Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

very nice people and even though i didnt have the experience needed they made me feel wanted and needed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance where you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

great place for success and opprtunity it just wasnt for me

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Began with phone screening and then was invited to interview on-site with a full day of interviews. Interviewed with Brand Managers and directors. Was asked behavioral questions, all were expected and not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were expected. Interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. No case questions.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward – two phone interviews, a personality/aptitude test and then a on-site interview. The in person interview was about 6 hours starting at 10am and ending at 4pm. I had one-on-one sessions with 5 different interviewers that currently held similar roles at Daren.

Most of the questions revolved around my background and questions about their restaurants current positioning.

Interview Questions

• Which of our restaurants in targeting the wrong audience and how would you fix that?   Answer Question

Certified Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden (Allen, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

The application is quick and easy to fill out and the assessment test takes only 20-30 minutes to complete. The interviewing process included interviews with 2 managers which is friendly and personable.
    Their slogan "We're all family here" is truly genuine.

Negotiation

It was simple and fair.

Certified Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Questions

• Why would I make a good darden employee?   1 Answer

Web Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager followed by in-person interview on site. In person interview length was about 4 hours, and consisted of meeting with members from the immediate team as well as with the management of related teams. Managers made sure that expectations of the position were clearly laid out and discussed, with ample time given for questions.

Interview Questions

• None that come to mind. Interview was fair and based on abilities/skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Darden (New Braunfels, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interview, the first they learn about your work history and what why you want to work at their company, the second is with a different manager so they can know more about you and what you offer, then the third is with the GM and is more of a finalization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have previous restaurant expirience defiantly negotiate hourly pay to more than 9.50.

Olive Garden Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

It was a long process. I was interviewed by 3 managers. General manager and she was tough skin! Well worth it. The second manager was the most communicative. The "Good cop, bad cop". The last manager but the first to interview me was the shift manager. Young and laid back, gave me the FYI onto staying there.

Olive Garden Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden in March 2013.

Interview

I was sent an e-mail several weeks after applying online to set up an interview within two days if I was interested in the position. I called and was put on hold for about 20 minutes, briefly interviewed, and proceeded to set up the interview for that Thursday. Upon arrival, I was directed by the hostess to sit in the cafe area and wait for my interviewer. Turns out the person who was supposed to interview me was not able to make it to the interview, so I was interviewed by the sales manager. She requested that I return later that afternoon for another interview with the front of house manager, however, I was unavailable at that time so scheduled for an interview the next day. This interview went seemingly well, and I was asked to be interviewed a third time by the general manager of the restaurant. Once again, this interview seemed to go very well. He told me he thought I would be well suited for the host position and told me that he thought I would be a good fit for the team. We discussed pay, dress code, and schedules, and he informed me that I should be called within the next two weeks about attending orientation as they were in the process of setting them up. Two weeks came and went, but I received no call. I decided to call the restaurant to see if an orientation had been scheduled and told them that I was still interested in the position. I was put on hold only to be informed that the training manager was in a meeting (go figure) and that she said, "If we need you, we'll call you". I held out for a couple more weeks, but after no word from them it was clear that I was not hired. Two months later, I received an e-mail informing me that I had not been chosen for the position.

Olive Garden Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden in February 2013.

Interview

I interview with the manager after waiting 15 minutes for her to gather my paperwork. I talked to the host that was working, and we got along really well. I asked her some questions about her position and how she liked her job, hoping she would pass on a good word to management.

Finally the manager came out to meet me, we sat in a booth. She went over my resume and asked me a few questions about my availability and my experience. I don't have restaurant experience but have always been interested in working with food. I complimented the restaurant, the food, etc and she seemed to appreciate that.

I left feeling really good about my interview, and she reassured that she'd call within a week or so. Well, it's been almost 2 weeks so I'll put this interview down as a 'rejection,' which is really disappointing.