CGI Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI Software Developer Interview Questions

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in March 2017.

Interview

Met at a career fair then had a general interview with a senior manager about my experience. Was then offered to travel to their company campus for a series of three more technical interviews. The first interview was easy and I am waiting to do the other three.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a good leader? Work well in groups? Languages I know?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lafayette, LA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair, and received an on campus interview through my college with a software developer project lead. He asked about my project history, what technologies i'm familiar with, and basic behavioral questions. I was then asked to travel to their company for 2nd round interviews and met with various people, senior software developers, HR, marketing analysts, etc. I then had 2 more brief interviews, one with HR for behavior analysis, and another with a senior project lead to go into more depth about my experience and what languages and microservices I was familiar and comfortable with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX).

Interview

All day affair. Group meeting with three individual interviews. One technical. They did reimburse me gas money and some others stayed in hotels. Several different positions being interviewed. There was no phone screening, just called and asked for a whole day. Spent most of the hearing why the company is great, first from an exec then from HR rep. Provided lunch with current employees, some of whom seemed less than eager to talk to us in exchange for their deli sandwich. Then three interviews and a long drive home.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns whether or not a number is prime.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Its awesome. They focused mostly on previous projects and how confident you are.
    first round was telephonic, pure technical. After that its lead, manegerail and sm.
    I'm impressed by the way they way panel has conducted interview.

Thanks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the initial on-campus interview through a university career fair. It was a informal and non-technical. A week later there was a set of three followup interviews on-site. One behavioral, one technical, and one about experience and qualifications that included one simple coding question. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The technical interview had three simple coding questions and a few general knowledge questions that were mostly about object-oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral questions were about times when I was in a certain situation and how I handled it. Those were harder for me than the coding questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

I had previously applied for this job listing, but put a salary range in closer to what I was currently earning. I did not receive a response. About 2-3 months later, I came across the posting again and applied for it again, this time entering a lower salary. I got the interview this time. You can never be sure, of course, with how candidates are selected, but I was suspicious that they were looking to fill at a relatively low cost.

The HR person emailed me and set up a screening interview via phone with her. Typical stuff, though there was one of those awkward "company culture" type of questions - something to the effect of "What are your 3 most important things?". I asked for clarification, but she (half-heartedly) said they leave it open-ended on purpose. I think she thought it was pretty pointless, too.

I was subsequently invited to interview with the development team. I was scheduled to speak with 4 people - group manager, project manager, technical manager, and team member. As it turned out, only the PM was in the office. The other 3 I spoke to via phone. This particular CGI team had many remote members, meaning I would be able to work from home (a good thing).

I thought the interview went pretty well. The people seemed to like working for CGI. A recurrent theme they kept bringing up was the flexibility of the company - work location, hours, work-life balance, etc. The benefits were typical for a large company - I don't recall anything that stood out either way.

As far as the job itself, it was clear that I was over-qualified for the position. I'm pretty certain this was their thinking, too. We never discussed salary, but I doubted that it would be in the range I was seeking.

The HR person sent me an email the next week saying that they had actually decided to close the position for the time being. My guess is that it was kind of a "luxury" position - they could have used another set of hands on the project, but only if they could get someone competent at a bargain price.

I responded by thanking the HR person for the time and if there was any constructive feedback from those that interviewed me. I never received a response, which I didn't think was terribly professional. I certainly wasn't expecting her to send me back a lengthy and thorough analysis, but even a minimal acknowledgement (a sentence or two) would have been more appropriate.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer kept hammering away on formal procedures/methodologies (CMMI, ISO 9000), kind of belaboring the point.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kakinada (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Kakinada (India)).

Interview

They visited our campus for recruting btech 2017 pass outs . total 500 students appeared and finally 58 got offer. written exam was been conducted by elitmus platform paper being prepared by cgi itself

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

It took whole day for just one round of interview. I came to know after dropping so many mails and calling HR's that I am shortlisted. Second round was just managerial round, not that much technical, asked project related and technology related stuff. I answered them very well. Again I need to drop so many mails and need to call HR to check whether I am selected for the further round. They said you are rejected.

By interviewing in CGI one thing is clear that HR's are very irresponsible and even I asked the feedback why I am rejected , asked many times , but they didn't inform me.

So guys I would say don't waste your time .

Interview Questions

• (1) First round was basic CSS3/angularJS question.
      (2) Second round was a managerial round almost after one month , asked project related work and was just checking my knowledge on technology.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CGI (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward.One F2F Round followed by technical.Panel was ok. Easy interview.Good experience.then next day I got Call From HR for Project managerial round .It was also a easy round.

Software Developers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

In-person it phone question and answers. Questions on general work history and team fitness prefers technical suitability questions.
    Interview involves an architect and a manager. May also involve hr.
    Someone contacts you to make an offer within a short period and if you accept, fix a tentative start date to allow room for background check.

Interview Questions

• Usually based on the core technologies claimed on your resume or required at the job site for which you ar being interviewed.   Answer Question