Bright Horizons Family Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Nanny Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Birmingham, AL) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was a easy process. I interviewed with the coordinator, supervisor and the hiring manager. Each interview was a phone interview. The interview process took approximately two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a child who is having a tantrum?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Standard process: phone screens with HR then the Hiring Manager, followed by a final-round in-person with four people. The process itself was fine but they ghosted me after the last interview. If someone is taking the time to prepare for you and come in, taking the time to thank the company, it is unacceptable for the company to not get back to a person with the outcome. Ideally they would email all final-round candidates, as a courtesy, but at the very least respond to those that send a follow-up. Don't bother being nice at the beginning if you can't follow through to the end with that same courtesy. Very rude and unprofessional HR people here in the Watertown corporate office. I expect ghosting behaviour from an adolescent, not from a company who claims to have respect as a core value.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

2 phone interviews. It was pretty straightforward. The first one was a briefly introduction to the company and as the interviewer went through the resume, she asked several simple questions. The second one was more detailed, my supervisor asked several behavior questions, and also asked about my experiences.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

Took awhile to actually get the interview scheduled via the recruiter, but the actual event was straight forward, involved an hour or so in the classroom and a brief interview. Heard back within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Example of a developmentally appropriate activity for infants and toddlers.   Answer Question

Curriculum Specialist Interview

Interview

In person interview with four people on leadership team. Asked 5 pages of questions from corporate and followed up with a thirty minute classroom observation where they followed uo by asking my thoughts on the classroom environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a coworker broke the rules and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

First a Bright Horizons Representative/Recruiter will call for a phone screening. It is mostly general personality/get to know you questions. Then if you pass a background check, you will be scheduled for an in-person interview. Formal dress attire. Half was with the director, and the other was being observed in the classroom.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to conflict within the classroom?   Answer Question

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

I was an internal applicant, already working at Bright Horizons in another state. I contacted the areas recruiter and put my resume into a few positions. My recruiter was awesome telling me different jobs I could be great for. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone call with the center director. The director informed me of the next steps after our interview that I would also interview with the regional manager. I had my interview with the regional manager the following week, only lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was offered the job the week following the interview with the RM.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

Interview process was very quick and to the point. Answered situational questions, past experiences, etc. There was also a follow up classroom interview where you were placed in a classroom and interacted with the children and teachers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in childcare or working with children age 0-5?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in October 2019.

Interview

initially I took a screening phone call, then took an hour interview in person and filled out a bunch of paper , and observing interview by working in the class for a couple hours at last.

Interview Questions

• why do you apply for the position of teaching assistant?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

After applying for the job I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. That person was very helpful. Then I set up an in-person interview with a regional manager and management staff at a location. The interview was thorough and handled very well. The in-person interview took around an hour and a half.

Associate Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, she was very very nice. She asked me which locations I'd prefer. I met with the Director of the one I chose. Then went on two separate working interviews at two different locations. Director did not observe me in either.