BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.1

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Phone interview - 20 mins. Behavioral and skill assessment. Quickly both figured out it was not a good fit. Like the company but not the role. They were very professional and kind enpugh to grant me a confidential interview- not easy given the small word I work in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle managing a global organization? What do you bring to a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process had four rounds - managerial and three rounds of technical. The interviewers were friendly and will mostly give hints to you if you are on the right track to the solution but stuck. The questions asked were pretty straightforward and mostly tested how well you know the concepts.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was average. Consisted of three parts. First there was a coding round, then a telephonic interview and lastly an in person interview at their Seattle office for three hours. Overall the interview process was smooth. Interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

9 Rounds, very big group. Each of the round was of 30-40 mins asking questions on how relevant my profile is to the work required in the group. The interviewers were nice and friendly though asking very specific questions

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight-forward. Applied through college job posting, interviewed with HR, then a phone interview with manager and director, then came in for in-person interview with the team. Questions were mostly behavioral and about my background and previous experiences.

GPAS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Applied through a job fair at my university. Got an email and went to interview with 6 directors from different teams. Two brain teasers, behavioral questions and in general a very nice and positive experience. 30 minutes with each person. Financial questions were related to etfs, mutual funds, bond pricing and risk management.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions.
      Why blackrock? Your goals in 10-15 years? What is one Blackrock?
      Answer Question

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online and did the virtual cover letter the next day, when we had up to 3 days to complete it. Heard back in a few days telling me that I was accepted for the first round interview, to be scheduled two days later. I completed the interview, which was very straightforward, and went over the resume and my history.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

1) HacherRank Challenge
    - 3 questions based on array, map, binary tree
    2) Onsite Interview - 6 rounds
    1) Coding + design
    2) Java concepts + 2 coding questions
    3) Java concepts + 3 coding questions
    4) Resume based + 2 design questions
    5) Java collections + database design, query
    6) Java multi threading question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Met the recruiter on the university career fair and was asked to applied online.
    After that, I did one online program test(java) and some video recording interview.
    Then was called for superday. There are four rounds, meeting with HR and software engineers.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and set up an interview on their video conference chat. It was just me and the recruiter during the interview and he was very nice and friendly. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Sort a small vector of numbers in size order. Sort a matrix of numbers in size order. What is the expected value of a given function? How do we compute it?   Answer Question