Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

RIA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Easy and friendly interview process. Process moved very fast and I completed all 3 interviews and heard back within 3 weeks of applying. All of my interviewers were very friendly and helpful through out the process. Overall a great experience.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

I applied online, and I got a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter emailed me beforehand, telling me to ask questions if I needed to about the phone interview. During it, he told me that if I progressed to the next round, I would be called in for a final, on-site interview. We had a fun conversation, but nothing really stood out, which I guess is why I got a rejection email a week after the phone interview.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The overall process took a few months - I had multiple phone interviews, then multiple rounds of in person interviews. The questions were focused on experience, less so on technical skills, and were answered well using the STAR method.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online after meeting with a recruiter at a job fair at my university. After a few weeks I was called by corporate asking to set up a phone interview. A few days later I completed the interview.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, then passed that to go to the first in-person interview with two managers, then a interview with the director of the department. If you pass that then you get the job offer and the whole background takes at least almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Normal STAR questions, they want to see if your a great fit for the team.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX).

Interview

HR sent me an email saying I was accepted to do an interview. I schedule the phone interview to happen a week in advance. When the time came, nobody called. So I decide to call him to see what happen he said he forgot to check his calendar. So he said he was sorry and would call back the next day. That didn't happen. Was trying to email him and call him to reschedule no response. Was pretty upset I didn't make it far in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The experience was very positive. Everyone is very friendly from the recruiter to the hiring manager. Had four rounds.First with recruiter, then hiring manager, manger's boss and finally the team. Got a verbal offer after two business days from
    Last interview. Overall great experience.

Associate Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Got an email within two days for a phone interview. Immediately after finishing the phone interview, I was asked to do an in person interview, which will be about one week out. For entry level positions, they do hiring events. You do an individual interview for 45 minutes, a tour of the facility, and you watch a presentation followed by a Q&A session. If you get through the that, you’ll get a call and an email two or three days later. From there, you’ll apply to the background check and drug screen (your choice of Quest or LabCorp). Once you do the drug test and submit your final paperwork for the background check, it’ll take 10-12 business days to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Instead of an interview question, here’s some solid advice - BE AS ENGAGED AS POSSIBLE. They want people who are eager to get that job, and truly care about how the customer feels. Be sure to ask tons of questions. Listen to what they’re saying, but be sure to be thinking about what your next question may be. They want to see you digging.   Answer Question
    • Name one time when you had to deal with an irate customer? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Why Schwab? Why finance?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Heard back about an phone interview about 1 week after applying. The phone interview was straight forward, a get-to-know you, walked through my resume, asked a behavioral questions or two.
    Was told at the end of this phone interview that the recruiter felt good about the interview and my application, and I'd be moving onto the next stage. Was told that I would get an email in a few days to schedule an in person interview.
    Received the email a few days later describing an in person interview with 3 hiring managers who thought I'd fit in well in their departments. Was told the day that I would be interviewing, and given a selection of a morning or afternoon time.
    Interview was not very technical, spent one hour with each hiring manager, totaling three hours. Was asked to solve some logical puzzles on a white board in front of them - they wanted to see how I went about solving these problems; it was actually pretty fun.
    Was told I'd hear back about a position in about a week. Did not hear back and reached out, was told that some things came up, they'd get back to me in a few days.
    Got a call about another phone interview later that afternoon. Asked for some background as to what was going on, and told that the hiring managers did not think I was going to be good fit in their departments, but all thought I'd be a great fit elsewhere.
    The interview went great, some more behavioral questions. The position was a Project Management Position.

During the entire process I could tell that Schwab was hiring for the company, not a specific position. I admire this. They saw that I wasn't a good fit in one place but saw that I would be valuable elsewhere. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered someone who had a differing view than you, how did you handle it? (Asked during phone interview.)   Answer Question
    • What do you spend your free time doing, and how do you delegate time for your passions as a student and employee elsewhere?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Many questions on logic puzzles and how they would be implemented in code.   1 Answer
    • Say you encounter someone who disagrees with you in the work place and it's impacting your and their work, how do you solve this problem?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a strong leader and a strong manager?   Answer Question

Participant Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Richfield, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I knew the Schwab recruiter throughout my college career and when the time came to apply for a full-time position, I was invited to interview at their Richfield, OH location. The interview was very relaxed and felt more conversational than just reading off of a piece of paper. Some questions were a bit challenging, but I was able to make it through without too much of a problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the Series 7 & 66 licenses.   Answer Question