CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.8

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Very Friendly, focused on behavioral questions
     and trying to get to know you. Had a first-round interview with an analyst and VP, Second round with two executive managers and two associates.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

two rounds of interview. 1st round phone interview with two MDs, basic behavioral and some market trend questions. 2nd round is with four interviewers, mostly behavioral, some brainteasers, and some basic market questions.

Commercial Banking Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, introductory discussions about personal interests then moved on to discussing my resume and why i wanted to the job. The interviewer was also very focused on the university i attend, gpa and the specific courses i had taken.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was thirty minutes long with one person, then got an email to schedule the second interview, which was about two weeks later. The second interview was four back-to-back thirty-minute interviews with four different people. All questions were conversational and easy to answer. They gave a lot of chances for questions.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted initial application online. Was invited to on-site in a few weeks. No phone interview. Onsite consisted of three one on one interviews with the hiring manager MD, and couple of his team members, all three were relatively senior people. One of them was a quant, others were more behavioral and asked more about my resume/experience.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles/brainteasers on probability and basic math, some stochastic calculus stuff. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

screening interview, followed by in person interviews, second interview and third interview and then one on one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager, HR round, Salary Negotiation, Start Date and Offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to set a phone interview with HR people for the phone.The second round interview is in the branch which I applied for and with two mangers. One of the mangers asks the questions and another was just recording the answers.

Interview Questions

• What if you are unable to help the client?   3 Answers

Junior Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview only because I was in New York. Straight forward questions because I was a new Grad and the HR people is very friendly. The interviewer is a director who's not directly managing me but recommended me to the other project team.

Applications Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied through college/university portal, a few days later I received an email confirming phone interview schedule. However Interviewer sound tired (Maybe she interviewed a lot of people and I was the last one to be interviewed.)She even didnt care to make it formal. Asked basic questions and end the interview merely in 7 minutes.

Risk Analyst Co-op Interview

Interview

Simple 30 minute with mostly behavioural questions, very few technical. Interviewer did not express much emotion or enthusiasm and it felt as if she was more nervous than I was

Interview Questions

• What functions have you used in Excel?   1 Answer