CGI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,193 Interview Reviews

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

First there was a phone call with the recruiter/HR person then an in person interview with 2 current employees. I found the interview process thorough and it also had many elements of two way communication in which I was able to ask questions and clarify the job and my experience as it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenging situation.   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Albany, NY).

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter about 2 days after I applied online. Set up an interview for within a week. The interview was very comfortable with 2 staff members. I heard back with an offer than evening.

Interview Questions

• If I had any knowledge regarding HUD and section 8 housing.   Answer Question

Entry Level SQL Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

applied through employee referral, had a Skype interview after 1 week , the employee asked some basic questions in SQL, it went for 15 odd minutes and got feedback in 2 days

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I applied using the internet, at indeed, then one of the representative has contacted me and asked me if which location I am interested and I told my interest through the email. after several weeks he send me an email for an interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Interviewed on a University campus with a current employee and was asked back for an interview about two weeks later in their main office where I talked with two employees and the HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Name one difficulty you encountered and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Lafayette, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

Brought on-site to interview for 3 hours; interviewed in a group by a panel while being fed lunch and then individually with two different employees; was also given a tour of the facility and discussed employee benefits. Very informative experience-got a good feel for company culture and day-to-day operations

Interview Questions

• If you are trying to judge if a closed barrel is above or below half-full of water without a measuring tool, what do you do?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview round, and after that I was scheduled for an in person interview. So I went in and talked to two interviewers, one after another at their office.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Great interview with HR person. Technical interview was a little harder but productive. Discussing the different programming languages and main concepts that guide them. All in all it was a great experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

2 step process- (1) on campus interview, (2) on site interview.

(1) Very generic 30 minute interview. Mostly behavioral questions.

(2) Two presentations, lunch, and three, 30 minute interviews back to back. Presentations provided a lot of background about CGI and the benefits they offer. Lunch was a good opportunity to talk to recent hires. The interviews were mostly technical in nature. One is pure technical IT/programming based knowledge, one is logical scenario, and the third is sort of a mixture. For me, two out of the three were really interactive. While you should definitely prepare, just know I didn't know a single answer for their technical questions, but I still got an offer. I think they're testing how you'll react while gauging how much you do know about the IT industry.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose your college and major? Walk me through the process   1 Answer
    • 1. Define object oriented language   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a CGI recruiter at a university career event. A couple of weeks later I received an invitation to interview at the company's facility in Lebanon, Virginia, along with several other applicants to the position.

First, we attended a presentation about CGI, what the company does, and what kind of benefits it offers. Secondly, we met with a few new hires and they showed us around the office, and answered any questions we had about the job and company. Then, we had a series of interviews. We each had three 30-minute interviews with different people in the office. They asked questions about our experience, our technical knowledge, and so on while also allowing us to ask them questions. Finally, we had to fill out a short form with general information (our expected salary, when we could start, which office we wanted to work at, etc.) and then we were free to leave. Overall, the interview took about 3 hours.

They said they would let us know if we were given the job or not within 7-10 days. It's been close to three weeks since the interview and I still haven't heard back from them, despite my contacting them to inquire about the status of my application. Overall the interview process was good and not too difficult, but to me it's very rude and unprofessional to never tell someone if they didn't receive the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you slice a cake in order to make eight slices, if you can only slice it three times?   1 Answer

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I contacted my campus recruiter via email and from there was set up with a phone interview of about 30 minutes. At the end of the call she informed me I was being invited to the on-site interview round at CGI Federal in Fairfax, VA and would receive an email from another recruiter. After this point, their HR began to seem very unorganized. The on-site interview invitation email had three possible dates to choose from to schedule. Two of the dates had errors and listed the incorrect day for the numerical date on the calendar so I had to email back to confirm what the actual dates were. The email stated you must respond within 48 hours. It took a full 48 hours (plus weekend time) for the recruiter to get back to me confirming the correct dates. In response I scheduled my date being very clear with the full date and time and a travel requirements document. Over 10 days went by before I was sent the interview confirmation, only to see that the incorrect date was again listed for my interview day. (Had the correct day of the week but wrong date). Additionally, there was no travel itinerary attached which the body of the email stated there would be. Once again, I responded trying to clarify and confirm my interview day. Fast forward to four days before the interview was scheduled to take place, I get an email from the recruiter wanting to confirm that I will still be able to make it on x day and it is wrong again still! After correcting him, he sends a confirmation finally with the correct date later that day but still no travel itinerary (aka hotel I would be staying at the night before the interview). The travel itinerary comes in an email literally 24 hours before the interview, only several hours before I need to start driving to Fairfax.
    Finally, day of the interview. First off, there are two CGI offices in Fairfax so make sure to use the address of CGI Federal because I was put up in a hotel right next to the other CGI office which is slightly misleading and confusing if you're not careful. The interview process itself was fine, everyone every friendly, lunch provided and information session. They hand you off to two separate interviewers for 30 minute rounds which got a little disorganized with the number of interviewees. For example, I was waiting 10-15 by myself for my second interview because the interviewer ran over time with the last person whereas some people had a seamless exchange. Completely behavioral interview with managers and people in similar positions as you're applying for, my second interviewer was very young and used a sheet of questions to ask and seemed less experience with interviews than the previous person. At first they had the wrong position for me so I had to inform her I was not aware I was applying for that but in the end they say they place you into whatever role they think would best suit you. Original recruiter ran the interview day and info session and said they would try to get offer decisions out within two weeks. Two weeks passed and I had not heard and knew others at my school had so I assumed I was not getting an offer but still reached out to the recruiter for an update. Four days and no response.
    Basically, they suck with communication and this isn't only based on my experience with them but other people I've talked to as well who interviewed and even those who did receive offers. I think they try to do a good job and have good intentions but may need some more staff to support them. Email responses either took forever or would be in 5 minutes so I think they also may be negligent to only respond when they know it's urgent. The mistake with the dates was off putting because how hard is it to read a calendar and proofread your emails especially when they're concerning scheduling? Despite all of this, it seemed like they would be a good company to work for overall. Personally I have no idea what they base offer decisions off of because the interviews were very relaxed for all the candidates so it was difficult to feel like you did anything "wrong" during it. If you're someone who likes prompt responses and professionalism, it may be a nuisance to deal with this company at some points of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If you had a mission statement for yourself what would it be?   Answer Question