Bridgewater Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

1. Featured Interview

Business Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

It was lengthy but it seemed like they took the time to really get to know you. It was an all day thing but they had lunch for you, it was set up into three parts where they tested out more of the way you think than the knowledge or skills that you had. that made me feel better about it all because they were basing it on the way that you thought not what you knew.

Interview Questions

• Everything ended with a why? or a how? like why did you do this or how did you come up with that answer   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

The hiring managers were great and very responsive. The interview itself was extremely uncomfortable. It was clear the individual interviewing me was putting me under pressure to see how I would act. They read into everything that I said. Extremely uncomfortable and ultimately not the right role for me, especially as an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and how did you fix it   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Online video interview with 7 or so questions that had to be answered in real time within a time limit. Multiple personality tests done online. Then on-site logic and math quizzes, group discussion, and an individual part.

Interview Questions

• How long would it take to eat all the food in a grocery store?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview process began with a video screen, then a first round, then a networking session if invited to final round, then a final round the following day. The process was very structured and fit in with what my peers had told me about how "culty" (not necessarily negative) they were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your story. What led you to apply here? Essentially, tell us why you're here in this room right now and why we should care   Answer Question

Security Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT).

Interview

First phone screen went well, mostly a behavioral interview examining my career and how I'd respond to certain situations.
    Second phone screen fell off a cliff. Interviewer was arrogant and combative from the start. We mutually agreed this wouldn't be a good fit after five minutes. By far the most unprofessional interview experience I've had.

Interview Questions

• Questions were stump the dummy, something you'd expect from someone coming through a campus program.   Answer Question

Trading Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, submitted application, received video interview 3 days later. Pending response. Very generic behavioral / background questions followed by culture-specific questions and opportunity to ask them questions and fill in any gaps missed by the questioning.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of the role? How long would it take for a person to eat all of the food in a grocery store?   Answer Question

Trading Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Applied for the job online, invited to participate in a video interview. Question would come up on the screen and I had a set amount of time to record a response. Primarily fit questions, questions about the role, etc.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Norwalk, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long. You speak with a recruiter and then a phone interview with the head of the department and then you go in for a long, manipulative interview where you wonder if they have confused you with another candidate. I was very surprised by how unprofessional the interviewer was. I researched Bridgewater, watched a ton of videos on their "culture" and memorized the job description. I was well prepared, but apparently that is frowned upon here and I was accused of being too confident. This place is bizarre and confusing.. and apparently crying isn't uncommon. I am only saying that Glassdoor was not helpful in the interview process, because nothing was. Not even how I was prepared from the recruiter. I'm amazed this place even has employees.

Interview Questions

• They tear you apart and twist what you're saying. They want you to ask a ton of questions, but barely give you the opportunity.   2 Answers

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

Series of phone screens including psychological and petsonality interview. Each took quite a bit of time to complete. Additionally a skills set of questions and walk through of my CVS.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT).

Interview

3 rounds: resume, personality test and final interview. Final interview consisted of a group discussion and two personal interviews. Group discussion involved digging deep into a socially relevant topic that had no obvious right/wrong answer

Interview Questions

• Talk about your life experiences, your goals and achievements and the motivations behind them   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Was contacted via linkedin (with no explanation of why they reached out, my profile is sparse). Had a screening phone interview that was standard (run through your resume) but was never provided details on what role I was being considered for. Was selected for a full day interview (still no direct role info). The full day involved watching many videos on corporate culture and the rational behind it, a small group discussion and a case.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to provide very critical feedback to someone you consider a friend?   Answer Question