Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Darden Interview Questions

Interviews at Darden

2.3

Hourly Interview

Interview

It was not a very hard interview at all. It was very simple to get through and I thought the process was what is to be expected for an interview.

Prep/Line Cook Interview

Interview

It was a rather quick hiring process. Did two separate interviews over the course of a week before being hired, one Interview with kitchen manager and then one Interview with general manager. Very standard questions. Was offered position and accepted.

Security Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled and then questionnaire for personality along with a mathematical type of questionnaire was emailed. I did not find the personality test fair as I know from other HR employees they look for specific answers on these so most might look up the correct answer etc.

Multiple Roles Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

I had 3 or 4 different phone screens (two HR, one hiring manager) for various positions (not a specific position, according to them, but to assess me to see which position I was best suited for). The process was VERY slow. Feedback at the end of the interview was positive. I was even told they wanted me to meet with another hiring manager. But then...nothing. No further contact. No response to follow-up attempts. While it may not be the right fit for either of us, the courtesy of a response and/or formal rejection would have been appreciated. Based on this experience as a candidate, I would be hesitant to apply for any future roles.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied to be a server online. Took the online assessment an received an interview 2 days later. Was interviewed by three different managers.Training is for a week to learn the menu. On last day will be validated an obtain a two table section.

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Completed two online questionnaires. Interviewed at corporate office in Orlando, FL. Two separate 1-1 interviews lasting 30 minutes each. There was roughly a ten minute wait in between the two interviews

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an interruption to a function you were solely responsible for?   Answer Question

Associate Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

After a phone screening, I was invited for a face to face interview. It was extremely unprofessional. During the coding part, one of their data science team member was laughing at my coding errors. He was there as if someone asked him to be there and no interest in it at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you don't overfit to the training data?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

It was very quick and easy. Two step process. Service manager then general manager. They asked the same general questions. Be positive and you’ll be a good fit for the team.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in May 2019.

Interview

I first received a call from an HR person, that went well, I was supposed to receive another call to schedule another meeting but that never happened, 2 months later I received an email saying I am out.

Accounting Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Three step process. First phone interview was with the HR person, second phone interview was with the manager of the position, and the last interview was on site with several people (approximately 6.5 hours). From the time I was contacted to the in person interview it was a 4 week process. I’m not sure why I didn’t get an offer. Could have been a multitude of things looking back. I had another friend tell me she knew someone who applied as well (this was a while ago and for a different department/position all together she said). She explained he went through the same thing as me. 4 plus week process, several phone interviews, then the in person interview. Then they turned around and said thanks but no thank you and apparently went with someone internal.