BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,665 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone (1 hour) technical interview on basic Java topics. This was followed by an on-site (1/2 day) interview on architecture, algorithms, and soft skills. Each slot lasted about 45 minutes had two interviewers, about 5 slots in sequence with focus on different skills.

Interview Questions

BlackRock Response

Feb 7, 2020 – HR Communication Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience in the interview process!

Intern Interview

Interview

I received an online assessment after submitting the resume. The online assessment is mandatory to complete the application. I did not get to the next round. The online assessment take 10 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• why do you choose Blackrock?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Sent an online programming examination to test that programming language skillset. The online program they used was not very good at testing the JavaScript question they posed. The questions were not too bad and they gave ample time to answer but the testing was not very good.

Interview Questions

• Questions gauging the proficiency of JavaScript, C++, and Python   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Prerecorded video interview with several questions
    2. Zoom video interview with member of the team
    3. In-office final round interview with 4 different team members

I enjoyed the interview process, however, I did not enjoy the 7 weeks of ghosting/automated emails before finally learning I had not gotten the position. I understand hiring choices can be a lengthy process, but 7 weeks with no communication except for an automated email was not enjoyable.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

3 rounds, 2 to 3 interviews each with team members of all seniority and across multiple office locations, e.g. New York and London. One interview also with a HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take a difficult decision. What were the choices and how did you reach your conclusion?   Answer Question
    • Be prepared to answer what other asset managers/finance job you are interviewing with   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

if they like your resume then the first step is to clear the hackerrank challenge within 2 days. There were 3 questions. Two of those questions are based on data structure/algorithm and the 3rd is on Javascript. After couple of days, i was called for the onsite interview. In that interview, there were again 3 rounds (2 technical & 1 HR). One of my technical interviewer was almost 20 minutes late so I had to give him/her the answer verbally due to time limitation. After that, blackrock provided lunch and gave a general presentation. After lunch and presentation, i was called for another round of technical interview.

BTW, I am writing this review just after onsite interview so i have not received any feedback from the company yet.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm & Data Structure (leetcode medium), Java basics including concurrency and typical HR questions.   Answer Question

Financial Market Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

phone interview. I submit the application and receive this phone interview round two weeks later. Most question is not genreral behavior question. This position requires certain technical or quantitative knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Your idea about MBS and 2008 financial crisis, some technical background check   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

First round with associates and second with team VP, the HR is not very responsive. Long waits between interviews. But interviewers are generally very nice. Not a lot of technical questions

Intern Interview

Interview

Part of Campus placement. First a programming test with MCQs, then technical interview and HR interview. The programming test covered all concepts of OOPS, DBMS and programming languages C++ and Java.

Interview Questions

• Find second largest entry in SQL.
      Reverse words in a sentence without using another string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The internship had 4 coding questions followed by a behavioural question. The Coding questions were all string manipulation questions and were very easy but time-consuming and the behavioural question asked you to record a video of yourself telling them which technology trend intrests you the most.

Interview Questions

• The coding question were all string manipulation questions.   Answer Question

BlackRock Response

Feb 7, 2020 – HR Communication Officer

Thank you for your feedback!

We’re constantly looking for ways to improve and we’ll take your point of view into consideration.

Head of Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. First he gave me an impromptu case study to solve over the phone. Mentioned he doesn’t look at resume because he wants to see how people think( management consulting background, engineer mind as he put it). He proceeded to inform me that he empowers by removing if someone doesn’t live up to his expectations because he manages 300 people and we are not here to collect dust. He said he is ruthless and he’s been like this since he was a child. In yet another golden nugget he mentioned that there are 2 kinds of people: doers and sales people and he proceeded to describe how the latter suck ( he is obviously a doer). He mentioned that he’s been in this job for 7 months ( promotion from other division) and is getting to the point where he is really dangerous ( I imagined his teeth on my throat and nearly passed out).