Darden Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2016

2.3

Utilty Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

my interview with chef caleb was excellent,the qustions that chef asked were not hard , an the interview process went very well , was surprised by how fast I was notified that darden enterprise wanted to conduct the interview ,and was grateful that chef caleb made me feel at ease

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Saint Augustine, FL).

Interview

The Manager had me arrive before the restaurant opened and they asked about my life and my previous employment. They then asked me about my ability to learn the fast pace environment that was in the restaurant business. They told me the pay and how I will have benefits with Darden.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls ahead for the 3-minute call ahead, but they will be arriving less than the 30 minutes allotted. Do we still add them to the call ahead list?   1 Answer
    • If you have a long list of customers, and you see tables empty but have not been bussed (cleaned) yet, do you leave your stand and go clean it or do you wait for it to be cleaned.   1 Answer

Culinary Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leonardtown, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden (Leonardtown, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Clear and concise. They were very straight forward and we discussed employment history. I was given the opportunity to ask any questions about the company and the possibility of relocating in the to five years. I did explain about a pre-existing health condition and we were able to find a place on the company where my skills could be utilized.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in this company   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Brief, conversational, lots of Behavioral questions. Some situation questions to see how you would handle things in a specific scenario. Just talked about my life, my history, and my goals. The interviewer was just trying to get a better sense of my background and my current situation in life.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time when you had to handle a situation when a co-worker or colleague didn't see eye to eye with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the Service Manager on 1 day and the Managing Partner the next day. Both interviews were very in-depth and lasted more than 30 minutes each. Although I dressed very smartly in expensive jeans, heels matching belt, bag and blouse and blazer, I was told in my 1st interview to "dress up" to meet with the Managing Partner. So keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• What about me did I think would make me an asset to their team?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

The interview went well and I got the job. It was a very basic interview that was incredibly easy. After the interview process you will have to go through training classes. The training classes are very easy to get through and take a week long. You will be payed for your training during this time.

Interview Questions

• How well do I interact with people?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Morgantown, WV) in September 2015.

Interview

It started off with an introduction of myself and why I am interested in this company. Then, it moved into a behavioral based question section where I was asked about 5 behavioral based questions. At the end of the interview I was able to ask any questions that I had for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, but you were able to push forward and overcome this obstacle.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to call and set up interview. First interview with manager, than with GM. The GM forgot about the interview, and was busy with something else. Waited an hour, and the kitchen manager asked me a few questions because he felt bad I waited an hour for the Gam. Told me to call but next week if I didn't hear from them.

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon got a phone call for an interview. I interviewed with two managers and was offered a job on the spot. I accepted the position and began working there soon after.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous employment and my education.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked my qualifications and then they asked why I decided to apply. They also asked how I would respond to certain situations and they asked when my availability was and they asked if I could work nights and also if I could work weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not I had to settle for what a server gets.