CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted initial application online. Was invited to on-site in a few weeks. No phone interview. Onsite consisted of three one on one interviews with the hiring manager MD, and couple of his team members, all three were relatively senior people. One of them was a quant, others were more behavioral and asked more about my resume/experience.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles/brainteasers on probability and basic math, some stochastic calculus stuff. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

screening interview, followed by in person interviews, second interview and third interview and then one on one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager, HR round, Salary Negotiation, Start Date and Offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to set a phone interview with HR people for the phone.The second round interview is in the branch which I applied for and with two mangers. One of the mangers asks the questions and another was just recording the answers.

Interview Questions

• What if you are unable to help the client?   2 Answers

Junior Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview only because I was in New York. Straight forward questions because I was a new Grad and the HR people is very friendly. The interviewer is a director who's not directly managing me but recommended me to the other project team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Tell about yourself, very generic questions. Time you had to solve a problem. Did a walk through of my resume. I think they need a head count so the interview process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my excel skills, if was able to deal with large volumes of data   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university's co-op program. I was interviewed by two people, in person. All basic behavioral questions. Lasted less then 30 minutes. A lot of the time was spent with them describing their own roles and the role I was applying for. We basically walked through my resume for the majority of the time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I first dropped off my resume to the branch in person, the branch manager gave me a call few days later to apply for the posting on-line. I was called later to schedule an interview.

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Initial telephone screening process took approximately 45 minutes. Gauge of competencies and personality. After this I was invited for an in person interview, about 7 days after telephone screen. Conducted a panel interview which consisted of 4 current managers with salesforce experience. Very thorough and specific questions. Interview was booked for 1 hour and lasted exactly that long.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you had to deliver difficult news to a client while successfully maintaining a client relationship?   Answer Question

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. Asked about my background in retail and business banking, and why I would be a good fit for this position. Asked 10 scenario questions in how I handled past situations. Finally went through a mock scenario where I had to analyze a client's portfolio, assess ability and willingness to make arrangements of repayment based on the information presented.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

I passed phone interview 4 weeks ago, the talent acquisition has sent out my profile. no one contact me,then he phoned my said the internal person got the job. but later branch manager ask me to initiate an interview one more weeks later. then failed me without reason.
    the total process is unprofessional and ridiculous

Interview Questions

• do u have certificates? OF Course I Have! Have u read through my resume before interview?!!   Answer Question