ExxonMobil Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through my university in 2017. Process took about six weeks total. First was a 45 minute on campus interview with standard behavioral questions. Exxon uses a lot of STAR method questions, and the interviews are very standardized across the company.

I was then called a few weeks later and invited to Houston, where I met with a host and had 3 interviews throughout the day, all behavioral again. Everyone there was very nice, but it was honestly difficult trying to figure out what position I was actually interviewing for since Exxon likes to interview people for many things at once.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were working in a team and there was a difficult team member. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I had an on-campus behavioral interview following a resume submission online. Interviewer did not seem interested at all, nor did he make any eye contact throughout the interview. Definitely an unwelcoming experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you overcame a challenge working with others?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied at the school career fair, had an interview the next day. Was told that decisions wouldn't be made for several weeks. After several weeks I was called and flown down for in person interviews. Overall, a pretty standard process

Interview Questions

• Standard behaviorial questions and questions related to my projects   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

It was all good. ExxonMobil recruited on campus and I applied through my university. Got an interview on campus and was notified that week of an offer. I declined because they had offered me an internship in a different semester than I could do. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult task you solved at work and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

it was a whole day process, started with an 1-hour presentation of your previous work to all department employee about 20-30 people and followed by 8 individual interviews each lasted for about half an hour, and at last wrapped up meeting with department head.

Interview Questions

• different questions based on your experience and background   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career site and was selected for an on-campus interview. Interview was one hour of mostly behavioral questions. It was fairly laid back. The next round involves flying to Houston for a series of on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Beaumont, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviews are held on campus of the university and are approximately 1 hour long. The questions are based on behavioral preference. They can be difficult to answer but as long as you prepare you will be fine

Interview Questions

• What did you do to complete a task, but you didnt have your resources usually used and how did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to an on campus information session and then spoke to a recruiter at the career fair. I was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was behavioral based, but my interviewer wanted very specific information and numbers for each answer. Overall, my interactions with ExxonMobil were pleasant and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to decide between two conflicting sources of data   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career page. I heard back within a few days about an on campus interview. I thought the interview went well but didn't hear anything back. I emailed my interviewer inquiring how the process was going and got no response. Finally after a month, I got a very generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• (Something like) Talk about a time someone went against what you said. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I talked to a representative at a career fair. I was then invited to interview on campus soon after. The interview was behavioral based. ExxonMobil was very transparent throughout the process.