process, but it was pretty straightforward. Easy, personality type questions and other questions mostly based on resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. The interviewer was very patient. There were several basic questions regarding programming and statistics. I had little knowledge on statistcs and messed up a few questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The virtual cover letter via HireVue Interview. Just got it 1-2 days after my submission of online application, and I think everyone will get it since it seems like an automatic process.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock and this specific business.   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Interview

I applied 2018 Summer Analyst Program - Advisory & Client Services. Then they ask me to submit my virtual cover letter within three days of receiving the original invitation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

People from BlackRock came to our school for a special recruiting event.
    We had three rounds of interviews on the same day.
    I was told that it would be more cultural and behavioral interview, but it was just the opposite.
    They just asked my background and moved on with technical questions right away.
    each interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are are the differences between AngularJS and React?   1 Answer
    • How would you design an application for a restaurant reservation system? (data structure, frontend..)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up two skype interviews for me. The first Interviewer was one hour late and very unprofessional during the interview. She was obviously very sleepy at the time. The second interviewer was even worse. He did not show up on the first day and they sent me an email one hour later for another interview at the same time on the next day. It turned out the interviewer decided not to show up again the second day as well. Then they sent an email saying they are really sorry but they are very interested in me and wanted to reschedule at the same time on the third day. The interviewer finally showed up 30 minutes past the scheduled time on the third day.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

It was a ZOOM interview. There were 3 rounds, each takes about 30 minutes. People who interviewed me are from offices of Tokyo, Singapore, and Australia. They are all analysts and seems to be nice in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• $100 million investment, how to diversify your portfolio.   Answer Question