Compass Backend Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Backend Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
2. Technical phone interview via coderpad
3. Onsite interview

Pretty standard. For the onsite interview, they provided lunch. People were courteous and professional throughout. The recruiter was also very professional and responsive, so the whole interviewing process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter find my info on AngelList. Had 2 technical phone screens before interviewing onsite. Onsite was a long day as expected, 5 interviews, 3 of which were coding problems. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• LC medium level. Lots of string manipulation (regular expressions are your friend)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I was first put in touch with a recruiter in late December, and the process took roughly 2 months -- primarily as my schedule was in flux, for which they were extremely accommodating. My recruiter (Dani) was an absolute saint throughout the process and very flexible on the interview timeline and the discussion of start date. As far as the interview process, it follows the generic interview format you'll see at most major tech companies. Intro call, tech screen, full-day onsite (algorithms, system design).

Also, the CEO popped his head in and introduced himself during the interview. While this shouldn't be why you accept the offer, it was a strong indication to me that while Compass may not be a software company in the strictest terms, technology and maintaining a strong engineering culture is not an after thought. A week into the job and I'd double down on this sentiment.