FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and helpful in regards to the review process. Kept in contact for weeks during the process and helped me to prepare. Was a great guy.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you had to do in the workplace?   Answer Question

Financial and Economic Summer: FLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Davis, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the 1st round of interviewing on campus after applying through my university's career center. Basic interview asking behavioral questions and going over your resume & experience. They'll ask you a technical question as well to see how you would go about solving an issue. You can find similar questions to these online. You will have time to ask the interviewer questions as well. Interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and was conducted by a Director.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why FTI?   Answer Question
    • How would you prepare if you were trying to impress someone with a presentation?   Answer Question
    • How would you prepare for an exam?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a goal but weren't able to achieve it and a different time you had a goal and were able to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • How many golf balls were sold in California last year?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2017.

Interview

30-minute interview on-campus, was really difficult. My interviewer only asked one behavioral question and didn't really seem interested in what I had to say. You have to have your technicals down cold, this felt like an Investment Banking style interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the three main valuation methods?   Answer Question
    • How would you get to finding 13 weeks of cash flows?   Answer Question
    • How are the three financial statements related?   Answer Question
    • If I had an analog watch and the time read 3:00 PM, and I wound the clock forward to 1 hour and 5 minutes, would the angle between the minute and hour hands be the same or not?   1 Answer

Corporate Finance/Restructuring Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, behavioral and technical, one at the college on-campus and then another a week later at the NYC office. There was also a 4 hour pre-interview dinner in NYC that was really fun.

Interview Questions

• What are signs of a distressed company   1 Answer

Restructuring Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Found through on-campus, interviewed then was flown out for a superday. Great networking and meal the first night. Breakfast, 3 interviews, and lunch on the second day. Found out really early on the next week. Good process, good people.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Was under the impression that it would be only a behavioral interview. The first 3-5 minutes of the interview was me giving an overview of who I am and my background. The remaining of the interview was technical questions. The questions felt very much like an investment banking interview. Both individuals were really rude and don't provide feedback on whether or not you are answering the questions appropriately. In addition, they very obviously were putting checks and x's next to the questions that I was getting right and wrong. Overall it was one of the weirdest and least personal interviews of recruiting on-campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is WACC? How do you calculate?   1 Answer
    • How would you value a company? What would show that a company is in distress?   Answer Question

Consultant - Forensic & Litigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Davis, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round interview - was just behavioral & resume based, going through cover letter and resume to provide examples of how you can prove the things you listed & what you took away from your prior experiences.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important lesson you learned/took away from each of the work experiences you have had (one thing per job)   Answer Question

SummerHealth Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career site, and got an interview within a week. There were two 30 minutes interviews. Both of them were behavioral. Both of them were very nice and enjoyed answering questions about the company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

This company has no respect for others time. I had several interviews lined up on this particular day and the person I was supposed to be meeting with had me waiting over 30 minutes.

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for 30 minutes with an alumni consultant. The interview was more of a conversation about my projects and interests. Second step is a super day in NYC.