FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Everyone, please make sure you do not have any grammatical error in the interview. I was rejected for this simple reason. Two phone interviews: After I finished my last interviews no one gave me the feedback until I sent an email to ask.

Summer Interview

Interview

I really enjoyed it; mostly behavioral questions. I coffee chatted some of the workers prior to the submitting my application and really clicked well with everyone. Overall, great experience and would definitely recommend everyone to apply!

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

I had around 6 phone interviews where I thoroughly discussed past project experience. I spoke with several Senior Directors who described the position and benefits as well as the history of FTI Consulting.

Senior Consultant-Retail and Consumer Products Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

One 30 phone interview and then an onsite which was 90 minutes-30 minutes with each person. I feel that I had a negative experience both in respect to the scheduling of the onsite, as well as the delivery of the news. About 4 hours after the onsite interview I was rejected. Literally, when I got off the plane I read the email from the recruiter stating I was rejected- the email was timestamped about 4 hours after the onsite. I question the extent to which they really deliberated over my candidacy. It seems like they made up their minds very quickly. The onsite component was super rushed. In the sense that they let me know Wednesday they wanted me to come onsite for an interview Friday, so I had to fly out the next day, Thursday, which made things really rushed. I asked if they could do the following week, but they refused. The recruiter was extremely short with me, saying she thought she had made it extremely clear that Friday was the last day to interview when she hadn't whatsoever. I don't know what her problem was.

The interviews were behavioral, no cases or anything which I actually think is problematic. I'm not sure if behavioral questions are enough to give an idea of whether I can actually do the work. Only 1 interviewer asked me questions which actually spoke to the business element. One of the interviewers actually suggested I look at other roles FTI has since they have a lot of open positions. He mentioned this when were talking about the company generally- that didn't really make much sense to me, unless he had his mind already made up by then(we were maybe 15 to 20 minutes into the interview). Less than 4 hours after the interview they told me I wasn't moving forward, which suggests to me their deliberation process isn't particularly rigorous- maybe when they know, they just know. I have no clue. I feel like I only clicked really well with 1/3 of the interviewers. It also seems that the majority of the people working in this role have about 6 years of work experience. Whereas, I only have 2. So it might not be a great fit from that vantage point, but that is maybe something the recruiter should have addressed. On the otherhand, I don't really feel like they honed in on my ability to do the job/asked probing questions that assessed my ability. The recruiter said the team didn't fit what I was looking for, but I don't know what the hell they were looking for.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

They try to get the interview process done in one shot that takes a few hours with several parties of varying ranks. One after another. There is little coordination so questions may be repetitive but the purpose is more does this person fit rather than can they do the job.

Technology Consultant - EDiscovery Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter a few days after applying for the job. There were 4 rounds of interview, which I think is a bit too much for an entry level position. I got up to the 3rd round of interview and all the questions were behavioral based to assess your communication skills and your ability to handle different kinds of situations within a team or with clients. All were phone interviews but 4th round is probably on site. This position is kind of unique so understand what eDiscovery is and what the firm does. Overall I thought the interviews weren't difficult but the interview process was too long (more than a month and 4 rounds).

Senior Consultant Office of the Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of the recruiting team taking me out to dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was at a nice restaurant and I had the chance to talk to several people and their experiences at the firm.

The day of the interview I had 4 interviews (3 behaviorals and 1 technical) with one interview being 40 minutes each, and a written test about a case that they had sent one week before. The whole process was very organized and the interviewers were downright rude and disrespectful. One of the interviewers was on his laptop the entire time during the interview, he even interrupted our conversation saying he got an email from a client. Another interviewer left the room for 10 minutes while I was sitting in the room. This was by far the worst interview I’ve been to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a time where you had to work with little or no data
      Why FTI consulting?
      Technical questions were very accounting-based. Some of the questions were:
      Where can I gather cost data from? What statement would be the best to analyze fix cost   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and helpful in regards to the review process. Kept in contact for weeks during the process and helped me to prepare. Was a great guy.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you had to do in the workplace?   Answer Question

Financial and Economic Summer: FLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Davis, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the 1st round of interviewing on campus after applying through my university's career center. Basic interview asking behavioral questions and going over your resume & experience. They'll ask you a technical question as well to see how you would go about solving an issue. You can find similar questions to these online. You will have time to ask the interviewer questions as well. Interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and was conducted by a Director.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why FTI?   Answer Question
    • How would you prepare if you were trying to impress someone with a presentation?   Answer Question
    • How would you prepare for an exam?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a goal but weren't able to achieve it and a different time you had a goal and were able to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • How many golf balls were sold in California last year?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I had the best experience interviewing for FTI Consulting! HR professionals have been very supportive and provided me with feedback and the necessary information before the interviews. They were constantly in touch with me.

I applied online and a couple of days later I was approached by the HR professional by phone. The phone interview was based on my resume and general fit for the role. A week later I had another phone interview with the Director from the firm. The interview was more technical, however, it was still based on my resume and past experience. The interviewer asked questions about how my experience in X/Y/Z is relevant for the role. Two weeks later I had the final round interviews at the office in NY. The first interview with the Senior Managing Director was based on my resume, discussion about current international affairs and general questions about my understanding of the role. The second interview was conducted by the Director and included typical technical questions. I was only asked to go through a DCF – I gave a very detailed answer, so I wasn’t asked any further finance questions. This was followed by a testing session. The tests are more difficult than in IB. The verbal and math test (GMAT style) and the article summary are not complicated, however, it is very difficult to finish everything on time. Don’t spend too much time focusing on one test or some questions and read the tasks carefully. Calculators are not needed.

All in all, the recruiting process at FTI Consulting is very pleasant. Employees are very friendly and are interested in learning a lot about your personality. They are interested in your thoughts –don't be afraid to express them even if they differ from everyone else’s opinion! That’s what they are looking for!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Walk me through a DCF