Books-A-Million Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Houston, TX).

Interview

After filling out the online application, you get a call back to schedule an interview. The first interview is with an assistant manager. They ask you basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, when would you be available, etc. After that you, if they liked you, you will have an interview with the general manager who will ask about the same questions but you will go into more depth about your skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

What would you consider your biggest strength?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Salina, KS).

Interview

You sit down with the assistant manager for the normal interview questions. They then go over the job requirements if hired. Ask you why you want to work at a bookstore. Ask you to "sell" your favorite book to them. If they liked you, you get a second interview set up with the general manager of the location. They ask you the exact same questions as the first interview. They go deeper into the explanation of the job requirements. If they you, youre background check is run. If you pass, youre offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (New Bern, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line back in March and heard nothing, so I reapplied in August. Two days later, I printed out my resume, walked in the store, and asked to speak to the manager. The assistant manager was there so I spoke to her, and she arranged a second interview with the general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Aiken, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

I first meet with the assistant manager who asks basic interview questions. I guess he liked me enough to where he sends the general manager to speak to me. The general manager asked me some of the same questions and he went into detail about the job and what it requires along with its benefits. I assumed they both liked me since the assistant manager came back and told me they would send me an email for a background check.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned in the last 7 days?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Stroudsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (East Stroudsburg, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well. The manager was friendly and made sure to make me feel comfortable as this was my first interview. We talked about my favorite books and areas of interest and what my duties would be if I were hired. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Montgomery, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very simple, laid back. One of the most easy interviews I've ever had to do. Make sure that you have a lot of general knowledge on BAM! in general, because that was asked of me in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BAM! ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Pleasant. Lasted approximately thirty minutes. Asked several leading questions: why did I think I would be good in this position; why did I want to work in this position; did I think I could do this position.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Books a Million?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

I went to an open interview- I had to wait a long time, but the interview was probably only 15 minutes once we sat down. The guy was friendly and casual- and the questions weren't too hard. After that, I got a call a week later asking for me to come in again. I met with the manager and she explained the position and compensation to me. Then I submitted a background check, and when that went through, I got a call with an official offer. Have patience and don't get down if it's taking a long time. They might still be working on it and be busy.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you've mad at a past job and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite of the jobs you've had?   Answer Question
    • Other than liking books and media, what makes you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Columbia, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Walked in, waited about 3 minutes, met up with the assistant manager, and sat down outside of the store for the remainder of the interview. Interview was very pleasant and had no sort of unreasonable questions. Got a second interview with the manager and that was a bit harder. However, that one was also quite pleasant. They told me what was expected of me, had me submit to a background check, and sent me on my way to wait for it to clear.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Concord, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

50 minute interview, interviewer was laid back, felt very comfortable. Most of the time was spent explaining the job details and expectations for selling membership cards. Basic interview questions asked, nothing too tricky. I was offered the job one week later. Good, informal, casual conversation that went well. This was a position that I was prepared to apply for, and my previous experience working of volunteering helped me to get the job.

Interview Questions

• At what times are you available to work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me one thing you learned this week.   1 Answer