ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Anchorage, AK) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process took about 6-7 weeks including an onsite interview in Anchorage. The process was positive. Goals and needs were clearly laid out and relevant colleagues and managers were actively involved. This was what I would call the site-test following two in depth phone interviews which included several areas concerning past work history and relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• I really do not remember at this point. They were all pretty average behavioral or work specific questions.   1 Answer

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Long, in-depth, difficult interviews with multiple people on same day. I was at their office for about 6 hours and interviewed with 3 managers. All questions revolve around the company S.P.I.R.I.T values. You have to provide answers that correspond how you reacted to various situations/performed in former jobs/completed tasks utilizing Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibilty, Innovation, Teamwork.
    I had multiple interviews with other O and G companies in a 6 month period and this was by far the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you completed challenging task in your former job performed in utilizing SPIRIT values - Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibilty, Innovation, Teamwork.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview for a petroleum engineering internship. Typical behavioral interview questions. The interview was on-on-one and took about 40 minutes. I didn't hear back from them until almost 3 months after the interview. I did not receive an offer but was encouraged to re-apply in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an unforeseen obstacle to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

Taken to dinner along with other candidates and the next day interviewed for the position. Straightforward behavior based interview where they were looking for answers that followed the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you were put in a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Met with 4 people from different areas of the business unit. Interview was 1 hour and half long. Each person asked different questions pertaining to different aspects of the job (office work, field work, personality,)

Interview Questions

• Previous experience on pipeline related work. They asked about my current job (that was not related to pipelines) and how I could transfer over skills to the pipeline engineer position.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Typical interview where you interview with a couple supervisors who ask questions about your background and accomplishments that were achieved at pass jobs. They score your answers on a 1-5 scale

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you made a dramatic impact in your job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2012.

Interview

I was still in school, getting a petroleum engineering degree, and COP came to recruit students for various internships. The interview for the internship struck me as very low-key and relaxed; the recruiters were friendly and gracious. The job offer was extended on the basis of my internship performance, so there were no further interviews.

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked was, "what kind of job would you like to do for us?"   1 Answer

Natural Gas Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in December 2009.

Interview

i had a few meetings and lots of detail on what they expected - it went as expected.

Interview Questions

• where do i see myself in five years   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call about 2-3 weeks after applying for the position online. I was asked to join them for an onsite interview scheduled for one week later. The interview consisted of two short 30 minute interviews with a panel consisting of 2-3 people in each panel. Everyone was very friendly and the interview process was more like a conversation. They did ask some standard behavior questions to describe a time when you were in a difficult situation, etc. Each member of the panel shared their story and did most of the talking. I was able to respond and react to each of their comments and asked some follow up questions. One of the most comfortable and natural interviews I have ever been through. I received a brief phone call exactly one week after my interview that I would be receiving an email offer from them. This is a company that really feels like a family and I can't wait to get started.

Interview Questions

• How do you define good performance?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked with either an internal or external party to resolve an issue. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation process takes place between an HR specialist and the hiring manager. They communicated my questions and counter offers to them directly and responded back in a very quick and timely manner. Overall, I believe there is room to negotiate but it might be difficult as its done indirectly through HR.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online and then haven't heard from them for a while. Finally I got an email asking about the availability for a phone interview. I have responded with the date and time and again haven't heard from them until the time I gave them in the email. The interviewees called me without previous confirmation. I was told they would let me know about the outcomes - again, lack of communication... haven't heard from them since then.

Interview Questions

• How would you check if a data set is normal (normal distribution)?   1 Answer
    • What is a stationary process? How does it differ from weakly stationary one?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Hidden Markov Model backward algorithm?   Answer Question