Bridgewater Associates Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 623 of over 623 interviews

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Highly efficient and candid. One of the most enjoyable recruiting experiences. Except for the phone screening, which was about motivation and backgrounds, all rounds were centered around discussions about open ended questions. Highly intellectually stimulating

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

First entails a phone interview, a basic highlight your weaknesses call. After that was a more in depth interview with more critical thinking questions. Other than that just expect them to make you feel uncomfortable

Interview Questions
  • Fermi estimation in second round
    Answer Question

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Applied online. Met with HR representative for 10-15 minutes, mostly a casual conversation with some behavioral questions to gauge interest, then talked about the hiring process. Did not move through to the next step.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

The initial discussion and questions were with executive assistants at the office in Westport, and then followed up with a son of the principal in question The EAs let their gate keeper attitude go to their heads; the son was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • If you didn't know how something should be done, what would you do?

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Interview questions were essentially debate prompts. I was asked about my stance on a topic and had to defend or concede objections that the interviewers brought up. There were 2 rounds, with two interviewers in each. I think usually there is a group interview, but not in my recruiting cycle because of covid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

First round was a 2 hour group discussion about a philosophy problem. Second round was a 45 minute discussion about a philosophy / politics question. Final round was the same as second round.

Interview Questions
  • If you could press a button and everyone alive currently would live forever, would you and way? Should the United States government provide economic compensation for individuals who lose jobs due to automation?

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Two rounds with debate tournament like prompts, no technical investment knowledge required. What matters is your ability to respond to their criticism of your arguments and the clarity of your frameworks when approaching a question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY)

Interview

Interview process was 4 rounds total, with one designated to being strictly a culture conversation. Overall, the process is thoughtful, intense, and intentional. The questions are thought provoking and there were brainteasers and an excel case study, even for a back office role. However, I appreciated this as it does a good job of testing logical thinking and reasoning, there are no fewer surprises when they hire someone.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle criticism?
  • Would you be okay telling your boss he/she was wrong?
  • Name a time I was directly criticized and what I did to overcome
  • I get a random call from a trader today asking if something they want to do is OK and no one is available for me to ask for help. What do I do?

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

There's a group discussion and then a one on one (or a two on one). Minimal focus on actual finance (they believe they'll have to re-teach everything anyway), so the discussions are about broader socio-political or sometimes ethical questions. Focus is on the ability to systematically explain your thinking ("what's your framework?") Having a super clear reasoning tree is helpful.

Interview Questions
  • They actually let interviewees suggest their own questions sometimes.

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Online application - takes 2 months to get interview first round - telephone interview second round - case study I think recruiting process is quite fluid in BW - I also asked my other friends - they had totally different experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 623 Interviews