Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Charles Schwab

2.9

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and immediately they start asking salary questions be careful with that! They ask a lot of questions about possible scenarios of angry client's and how you handled. Be wary they offer amazing bonuses and over time. Neither is easily attained; bonus is paid in tiers depending on seniority, pay grade level, and extra roles you took. Overtime is offered twice a year and limited.

Interview Questions

• Summarize the worse comment received by a manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terrible, they tell you they cannot negotiate. They lie, negotiate at least 10-13% more, that is their latitude

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online at their website, they reached out a week later and set up a behavior phone screen(30min), then this was followed by a webex interview to assess technical knowledge(1hr), then they got back to me like within a week. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance, oop fundamentals, cohesion, association, get/put http protocols, a simple coding puzzle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO).

Interview

Took 2+ weeks. Applied online first which took a couple days to get a response. Two phone interviews. First was from a recruiter and second was with a hiring manager. Emailed two days after with no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming, what are the main principles of OOP, what is mvc, what is a linked list, what is a garbage dump.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me over 30 minutes late with no excuse or apology. He acknowledged he was late, but didn't tell me why. Because of this, the entire interview was VERY rushed. He talked extremely fast and when I asked questions, he answered them wrong since he was so flustered and didn't take time to understand them. It was pretty disrespectful. When I asked him for his email to follow up with him, he refused to give it to me and said I would get an email from him. I never did. The recruiter was located out of Colorado although the position I applied for was in Austin, TX.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Process took about a month. Initial 30 minute interview with a talent acquisition specialist. Then went to office and three separate 45 minute interviews 2 with team members and one with the manger. Finished off with a 45 minute phone interview with another team member in Orlando.

All the interviews were essentially the clones of each other. Going over resume and asking questions about myself.

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scott Air Force Base, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Scott Air Force Base, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I found this job on Linked In and submitted an application on the Charles Schwab website. Within a week i was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. This took place a week after the email. The phone interview was 30 minutes and went over a large number of areas. I was very satisfied with the tenor of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you affect the culture of your workplace with Knowledge Management principles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 30 Min. each and one per day
    Asked more on resume / project / technical question / experience
    almost easy.

4 on site interviews, back to back
    All interviews are panel interview 4:1 .
    1. Basics (memory allocation- data structure - algorithm)
        45 min

2. Dot NET based questions (basics of .NET, Framework, Collections, Web services)
         45 min

3. Java based questions(basics, web services, optimizations etc)
         * after 2 hours I lost my mind, like they asked me 100+ questions
         45 min

4. Programming (thank god! they asked only one program - search algorithm)
        then Management type of questions
         30 min

I did my best in all interviews all my answers were correct.
    After interview they never replied me about position, not so good.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual. I got to walk around and get to know some of the people working there. It was a good environment when you first walk in.

Interview Questions

• How well do i work in a group environment   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2018.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks, it depends on your availability. There were 2 separate interviews. First one is more like get to know you kind of interview and a few behavioral questions.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was scheduled for a phone interview within a couple of days. No one called me at the date and time of my interview and I emailed and phone called my recruiter who did not respond to either.