FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 668 of over 668 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

FTI Consulting

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

Interviewed with Senior Director - The position was ultimately filled internally. The recruiter first reached out to set up the interview. The interview was through zoom. Fairly early in the monring. More of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how your experience will translate to success as a consultant.
    Answer Question

FTI Consulting

Application

I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

Through a referral in FTI and had 2-3 rounds with the hiring manager and the team. After the 3 rounds, there was a quick assessment/case study to be completed before the final outcome. I received the final offer in about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about FTI Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

344.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=FTI Consulting~6069
Join the conversation on

FTI Consulting

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

The person who interviewed me in the RES division seemed extremely disinterested and didn’t even smile once. He ended the interview after 15 minutes. It seemed like interviewing me was a waste of his time as he didn’t even explain anything to me about the job or what my responsibilities would look like. He only cared about my experience which was rather unusual for an entry level job with little experience this far

Interview Questions
  • Explain how your experience has given you background in real estate

FTI Consulting

Application

I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

Economic and capital markets team, online tests then 1hr interview with v p and director. No response and no feedback. Though they were both friendly and did interesting work. Fairly standard Qs.

Interview Questions
  • General questions, understanding of the team, what they do, and who the clients are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

Walk me through your resume; Describe a challenge you had regarding communication in your past experience. why consulting; Answering basic questions like which office you prefer to work after; Do you need sponsorship now or in the future

Interview Questions
  • Describe a challenge you had regarding communication in your past experience.

FTI Consulting

Application

I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

Behavioral and technical questions conducted by several different employees. Ranged from how you work in teams/challenges faced to modeling exercises and accounting questions. Friendly interviewers. Conducted virtually. Nothing too unexpected

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

FTI Consulting

Application

I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

The interviews were all behavioral! The first round was a little more tense only because it was my first job interview, so I was naturally a little more nervous. The second round was wonderful and much more relaxed. I interviewed last week and have not heard anything yet, but I am hopeful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

FTI Consulting

Application

I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

Straightforward and simple process. Initial first interview was simple behaviorals and low-level technicals. Superday was a brutal 2 hour modeling exercise followed by rapid-fire technicals and behaviorals that lasted for the remainder of the day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

FTI Consulting

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

Several meetings with potential colleagues, managers. There was a strange interview with a 'benefits expert' who basically just wanted to know all the details of my current salary and benefits, without offering any information about what the company was willing to offer for the role. Final interview was with the Executive Director who was under the weather that day and could barely stay awake during the interview...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

FTI Consulting

Application

I interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview

Asked standard case study questions, along with typical interview questions (why do you want this job, tell me about your background, etc.). Multiple interviews with various levels. Looking for a culture fit.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 668 Interviews

FTI Consulting Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at FTI Consulting as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.87 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Analyst and Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Senior Consultant and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at FTI Consulting takes an average of 23 days when considering 545 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Senior Consultant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at FTI Consulting according to 545 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 34.71%