Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.3

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Hickory, NC).

Interview

They inquired about sales skills and emphasized the importance of being a salesperson and server. They also provided a breath of information about the history of the company and Thier concerted effort to build loyalty of their clientele.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a pack of artificial sweetener taken from the center of the table . what would be your sales pitch?   Answer Question

Prep Cook/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Greenville, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

All the managers were very warm and inviting. Treated me with the courtesy as if a meal guest. I liked the questions because they highlighted essential core values in teamwork and guest service.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would be good for the team.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with the Recruiter over Skype, we originally connected via LinkedIn. He was very simple after seeing my resume he said he didn't have any questions about my ability to do the job asked me about what my Salary requirements were then set up a time for me to meet with the Director of Ops for the region. Met the DO and was hired within 10 minutes we didn't talk at all about the job really our families and personal stuff one of the most light hearted easy interviews I've ever been on. I was offered the position and accepted after a drug screen and background check they asked me how much I wanted per year and they accepted what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week do you expect to work?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went well. They asked about my previous work experience. Also asked if I had beer and liquor knowledge and I did. They told me how they move people up and how busy they are.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Process took about 30 minutes. Met with the entire leadership team, including the big boss, all in one day. The fact that they took the time to speak with me, I knew it was a good sign.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you ?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength and your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. Straight to the point. Be firm in what you ask for.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Very quick, pretty informal. Some corporate information throughout the interview but primarily asking about your availability and not so much your experience. It was apparent that this was an entry-level job for the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Senior Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter found my profile on a job site and contacted me. Wasn't really looking for anything but was interested in moving to Orlando so thought I would give it a try. They first asked for me to fill out a online application which they were in a rush to get but no big deal. Then next came a "behavioral assessment" that seemed a little strange. This sort of request is so out of character for most IT positions I almost balked right there. I tried it and it asked inane questions like everyone in the company was expected to have been a server at some point. I have never been a server in a brass and fern bar so really seemed dumb. The questions were like scenarios you would find in one of their restaurants. Next was the tech interview. Spoke with two of their "engineers" and to be honest I thought they sounded like they might have recently been wearing flair in a restaurant days before. Their questions were sophomoric and so simple I could not fathom why they were wasting my time. I really did keep picturing some of the "Chachkies" type employees had moved to their corporate offices. So after several minutes of this, I decided this place would not be for me. Their entire process seemed like it was designed to find the most subservient corporate stooge possible. There are a lot of tech jobs out there and picking the wrong company can result in wasted years. It really took me many a long time to understand this. I still however do like the food at their restaurants. :-D

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden (New Rochelle, NY).

Interview

It was nice I don't know if I was fully comfortable but I was okay with what they asked. I thought the lady was nice but nothing stood out all I know is that it was a nice first job interview I liked the competitive nature within me that sparks as soon as I imagine getting a paycheck Wack week

I couldn't take it

RANDOM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

My first interview lost my paperwork and called me by the wrong name twice and that was the first interview. 2nd interview I from a different mgt was late for the interview.

Finally speaking with GM it was a 5min conversation because they weren't able to fully Focus because they're still running the restaurant which seemed to be by themselves.

Lastly I was offered a job and my first day upon arriving I wasn't even sure where the kitchen was where the walk-in freezer is where they keep all of their utensils plates bowls spoons exedra I had to literally stop and ask you can I please get oriented with this facility first before I go and clean the toilets as a line cook.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Hutchinson, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two separate interviews. The first interview was pretty generic and the second one had more specific questions including specific scenarios and what the employee would do in those situations. Overall, the questions were very easy to answer and actually had real world usage once in the field. Furthermore, the managers were very helpful in explaining the meaning and purpose behind the questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest was upset about something?   1 Answer