CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.8

Commercial Banking Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, introductory discussions about personal interests then moved on to discussing my resume and why i wanted to the job. The interviewer was also very focused on the university i attend, gpa and the specific courses i had taken.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was thirty minutes long with one person, then got an email to schedule the second interview, which was about two weeks later. The second interview was four back-to-back thirty-minute interviews with four different people. All questions were conversational and easy to answer. They gave a lot of chances for questions.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted initial application online. Was invited to on-site in a few weeks. No phone interview. Onsite consisted of three one on one interviews with the hiring manager MD, and couple of his team members, all three were relatively senior people. One of them was a quant, others were more behavioral and asked more about my resume/experience.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles/brainteasers on probability and basic math, some stochastic calculus stuff. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

screening interview, followed by in person interviews, second interview and third interview and then one on one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager, HR round, Salary Negotiation, Start Date and Offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to set a phone interview with HR people for the phone.The second round interview is in the branch which I applied for and with two mangers. One of the mangers asks the questions and another was just recording the answers.

Interview Questions

• What if you are unable to help the client?   3 Answers

Junior Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview only because I was in New York. Straight forward questions because I was a new Grad and the HR people is very friendly. The interviewer is a director who's not directly managing me but recommended me to the other project team.

IT Interview

Interview

Hiring manager did not show up to the interview, despite suggesting the date, time, and location. Claimed they did not have it in their calendar. Very unprofessional experience, hesitant about rescheduling the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

All applications must be processed online. I don't know how but instead of a central hire, I was processed as an in-branch hire and was hired in-branch as well. Made it much more pleasant and personal, and much less corporate.

Interview Questions

• Just the typical "describe a situation when".   1 Answer

IT Project Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

It was telephonic Interview. There are 3 persons interviewing me from their Toronto Office. They have few predefined question ready and asked everyone. They are not clear about role as there are so many projects going on in the company

Technology Analyst Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

First round was a phone interview then 2nd round was an in-person interview. Phone interview consist of job description and basic behavioural questions and the ability to hold a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply?
      What specific field do you want to work in when you graduate?
      Tell me about everything on your resume   1 Answer