BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018
1,301 Interview Reviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I got a code assessment to solve. I did well and then moved to next step which is an invitation to interview event. I was surprised that they offered no reimbursement for travel. They expected me to travel from DC to Seattle and pay for the expenses myself!!! Ridiculous right! Of course, I refused. What kind of company expects applicants to pay around $1000 to get interviewed?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview process started with Hackerank. It has three problems to be solved, there was a time limit. Problems were neither easy not hard. I spent more time on first and second problems to make the solution efficient. So not too much time was available for the third one.
    Tip: watch the time. I cleared the test with some tests failing due to timeouts.

On-site has three steps
    1. First round several junior folks ask typical design and software engineering questions.
    2. Round two, senior engineers/team leads
    3. Round three, hiring manger interviews.

Interview Questions

• General software engineering questions.   1 Answer

Product Controller Interview

Interview

Phone interview for the first round. Not yet conduct . HR contacted first then the hiring manager conducted actual phone interview. So I cant say its going to difficult or easy interview process yet.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

It was 4 rounds in morning ,lunch and then 3 rounds in evening. Each round had a general question on my thoughts on certain things like java doc,agile process,design considerations and then a technical question. They interviewers were were knowledgeable and shared they thoughts and also very technically sound.
    The best way to prepare I would say is to got through amazon interview questions on leetcode.

Interview Questions

• 1)Verify if two nodes in graph have same parent or not
      2)LCA of a BST and Binary Tree
      3)Explain how merge sort works
      4)Buy Sell Stock Single Transaction
      5)In a array find all unique elements adding to a sum
      6)How Garbage Collections works. If A points to B and B points to A will they be collected[Yes]
      7)query find second highest salary employee
      8)Implement LRU in java
      9)If input is paragraph with punctuation's find the total no of distinct words,total no of words,word with highest count.
      10)Schema related question to create a product,ordering system and how to handle price changes and multiple count of same product in cart.
      And few more I forgot.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

1st round is a Hackerrank challenge.string problem,stock & array.Then they called for the super day in NY.It was hectic.Had 4 technical interviews in morn session.Then they shortlist candidates for afternoon session.Had another 3 rounds of interviews with 3 teams.Offer released 2 weeks from the interview.

Interview Questions

• String anagram,Multi-threading qns,core java,javascript,stack   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Philanthropy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. Asked general question about me, why blackrock and why philanthropy. Second interview had many more behavioral questions. Went through my resume in a lot of detail too.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

Introduction about ourselves first. Then some technical questions about math and programming and some concepts about finance, for instance, Cov, Var and so on. Then Q&A section and introduce the position to me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth and professional, and the recruiter seemed kind and intelligent. I thought it was a very interesting opportunity, but unfortunately I did not make it to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• Explain your reasons for choosing to work in this department   1 Answer

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was an in depth interview with very nice, clearly intelligent people. The process definitely made me more interested in working there. They created a very good atmosphere. I thought it was a very interesting opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the top legal risks you see facing the asset management industry?   Answer Question

Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

simple online interview with 2 prerecorded questions that were simple and wanted to know basic information about why you would like to work at blackrock and what you would bring to the team

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at blackrock? Another question was asking what I would bring to the Blackrock team? So two not so difficult questions so be prepared for that   Answer Question