Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Straightforward, but lengthy. Screening Interview w HR. Phone interview w Hiring Manager. Phone interview w/ 3 team members. In person interview w: Hiring Manager, VP and SVP. Then radio silence for 2 months.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about regulations in the industry.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for 30 min interview. A few days later was interviewed by the hiring manager (30 min), both had positive reviews and mentioned there would be one final interview with someone on the team.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, describe a difficult situation   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On campus interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors. The people conducting the interview were very lax and easy to get along with. It lasted roughly around forty minutes more or less.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Charles Schwab?
      Tell me about a time you completed a task under a very stressful environment and how you completed this task.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Long process. From submitted application to hiring date, the process was three month. The phone interviews were slightly more difficult than the in person interviews. The phone interviewers were very helpful in prepping for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience at your previous job help you here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview going over how I had dealt with situations at my previous jobs. It is helpful to have your resume in front of you so you are able to recall events quickly.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you went out of your way to assist a client at your previous job.   Answer Question

FC Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2017.

Interview

Took about one month, broke into 3 main interviews. They were mainly behavioral based and all on the phone. The first was an initial call where I got more info on the position, then it was a video interview with two FC's from a branch-mainly behavioral questions, this was much more intense than the first interview. About a week later I had the final interview with a branch manager and then got an offer. All in all it took about one month to complete the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application online I was called to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was scheduled three weeks out and was about an hour long. I was invited to my second and final interview at the end of the phone interview. The final interview was in person at their offices. I was called a week and a half later and inviting to complete a background check and participate in a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe the position you're applying for to you friends and family?   1 Answer

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Financial Consultant Academy program they offer. My app was reviewed fairly quickly, then i was asked to complete a roughly 30 minute online questionnaire and then was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview for the following week. I heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a situation where you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you dealt with it and the results. (Asked multiple follow up questions & asked what would you have done if...etc.)   Answer Question

Senior Technical Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied from the website and the HR contacted me within a week. A week later, I talked to 3 people over the phone for the technical interview. They take turned to ask me some questions. They are very good at giving some clues and explaining more detail during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Java messaging, EJB, SOAP, SQL, what's the difference when creating string using as "hello" vs. new String("hello")   Answer Question

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Long process, after interview it takes a long time to get notified of the status, consist of 3 interviews phone 10 minute screening, phone interview about 45 mins, in person with two managers and background check