CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

there was two phone interviews the fist just getting to know you as a person and qualifying you for he position, the second more technical questions and going through the interview . the last one is face to face which included knowledge based questions and a role play

Interview Questions

• describe and difficult situation that you have handled   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Basic interview, two phone interviews followed up with an Interview at their Headquarters. The interview was mainly behavior questions with a few technical ones toward the end. The company culture is very strong and all employees are very helpful during the interview process. They do not help provide summer housing for new hires.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then I was called into the office for three more interviews. These were all behavioral interviews. My interviewers were all really friendly and many were more conversational. Make sure you know your resume and know why you want to work there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview, had a quick 15 minute phone interview, and then proceeded to go into their office in Chicago for a 3 more interviews.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

two rounds of interview. 1st round phone interview with two MDs, basic behavioral and some market trend questions. 2nd round is with four interviewers, mostly behavioral, some brainteasers, and some basic market questions.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioral and some market trend questions.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted initial application online. Was invited to on-site in a few weeks. No phone interview. Onsite consisted of three one on one interviews with the hiring manager MD, and couple of his team members, all three were relatively senior people. One of them was a quant, others were more behavioral and asked more about my resume/experience.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles/brainteasers on probability and basic math, some stochastic calculus stuff. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

It was conversational. Mostly focussed on my background prior work experience. The interviewers judge you heavily based on the type of questions you ask. That shows the level of understanding of their business. CIBC is also focussed on a cultural fit. So prepare for questions related to hobbies and extra curriculars

Interview Questions

• general questions such as tell us about yourself and investment analysis experience   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was thirty minutes long with one person, then got an email to schedule the second interview, which was about two weeks later. The second interview was four back-to-back thirty-minute interviews with four different people. All questions were conversational and easy to answer. They gave a lot of chances for questions.

Commercial Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

30- minute college interview with one of the bankers. If you pass that part, you are invited to "super day." Super day consists of interviews with four people within the industry and a case study exam.

Compliance Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Professional and to the point; two-person interview team consisting of direct manager and their department manager. I think I received the interview due to an employee referral; good experience with a large organization.

Consultant Interview

Interview

screening interview, followed by in person interviews, second interview and third interview and then one on one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager, HR round, Salary Negotiation, Start Date and Offer