CGI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,423 Interview Reviews

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

First there was a phone call with the recruiter/HR person then an in person interview with 2 current employees. I found the interview process thorough and it also had many elements of two way communication in which I was able to ask questions and clarify the job and my experience as it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenging situation.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

If anything, I think I'm overqualified for the position. During the interview, I introduced the concept of DevOp to the interviewers and I'm surprised that they have never heard of the term. I tried to explain the concept to them, but they're obviously confused of what I was saying. I remember having to repeat myself at least 3 times, yet they kept asking me the same question repeatedly. I also introduced some of the newer technologies such as .NET Core, Visual Studio Team Services, Functions, Serverless etc. to which they appeared to be disinterested. I also offered ideas on saving cost and improve efficiency but I guess they just preferred to maintain status quo. Oh well...

Interview Questions

Interview

Recruiter seems to have a pool of candidates which they contact on staffing requirements. When contacted it was via an initial phone screen. This was then followed by in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to proceed through process to obtain a clearance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through my University. Process took 3 - 4 weeks. I had a phone screen, two behavioral interviews, and then a decision. The interview process was very straight forward, and the recruiter was very transparent and established a clear line of communication.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle having an assignment where its nature changed at the last minute?   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

They will request you to fill you the form with all your details. And then communication based technical round in which basic L1 and Networking questions were asked. But please refer "firewall.cx" So that you may easily crack. And they asked me to leave for the day to wait for an HR call. Be patient and just answer the questions in the way you know.

Interview Questions

• what is the expansion of PING command   1 Answer
    • What is an VPN?   1 Answer
    • when you start outlook, If your application says file corrupted, How will you sort out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Got invited to an on-campus interview. after 20 days they will send email to you and invite you to second round interview if you do well on the first one. the second round was an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• what is your advantage? how did it apply to your experience?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Two step interview process consisted on getting an on-campus interview and then going to Fairfax to proceed in 2 interviews which lasted 30 minutes each. They reached out after 2 weeks and gave a final decision, very surprised to have been declined. The first interviewer was very easy going while the second was only focused on what languages I knew.

Interview Questions

• Very behavioral questions, focused on which languages I knew (coding)   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied after speaking with them at the career fair on campus. It was for the Belton office, however they did say that after a few years it is common for students to pursue either the Austin or Dallas offices afterwards.

Got selected for the first round interview, which was held on campus and was a single round of technical type questions and a little of a resume review.

The second (final) round was an invitation to come on-site after about a week later from the campus interview. That was a sit around session going over the benefits of the company, as well as more about them and the client and projects they are on.

Then you will go through 3-types of interviews:
    > A quick thinking round where you will be asked a series of questions related to CGI and have to respond quickly / as well as forming why you fit into their core values.
    > A general behavior based interview (with more technical review questions).
    > A review of the role that fits you the best at CGI.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied at my school's career fair and then had a in person screening with HR. After that, I was invited to interview on-site. The interview consisted of 3 rounds with 3 different directors. The first one was extremely rude and condescending of my experience. Due to THEIR lack of communication with HR, he thought I was there for the business analyst role. When I told him I was there for the entry-level Applications developer, he was uninterested in the conversation. I was still able to answer all the questions he asked. The second one, in the 30 minute span I was with him, he left 3 times. On top of that, he was off topic the whole interview, he kept asking about products of my current employee and whether or not he should buy them. He even had a separate note pad to write down what I was saying. The last one was nice, but I had told them that I was intent on pursuing my career in development. Two weeks later, I got the rejection email. The first two directors were unprofessional so I'm actually kind of glad I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• All behavior questions. Only thing remotely technical was what the SDLC is.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (San Marcos, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via email and attended a interview on campus. I went to career services at the University where I had to wait a while to be attended by a CGI recruiter. It was an overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CGI?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone sreen using on-line application to implement algorithm tasks.
    I've been given 2 tasks to implement.
    Strong preparatioin required, it's not enought time to implement the task, if you see it first time during the phone screen.