CGI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,522 Interview Reviews

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

First there was a phone call with the recruiter/HR person then an in person interview with 2 current employees. I found the interview process thorough and it also had many elements of two way communication in which I was able to ask questions and clarify the job and my experience as it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenging situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Lafayette, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

They were very friendly and had relevant questions to the field. The interviewer was very knowledgeable about the subject, and was open to explaining any question that I did not fully understand. Both the coordinator and interviewer were professional, but friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Had initial HR phone interview to get general information, they then set up two separate technical phone interviews with people on projects in my area, finally they set up a 1 on 1 site interview with a director that is on the project I would be on. I got positive reviews on all these pieces and am hoping that I will be at the negotiating stage shortly.

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lawton, OK) in January 2013.

Interview

In person interview that consisted of a coding test that was to be on paper. Very basic coding questions. I had to interview with each of the hiring managers. They were all structured in what they asked

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Albany, NY).

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter about 2 days after I applied online. Set up an interview for within a week. The interview was very comfortable with 2 staff members. I heard back with an offer than evening.

Interview Questions

• If I had any knowledge regarding HUD and section 8 housing.   Answer Question

Contracts Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CGI in July 2015.

Interview

They asked basic questions about my work history, education etc, the normals. They spent a lot of time describing the position. They also gave a written assessment, which was a waste of time since they said that what their department did could not be taught in school. I never heard back, called recruiter never returned my call, not even an email thanking me for my time-Kinda unprofessional.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I went through 3 people for the group interview. Met each one for about 20 minutes separately. Each interviewer has a different personality so I guess they try to see if you can get along with different people.

Interview Questions

• For me, the most difficult question was "tell me about yourself in a minute". Honestly, I didn't prepare to talk about myself that much. I just made sure that I knew about the company. And plus the time limit of 1 minute caught me by surprise... I felt like I was in public speaking class all over again.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI in January 2013.

Interview

One by phone, one in person in Washington, DC and so I'm writing a little more to ensure that there are the required 30 words on this submission and here are some more words because more words is always better

Interview Questions

• General Discussion, nothing specific, honest, pleasant, non-confrontational and so I'm writing a little more to ensure that there are the required 30 words on this submission   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

CGI visited our campus during placements(2017-2018) at IIT BHU.
    Round 1 - Aptitude and 2 simple coding questions on amcat.
    Round 2 - Technical round - Intervier asked me to tell me about myself. Interviewer was not confident he was unable to talk to me properly and kept looking at my resume but didn't asked anything from it and he even kept reading my amcat answer hardcopy. After that he asked me to give real life example of polymorphism and real life example of dynamic programming and I answered them correctly.
    Round 3 -HR round . No call for hr round :(.

Junior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviewers one at time; I have two consultant and a software developer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. Make sure to ask questions about the job and the company because one of my interviewers (a consultant) seem bored and not interested. I think because he interviews group of candidates, so when it get to the last one (me), he gave me the impression he wants to get the process over with and go to lunch.

Interview Questions

• The wasn't any difficult questions, but the one question I remember was how do you explain technical concepts to a regular person/customer?   Answer Question

SOA Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview lasted an hour and half and was straightforward and the interviewers were very good in asking decent questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure security is taken into account when dealing with federal clients   Answer Question