FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Questions had nothing to do with the position. Interviewer seemed rushed from the start- which made me feel uneasy. I wasn't even asked if I had any questions at the end of the interview. Very disappointed, especially after preparing for hours the day before. If all their employee's are as miserable as the interviewer seemed, I'd rather not work for FTI.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me after I submitted an application about 2 days after and conducted a phone interview. After that, I was told that I was to schedule another phone interview with another member of the team. I interviewed with about 4 different individuals on the team in the next few days, including 2 Skype interviews. About a week later, I had not heard anything back. I called, and they told me that they were still conducting interviews, and they would have an update for me the next day. I decided to send an email a few days later in which I finally received a rejection letter, but would like to keep me in mind for future opportunities. No big deal, it just wasn't a fit so moved on. A few weeks after, the recruiter contacted me again and said there was another opening for the same position and I was ecstatic so I tried again. This time, I had scheduled a video interview which felt very casual. Prior, I had already informed the interviewer that I would not be in town for a few days, she confirmed and we still proceeded with the interview. I received a rejection email ONE day later, claiming that they had already found someone to fill the role and extended an offer. This may sound bitter, but it felt extremely unethical, and like a waste of time which I suspect may be for filling a minimum headcount of candidates for interviews and I felt used. I have learned my lesson and will never interview for this company ever again, and share my story to encourage others not to as well, or at least not to invest much time with a recruiter or interview. It was very unsettling and a slap in the face for being someone who interviewed two different rounds at different times for the same company, to find out that the interview I spent so much time preparing for, for a second round was for no reason. I didn't get the offer because they never actually considered me in the first place. Had they mentioned that they already had the role filled and I wouldn't be considered, rather than having me interview and string me along, my experience would not have been this bad. Be honest to your candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to juggle multiple tasks with varying levels of priority   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to their representative at the University of Pittsburgh job fair then received a phone call a few days later. I was brought in with 9 other Interns and they introduced us to their software and split us up for individual interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• What is a class in object oriented programming   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person who couldn't take the time to listen to what I was saying. They interrupted me several times and were very impatient. Highly unprofessional. It made me not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you faced in your last job.   Answer Question

OCFO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard first-round on-campus interview with two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Very conversational and behavioral. The super day was 3 weeks after the first round. It consisted of a networking dinner the evening before and 4 back-to-back interviews and a written case. They were more technical than first-round interviews, but still very conversational. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy working with other members of the group.

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was simple. First round interviews are either a half-hour phone call or half-hour on campus interview. Within three days they get back to you to tell you if you made it to SuperDay, which is held at their office. I had three straight interviews with three members of senior staff. Almost all behavioral questions, some technical and depending on who you get, you may have a quick case. They look for people who are not only knowledgeable, but also personable and honest.

They got back to me within a week with my offer. Overall, amazing experience. Everyone there loves their jobs and are very kind and supportive!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. There were two behavioral interviews that were both very conversational. Both interviewers had been with the company for 9 and 13 years, which spoke volumes to me about the internal culture. They seemed smart and amicable and it was an easy conversation.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about experience working with data and skills developed from that.   Answer Question

FEDA Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Two 30 minute back to back behavioral interviews, really great people and good listeners. Love the culture, questions weren't too hard they really just wanted to see how well you fit in the firm. Make sure you know why you want the position, why FTI and why FEDA. Just relax, be yourself

Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Geneva, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview with alumni. Easy-going and relaxing process. Behavioral questions such as how I see leadership, resolve conflicts and group work. And also about my resume. Great experience to know about their company and having an interview.