Compass Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Operations Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

2.0

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass in January 2016.

Interview

One of the most peculiar interviews I've ever done. I applied online and heard back a month later. The recruiter didn't think I was good fit for the position I originally applied for but found the operations position a better fit. I did an initial phone screen then was scheduled with a Skype video interview with 2 people both of which would bump me because of time. I was then interviewing with a fill in interviewer who assured me I would reschedule and interview with the original interviewers. This would be 50% right as one interviewer would be over 20 minutes late and basically bump the other interviewer who was booked for the rest of the day. This interviewer really didn't ask me any hard questions, just basic stuff...tell me about yourself etc. After 15 minutes she asked me if I had any questions. It was really brief and I was sure that the next interviewer would be the harder one with STAR questions etc so once again I would wait for a reschedule. After a week I heard back that they weren't interested saying they had moved on with another candidate. What makes that weird is that the interviewer mentioned they were hiring multiple people for this position. I honestly still don't think I really interviewed with them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

Recruiter found me via Linkedin telling me about this position as he thought I’d be a great fit based on my experience. We had an initial phone call which was mostly about my resume. I proceeded to skype with 2 people in the office I was applying to, one was a supervisor, the other was the manager of the office. It seemed more like a personality/behavioral interview as they both said it wasn’t necessary to have a real estate background for this position and that they are looking for someone who had good technical skills, which was reassuring as that aligned with my experience. I’d have to say up to this point, I felt really good as I really connected with the two people I’d potentially be seeing and working with everyday, the manager even said he thought I would be a good fit at the end of the interview. Then it went all downhill from there when they had me interview with an executive in New York. I should have noticed the red flag when he was over 10 minutes late to our scheduled video call with no reason.. He already seemed disinterested in me and asked questions that contradicted what the recruiter and other 2 people were looking for. I guess his opinion mattered more than the 2 people I’d actually be seeing on a regular basis. The recruiter reached out saying they didn’t think I was qualified.... even though I was specifically contacted for that position. It left me under the impression there was no communication between the 2 people in the LA office and the executive in NY. Not to mention, there was a STARK contrast between their personalities and the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an agent who is constantly having trouble with the software?   Answer Question