Bright Horizons Family Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

It started with a phone screening where I was asked basic questions. After the phone screening the recruiter sent me different locations in my area that were looking for full-time positions. I chose one and the recruiter sent my information on to the director of the school. The director contacted me and scheduled a person-to-person interview and asked me a lot of questions about my teaching strategies, how I deal with children, what I enjoyed most, etc. All basic questions. The director was very warm and excited to have me there. I had good experiences and she toured me around the campus. After, I was invited for an interactive interview to see how I did amongst the children I interviewed for. Then I was asked more questions and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had a conflict with a co-worker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Omaha, NE).

Interview

First, I applied at a different nearby location and the regional manager called me and referred me to another center that would work better with my schedule. Then that center called me for a phone interview. They just kept asked similar questions which I didn't really know the answers to be I said that I was willing to learn. I have now been there 2ish years!

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call asking some brief questions and told that I would be hearing from the school director in a few days. The Director called and we spoke briefly and set up an in-person interview and my information was passed on to the director at another center that will be sharing me with the main school. I interviewed with the second center and was hired a week later

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a teacher?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Fairfax, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was then called to set up an in person interview at the center. I went for my interview and then was asked to come back another day to observe a few of the classrooms. After the second visit, I was told I would hear from them within a week....two and a half months later they called me to offer me a job (by that time I had obviously moved on and already accepted another job).

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I entered the office of the establishment and sat in between the two administrators/supervisors of the branch. I was asked about my resume that I had attached to my letter of interest. We visited each section of the resume before moving to questions regarding family life and school, and discussed projected pay wage. Finally ending with some questions about personal skills involving childcare including settlement of disputes, and values of education and adult child interaction. After this we proceeded to do the interactive portion of the interview, which consisted of me going into a child classroom and teaching for a short duration of time, before going back into the office and closing out the interview.

Interview Questions

• How much are you expecting to be paid (Hourly)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Orange, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Very short. Asked normal questions. Why child care, what would you do if a child was biting others, are you a patient person. What I thought was odd was they asked if I had ever made my own curriculum. As an assistant teacher's aide I didn't think that would be necessary. There were a lot of interruptions during the interview because they were short staffed, it was mentioned breaks were late, had to ask people to stay longer than their shifts. Seemed very unorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a very long process, WEEKS!. The first step is the phone interview, then a meet in interview. The last interview, one interacts with the children. It was very unprofessional on the company's part because they make one do all this work and convince you that you're most likely going to get the job. They tell you they will call you back and then they never do. Even if you don't get the job one should at least have the courtesy to email you instead of giving you false hopes. The recruiter was no help either. They said they will update you on your job process and then they never do. Very disappointed especially because the people they do hire are not even professionals with higher education etc and one that has those requirements don't get the job? It's a joke.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

A joke. Applied online, then I was dealing w/a recruiter who did a phone interview. Got e-mailed information about the in-person. The in person was ridiculously LONG (group interview). Barely any info about the position was given except that there were 3 jobs available. [Side note: Interviewed w/a group of 5, heard that after us she had another interview group] After the interview the scatterbrain tells us that we will come in for trial asap. I got a call back (assumed that was a good sign, not knowing they call EVERYONE back). She said it would be 30 mins in each room - was much longer. The head teacher wasn't in the room half the time. Did my best anyways. Recruiter asked for follow up, sent out email never heard from her. Long story short: they must have very specific desires for their staff b/c out of 10 people they obviously picked none of us. Saw the posting for the same job on Craigslist about a week later. No common decency to tell candidates they were not chosen. Also saw a listing for the position of the same woman who interviewed us on CL. Sloppy place. If you have 2 days to waste try them out.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience doing lesson plans? What would you do if a child bites?
      How would you deal with transitions from one activity to another?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotrun, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Scotrun, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call and was asked questions at the wrong timing. It was a phone interview straight off the bat, thought if I had a phone interview that I would be able to set up a time. I sadly did not get pass this point of the process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an issue within your classroom, and if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Interview

I went to their job fair and then interviewed with two others with a Recruiter Coordinator. I then was referred to a site to meet with the director of the center. The interview was straight forward with a tour included. There were no surprises in the interview. Last, they had an interactive interview where I was in each grade level classroom for a half hour so they could monitor my interaction with the kids. It was fairly an easy process. Extensive background checks though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked me how much I was getting paid and how much I wanted. They gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Fort Belvoir, VA).

Interview

Apply online. Go in and fill out the paperwork. Sit down with one of the administrators and interview. Most questions are about your experience with children and teaching. Nothing too tricky in the interview