BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2018
1,239 Interview Reviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

first of all, submit application materials, and then complete the virtual cover letter, only a few basic questoins. Second, i received the video interview and complete in the next few days.

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Hiring process went very long and interviews were technical questions based on purely resume and educational background. First round and second round seemed similar, just that in second round there were two interviewrs in video call.

Interview Questions

• It was one of the technical questions based on my resume.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to the position through my campus portal and got invited to an online code screen within the week. There was no time limit on the screen, just 4 java questions which were not too difficult. The most time consuming part was breaking down the raw input.

Two months later I was invited for a super day/in-person interview. There were 4 interviews, 2 technical and 2 behavioral. I had 2 very personable interviewers and i thought my interviews went well. However, the interviewer for one of the behavioral interviews seemed disinterested in the interview from the moment he stepped in. He was on his phone all the time and barely paid attention to my responses. He did not seem to have interest in getting to know me and just went through a disconnected laundry list of online interview questions. The only response he paid slight attention to, was a technical question.

I had competing offers to respond to so I tried reaching out to the recruiter on multiple occassions but never got a response. I heard back via an automated email, three weeks after the interview.

Overall, I had a great time interviewing with most of the interviewers and the screen was fun. However, I found the process slow, had no point of contact, and had the most unprofessional interview experience.

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Mostly Algorithms questions similar to those on leetcode and some details about c++ language. Interviewed by 5 different people who were mostly quite friendly. Good interview. No offer because I did not solve enough questions in time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

30 minute video interview with a current employer containing a resume review, behavioral questions, then a few technical questions to test your coding experience. Detailed various data structures in technical questions and best optimization for each situation.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use to build a parking lot.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone screen with two interviewers. The first guy was pretty cool and nice. The second interviewer was less than tactful. His first question was why I was applying to this position even though I live in another state and I should apply to another company. His demeanor suggested that he already rejected me before any questions started. This experience ruined the entire interview for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

It starts with a digital cover letter where you have to record yourself. They ask two basic questions (why blackrock? etc2). After that, there was a video interview with the usual behavioral questions. After that I got invited to a superday where I spoke with 4 different people. Overall, everyone's really nice and it was a pleasant experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in February 2018.

Interview

I initially applied for a Wealth Advisory National Accounts position, however, after a 2 virtual interviews (1 with a VP and 1 with a Director) and a super day (All VPs) I was told I didn’t make the cut. Despite that, they asked me if I would like to be considered for a Wealth Advisory Sales position, to which I immediately said yes. I completed the super day interviews (All VPs) and was offered the position the next day. It was a long, exhausting but very rewarding process. All recruiters and POC individuals were very professional and apologetic for the delays.

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Interview

Interview

resume drop = 5 minute HireView cover letter 1. what differentiates blackrock 2. why blackrock. month later received invitation to sign up for interview slot for the next day. 30 minute interview with VP.

Interview Questions

• what is happening in asset management industry, what is blackrock's role in the ecosystem, blackrock's AUM, why PAG, how does Aladdin work, what is blackrock's business model, implications of interest rates   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

This is a 30 min virtual interview. The interviewer asked me lots of behavior questions (almost no technical question). After the interview, I waited for about half a month to get the response.