Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.9

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The experience was very positive. Everyone is very friendly from the recruiter to the hiring manager. Had four rounds.First with recruiter, then hiring manager, manger's boss and finally the team. Got a verbal offer after two business days from
    Last interview. Overall great experience.

Associate Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Got an email within two days for a phone interview. Immediately after finishing the phone interview, I was asked to do an in person interview, which will be about one week out. For entry level positions, they do hiring events. You do an individual interview for 45 minutes, a tour of the facility, and you watch a presentation followed by a Q&A session. If you get through the that, you’ll get a call and an email two or three days later. From there, you’ll apply to the background check and drug screen (your choice of Quest or LabCorp). Once you do the drug test and submit your final paperwork for the background check, it’ll take 10-12 business days to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Instead of an interview question, here’s some solid advice - BE AS ENGAGED AS POSSIBLE. They want people who are eager to get that job, and truly care about how the customer feels. Be sure to ask tons of questions. Listen to what they’re saying, but be sure to be thinking about what your next question may be. They want to see you digging.   Answer Question
    • Name one time when you had to deal with an irate customer? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Why Schwab? Why finance?   1 Answer

Associate Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The interview was through hire view where you have to record your answers after going through certain questions.You are given about 30 seconds to review the question before you start recording your answer. It is first time that I had to give an interview like this which was really awkward( You are talking about yourself and your experience, to yourself). I was expecting more of a behavioral question but it was both technical and behavioral. For technical questions you are given option to choose from PHP, Python, Java, C++, C, C#, Javascript . The question requires you to write program to get certain output based on input. Although the interview makes more sense for mass level hiring but it seems more like an elimination process. Not good experience at all. I find human interaction more enriching for interviews because you put in lot of effort to prepare for a job .

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Miserable and unprofessional !! Set up time for interviews 2 times. Never called me both times on the agreed time. First time, there was an apologetic email, second time nothing inspite of my polite reminder. Glad to move on... Don't want to work for a pathetic employer

Director - Constructon Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Flaky at best - missed interview time by hiring VP (new to her position and a novice in design/construct) and no return call following interview as promised. Appeared to have poor communication but were proud of their "back to back" meetings, and the negative outcome because of the meetings - missed meetings and no return calls. Not impressed with any of the personnel conducting the interviews - novices all. Had determined over weekend after no communication not to pursue the job - who wants to work for a company with the above attributes? - but finally received a call on Monday and they had other candidates - no loss here.

Interview Questions

• Situational interview questions - STAR - situation, task, action, result - tell me about a large project you managed, for example   1 Answer

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was very nice and friendly. I had spoken with two people at once, one of the leading financial advisors as well as hiring managers. It was a very easy-going and friendly interview. A good amount of behavioral questions as well as walking through my resume. I already received an offer from another company and had been very relaxed for this. Overall, being personable and friendly set a great mood for the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time that you have had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interview

Very easy process. Personality test, phone interview, and an in-person interview. The entire process took a little over a week for me. It was very straightforward. Questions were all behavior-based and situational.

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had an employee referral opportunity, One phone interview asking basic questions such as, Customer Service and Scenario based questions. After that was the in person interview with two hiring managers that ask questions about your knowledge of the company trying to gage your enthusiasm. Be sure to look up exam based material, such as Questions, Time of Test, Etc... It was about a 2 hour interview asking questions about customer service examples and providing them with detailed descriptions of those examples( helps if you want to show your interest) I received an offer a couple hours after the interview and now going through a vigorous background check, UA drug test through third party company. I really enjoyed the staff and hiring managers, They were very hospitable and allowed me to bring thought upon my questions. High recommended employer!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After a week, got a call for scheduling HR interview. The first interview was a phone interview with HR for 30 mins. HR informed me that she will forward the feedback to the hiring manager and get back to me later to schedule the next interview if the hiring manager is interested. Got a call after a week and interviewed with the Hiring manager the next day over the phone. 2 days later had the final phone interview with hiring manager's boss for about an hour. It took ~3 weeks in total for the interview process. All showed genuine interest in the interview and I enjoyed talking to each of them.
    With in the next 2 days I got the verbal offer. The offer was good. I requested for a few additional perks (just for fun) and they quickly agreed. Be ready with all items you want to negotiate so you can quickly work out an offer.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions such as; tell me about you; why should we hire you; what would your references say about you, what is your management style, etc..

Since it is a management position, I looked at all the glassdoor interview questions for Schwab's management positions. It was very helpful in getting my story together.   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Two phone interviews consisting of talking with two representatives from the firm, they left time at the end of the interview for you questions, just be sure to have questions that show your interest about the industry