KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 333 of over 333 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConocoPhillips

ConocoPhillips

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview

It was mainly focused on soft skills with non technical questions. They want to see how you will respond to adversity or hard work. They asked about 3 or 5 questions. Make sure you have your Tell me about yourself question down.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had a situation go wrong and how did you respond.
    Answer Question

ConocoPhillips

Application

I interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview

Fairly standard in-person technical interview for subsurface professional role in Calgary. There were no technical questions per se, beyond ordinary questions about experience. They asked about salary expectations. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ConocoPhillips

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview

Online interview, friendly people. No difficult or technical questions, more behavioral questions like describe a time you had to lead a group of people...etc. I suggest to read on the company's operation and just be relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ConocoPhillips

Application

I interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview

The interview process is two part. First, on campus and then on-site in Bartlesville (or virtual). These are mostly recruiters from the same school and personable. The interviews use STAR behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ConocoPhillips

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview

I was asked a series of behavioral questions over the course of 45 minutes. There were a few about inclusion and diversity, organizational skills, and projects I have been a part of in the past.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think inclusion and diversity could be improved in your most recent job and what steps would you take to implement it if you could?

ConocoPhillips

Application

I interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview

The process was very laid back and the interviewers made me feel very welcome. There were mostly behavioral questions and a few situational questions based on prior experience using the STAR method

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you over came a challenge working with a team

ConocoPhillips

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in Oct 2021

Interview

All behavioral interviews. First interview was over Zoom. Second interview was on-site, 3 rounds of behavioral interviews by 3 different people. These are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and the new hires seem to actually like their roles. I'm eagerly waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in Oct 2021

Interview

The first round interview with the HR staff member went well (although they mixed up scheduling it). Their next round was a HireVue recorded interview. If you don't like talking to a screen with no interaction or feedback, then that will be a problem. The reason I gave this process a Neutral rating is because they left me hanging after the second round. I found out through a friend that works there that they filled the position with an internal candidate but I've never received any official notification from the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in Sep 2021

Interview

Met with recruiter at career fair and applied to position on company website. I was emailed shortly after to setup an interview date. Virtual interview with a panel of three interviewers. All questions asked were behavioral questions. Focused on diversity, innovation, and team skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX)

Interview

Visited on-site in Bartlesville, OK. Interviewed with the lead recruiter for my university and the supervisor for the new hire program. Met with other university new hires and learned about projects new hires are assinged.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation on a team where disagreement or conflict arose between other members and how you mitigated that conflict?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Interviews

ConocoPhillips Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at ConocoPhillips as 76.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Analyst and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Engineering and IT roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at ConocoPhillips takes an average of 25 days when considering 309 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Financial Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas IT roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 27 days).

Common stages of the interview process at ConocoPhillips according to 309 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.13%