Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.3

CRM Data Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was a one-hour phone interview with the manager of the position. Second round was a 30-minute phone interview with the head of the CRM division. Third round was a 5+ hour on-site interview with the above-mentioned manager and division head, as well as brand representatives for four Darden brands.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a digital advertising campaign did not perform well, and how you communicated that to your client.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

They were to quick to make a qualified decision. They Didn't ask enough or the right questions. They did not seem to care I was ramp certified. They did not ask how many years experience I had.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was flown from Vegas to Phoenix for the interview. Treated like a VIP the whole time. I met with a company VP and also the executive VP of Operations. I was impressed at how professional the whole experience was.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Rockville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quick, warm and inviting. I was extended an interview automatically, based on my Darden's TAS ( online evaluation) prescreening assement score. An automated repy, instructing applicaticant to call the restaurant, speak with a manager, and setup an interview will be sent to all scores ranging from 70-100, (100 is the highest possible). On the interview I was offered a beverage, given a warm hand shake and an apology for the short wait. The interviewer was most concerned with my availability, how many shifts I would willing to work and income requirements (average weekly tips). I was asked a series of questions geared towards customer service skills, experience, food/wine/coctail knowledge and salesmanship.

Interview Questions

• I was asked four questions-

1) what is your favorite food? Sell me that dish as if I was a guest.
      2) Is there a difference between service and hospitality? If so, what are the differences?
      3) Can you name four scotchs?
      4) I have several interviews, what sets you apart from the rest and makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a server online but you have to be 21 to serve at olive garden. There are two interviews, one with the general manager. One of the employees gave me a tour.

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Hickory, NC).

Interview

They inquired about sales skills and emphasized the importance of being a salesperson and server. They also provided a breath of information about the history of the company and Thier concerted effort to build loyalty of their clientele.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a pack of artificial sweetener taken from the center of the table . what would be your sales pitch?   Answer Question

Prep Cook/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Greenville, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

All the managers were very warm and inviting. Treated me with the courtesy as if a meal guest. I liked the questions because they highlighted essential core values in teamwork and guest service.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would be good for the team.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with the Recruiter over Skype, we originally connected via LinkedIn. He was very simple after seeing my resume he said he didn't have any questions about my ability to do the job asked me about what my Salary requirements were then set up a time for me to meet with the Director of Ops for the region. Met the DO and was hired within 10 minutes we didn't talk at all about the job really our families and personal stuff one of the most light hearted easy interviews I've ever been on. I was offered the position and accepted after a drug screen and background check they asked me how much I wanted per year and they accepted what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week do you expect to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went well. They asked about my previous work experience. Also asked if I had beer and liquor knowledge and I did. They told me how they move people up and how busy they are.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Process took about 30 minutes. Met with the entire leadership team, including the big boss, all in one day. The fact that they took the time to speak with me, I knew it was a good sign.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you ?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength and your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. Straight to the point. Be firm in what you ask for.