ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Phone call with HR, then flown in for a half day series of interviews with four of the people the role would interact with, as well as a discipline expert.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard any recent news about the company?   1 Answer

Compression Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (New York, NY).

Interview

Took about 1 month to complete process. Interview was 3 person panel interview with 3 different foreman from maintenance and operations. Mostly behavioral questions and very few technical ones. Went very smooth and lasted about 1 hour. This is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How does an engine ignition system work on a chevy 350?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus career services. I received an invitation to interview with them. The interview was behavioral. They are largely looking to see how you interact with others. The interviewers were very polite and personable. The company invited the potential hires out to dinner the night before the interview. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a project member.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual. First Round on- campus interview. Then flown out to Oklahoma office. Everyone was really nice and friendly. There is a strong sense of community within the company you feel when you first enter the door.

Interview Questions

• Why ConocoPhillips? Recall a time you needed to be a leader, and how did you approach that process?   Answer Question

IT New Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus, then was invited to Bartlesville to do a site/city tour and do 3 30 minute interviews. Was given an offer and then had to do a hair drug test and was confirmed. Was given an early-acceptance signing bonus and moving allowance.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR questions. "Talk about a time where you made a mistake in a group project."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate. Other people from my university got the exact same offer as me so I doubt it's negotiable.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavior-based ("tell me about a time when...") interview questions are used. Prepare answers by reviewing the job description for specific behaviors required (i.e. collaboration, decision-making, conflict resolution, etc.) and prepare specific examples and outcomes to share.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. What did you do to try to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time when you had to rely on the contributions of others to accomplish your work or project. How did you work together to reach your goals?   Answer Question

Geophysics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Laramie, WY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer went through all of my experiences from my resume. Overall it was very comfortable and laid back. The questions were basically behavioral questions. At times I wrote things on the board to better describe my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time while when working in a group, one member did not perform well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Extensive with on campus representation at career fairs, BAP events, dinner mingle sessions, on campus interview. They put forward the same faces repeatedly so by the time you sit down for your formal interview, it's like talking to a friend. Makes it easy to accept an offer, makes you feel dirty for denying.

Interview Questions

• They used the by-the-book STAR interview format. Extremely easy to prepare for.   Answer Question

Other opportunities available more in line with my career trajectory.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Overall a painless process. They ask general run of the mill questions that you can expect to be asked for any internship. i.e. strengths, weaknesses, etc. I found the recruiters to be friendly and conducive to learning who you are as an individual

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Need to talk to at least 5 people. Very easy interview, asked about detail technical questions. Every people took at least 30 minutes question and answer. Prepare a lot of question to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical question on how I am doing my job.   Answer Question