Books-A-Million Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Books-A-Million Interview Questions

Interviews at Books-A-Million

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Orlando, FL) in November 2019.

Interview

Quick and easy. Walked in and immediately had an associate call the manager and was able to start the interview. Got hired on the spot and was a fairly lax environment.

Seasonal Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million in October 2019.

Interview

I had a fairly casual meeting with the assistant manager, who was very nice & rather conversational, which put many of my nerves at ease. We discussed my resume & interests a bit before I was asked if I was familiar with their programs & if I would be comfortable selling those magazines & memberships. She told me that their hiring process typically includes a second interview & she told me I should familiarize myself with the membership & magazine information. I didn't hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you learned today?   1 Answer
    • How would you learn the pitch for selling the memberships/magazines?   1 Answer

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

I wasn't asked many questions. I was told more so about what the job entailed and I asked a few questions of my own to make sure I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your background with sales?   1 Answer

Bookseller and Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Cleveland, OH) in September 2019.

Interview

Met with the store manager; was told about the position in detail, asked why I was interested in BAM. Good interview; the manager was very direct about what the role entailed, and explained the metrics.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in BAM.   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

Very comfortable conversation about books. Interview took place in the coffee shop in a relaxed atmosphere. I was told in detail about the store and what day to day operations would be like.

Book Seller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

The manager of the store forgot mistaken the time for my interview. And therefore was VERY unprepared. She went to the back to find my resume but couldn’t so just came back.

Basically I was asked about the stuff that were on my resume. Like my previous jobs, how long I worked there.

The only thing different that she asked me was why I wanted to work here and that I’d be working the cafe from time to time.

It’s been 2 weeks and I still haven’t heard back from them yet :/

Interview Questions

• “Why do you want to work at books a million?”   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Interview

very easy interview. took less than 15 minutes. offered a higher paying and full time job position right there, even though that was not typical. great and light energy during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been overwhelmed at any of your previous jobs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2019.

Interview

Well we started off at the cafe and the hiring manager gave us a paper to fill out (it was 4 candidates) and when we finished the we proceeded to go to the back and we saw another hiring manager and they just asked us question and it went around in a circle. After that portion was done they called us in one by one to sell a discount card to them and they said they will give me a call if they want to move forward or not. They ended up calling me a few days later and asked me to come in for a second interview but they rescheduled and then they was like the manager was gone call and ask some questions but that never happened lol.. I then had got another call saying that they are going to move forward with me and look out for an email.. I’m currently waiting for my screening to clear

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you took a constructive criticism and how did you make it better.   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Florence, AL).

Interview

I applied online for a “Bookseller” role. During my initial in-person interview, I expressed interest in a “Co-Manager” role opening up. I came back several days later to interview for this position. Management seemed confident in my recovering this position and excited for me to come on board. I was told that I would have a final interview within a few days. Almost two weeks later, I still hadn’t heard back.

While my interviewers were very polite and respectful, they didn’t actually interview me. Rather, they talked about the expectations of the position the entire time.

By the time my final interviewer contacted me, I had accepted a different position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Besides the typical “tell me about yourself” I wasn’t asked any questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Morristown, TN) in February 2019.

Interview

I tried to leave a good impression and came in early but they had me walk around the store until it was the exact time for my interview despite not being busy and spent that time conversing about their personal lives. During the interview, the manager was very friendly. They told me from the start that the job is very focused on selling the reward's cards and they make it clear that they want you to be pushy about it. I thought I would try for the job as a book-lover, but the interview made it obvious that this is more the type of job for someone enthusiastic about sales.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to sell me this pair of scissors, how would you pitch them to me?   Answer Question