ExxonMobil Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career site and was selected for an on-campus interview. Interview was one hour of mostly behavioral questions. It was fairly laid back. The next round involves flying to Houston for a series of on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Beaumont, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviews are held on campus of the university and are approximately 1 hour long. The questions are based on behavioral preference. They can be difficult to answer but as long as you prepare you will be fine

Interview Questions

• What did you do to complete a task, but you didnt have your resources usually used and how did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to an on campus information session and then spoke to a recruiter at the career fair. I was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was behavioral based, but my interviewer wanted very specific information and numbers for each answer. Overall, my interactions with ExxonMobil were pleasant and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to decide between two conflicting sources of data   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career page. I heard back within a few days about an on campus interview. I thought the interview went well but didn't hear anything back. I emailed my interviewer inquiring how the process was going and got no response. Finally after a month, I got a very generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• (Something like) Talk about a time someone went against what you said. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I talked to a representative at a career fair. I was then invited to interview on campus soon after. The interview was behavioral based. ExxonMobil was very transparent throughout the process.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus career services. Then I spoke with a recruiter at the campus career fair who didn't seem interested in me. Later I was invited for an on-campus interview. We went through my resume and I answered a few behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back in two weeks.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

Very standard behavioral interview - no technical questions were asked. Interviewer was especially interested in my past work experiences in the petroleum field. The interview itself lasted around 40 minutes and was a very standard process. Be prepared to go in depth over your previous work experiences. I heard back from the recruiting team about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to complete a task with insufficient resources.
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a teammate over a project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was behavioral. They asked a series of questions regarding past experience and performance. I had a three panel interview everyone was very nice and professional. I was asked to come back for a second interview with hiring managers and went through the same behavioral type interview. Again, everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to skip a step in a process. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

Interview focused on behavioral questions involving problem solving, relationships, and other resume related topics. A lot of questions on overcoming adversity. Interview was very structured with little opportunity to expand on personal job qualities outside the strict questions. Overall a good interview, however, it felt rather intimidating even for a highly qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• When working with a difficult person, how have you resolved an issue when you don't see eye to eye?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Alumnus held on-campus 1st round interview. All questions were behavioral based, using the star method. On-campus interview was used as a screening process with a 4 week hear back time

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with conflict while working with a group?   Answer Question