ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ConocoPhillips

2.8

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2019.

Interview

Totally behavioral based; one on-campus (college) interview and then a series of 3 interviews at their Bartlesville location over a 24 Hour period. We were taken out to dinner 2 times and lunch once and they paid very nicely for our commute to Bartlesville (58 cents per mile plus tolls).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Land Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied on college gateway, scheduled interview at the University of Houston. All behavioral questions, no finance or accounting questions. It was very easy nothing to worry about. Very easy, recruiters were very chill and young.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Stillwater, OK) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through university and through the ConocoPhillips website. I met them at a campus career fair mid September and was invited to interview at the start of October. Before the interview they invited all of the intern candidates to a meet and greet dinner at a local restaurant so that we could ask questions about the internship.

The interview was held on campus and lasted for only 30 minutes. Two recruiters conducted the interview and individually took notes.
    Interview consisted almost entirely of by the book STAR format interview questions. Mostly questions were about when you worked in team environments. In my case, they specifically wanted an example of a team environment related to my time at university.
    No technical or curveball questions.

Received an offer ~4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are your least and most favorite classes so far?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

The interview process was only a behavioral interview. It was done on campus and the interviewer was very friendly. He tried to make sure I was comfortable and relaxed as I answered the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to take on a task you were unfamiliar with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Austin, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. There was a casual pre-interview dinner with two of the recruiters and a handful of candidates the evening before. The recruiters then called those who were selected for an interview shortly after the dinner. The interview consisted of behavioral questions related to your resume experience. The interviewer also left time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to organize something and collaborate with others.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2019.

Interview

45 minute behavioral interview at the university career center. They briefly explained at the beginning how the interview would be formatted, and asked me if I had any questions before we got started. I was asked fairly common interview questions, anything you could find in a book or online. There were two interviewers, both of whom were super welcoming and interested in hearing about my experiences, which made for a comfortable environment. Also, there was a dinner the night before the interview for you to get to know the interviewers and fellow applicants, which is highly recommended. If you were asked to the second round of interviews, they flew you out to Bartlesville Oklahoma to discuss the position further. From there they extended offers.

Interview Questions

• "Why COP?", "How have you dealt with conflicts in the workplace or in school in the past?", "What would you consider to be your weak points?"   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process takes about 4-5 weeks total. I applied through my universities career website and got a phone call 1 week later saying that i was selected for a in person interview. The interview asked 2 decision making behavioral and 2 communication behavioral questions .

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had technical expertise and explained it to someone who was not so technically expertise.   1 Answer

Field/Drill Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Met them at my university and got called for an interview in a few days. Interview was at the university and two guys interviewed me. Both were extremely patient and polite. Overall, very good experience and a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ConocoPhillips?   1 Answer

Land Analyst Interview

Interview

Forty-five minute interview with two employees that asked behavioral questions. Then a dinner to get to know you more and explain the role in a more relaxed setting. Overall, a very good interview process in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was referred by an employee, invited to apply, submitted resume and online forms. The interview included an initial phone interview and then meeting the group I'd be working with. Afterwards, I was invited to lunch with my Supervisor-to-be and some fellow Alumni from my Undergrad days. It was a fairly smooth process over about 3+ weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict, managing priorities, etc.   Answer Question