Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Interviews at Charles Schwab

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2019.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and he briefly assessed my fit for the role. The next step was a 1:1 call with the hiring manager. After that, I had a remote power day style interview with 5 engineers on the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

5 phone interviews with team members and senior leads. All behavioral and history based questions about my work experience and how I would handle specific things in the role

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Phone screen and in-person following that. The phone is very generic and in-person is done half in a group and half as traditional one-on-one. Advice is to ask lots of questions and seem extroverted in group setting.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2020.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes. She was nice and very easy to talk with. I got nervous because I prepared with a lot of answers but she asked me questions I was not prepared for. I'm still waiting on an email to see if I got the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you bounced between mistakes?
      How did you create trust in a client?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Two phone interviews - overall, it was very easy. Later, content specialists met with the VP or came into the office. However, this didn't occur with me. I only had two short phone interviews after applying online.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application and finally received an email from the recruiter to setup a time to complete a screening interview. I setup the interview with the recruiter and with through the basis questions. The recruiter then continued to ask more role specific questions. At the end of the interview she informed me that I would interview with 2 managers that oversee in the Client Support department. They then proceeded to informed me of the pay rate and what the tentative start date would be if I passed the interview with the managers. The following day I had a Skype interview with the 2 managers. The interview went well and was able to make a bond with both of the interviewers. At the end of the interview, one of the managers asked me a specific question regarding how I would describe a certain item to a client. I responded with the answer to what they were looking for. Then they ended the interview and informed that they would be in touch. The weekend passed and I received a call from the recruiter to inform that they decided to proceed with another candidate but they would keep my information on file. A couple weeks later the position was posted again so I applied again and sent an email to the recruiter. Never heard back from the recruiter but instead received an auto-email informing they are looking at other candidates.

Contact Center Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in April 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received a call from HR for an initial screening. After the screening, I had a Skype call (because of COVID 19) with the hiring manager and one of the team members. the Skype call lasted about 2 hours. About 3 weeks after my Skype call I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Interview

Simple interview process. Phone w/recruiter, Phone with manager, F2F. Really straightforward with minimal hoops or nonsense. It's a pretty standard process that most of the financial services firms follow. No surprises at all.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX).

Interview

1. A technical recruiter discusses the position with you.

2. They ll set up a HireVue online assessment which you can take over the weekend or whenever you are free. It consists of a coding question, 90min. Easy to solve. Tell me about yourself kind of question, where you have to record yourself taking to nobody.

3. A technical round after a week. Easy.

4. If you get through, after a week there will be another set of interview. Three rounds on the same day with three different people. 2 technical and 1 behavioral. Onsite or Zoom depending on where you are located.

If you are onsite, there will be meet and greet with their employees. Else, no.

The technical recruiter and the person who sets up the interview are different. Looks like there was a mis-communication. I was interviewed for one location, the interview was taken by some team in another location. The recruiter called me and said the interview went fine. A month went past, due to the mess up, my application went to
    the hiring manager, who never came back.

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions. Tell me about one experience where you failed, how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Trade Surveillance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

They sent an email to confirm a time for a phone interview. After you set the time a different manager calls you on the phone to begin the interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

was thorough and extensive and they asked solid questions that were specific to the role. Overall I had multiple interviews and each interview provided good insight. It was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your worse mistake made as a professional   1 Answer