FactSet Network Security Engineer, Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FactSet

1 Interview Review

Network Security Engineer, Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a short phone screen with the HR person, and then a 45-minute phone screen with the hiring manager. Following that, I went on site at the Austin office for a day of technical interviews.

The on-site interview was from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Most interview sessions were 45 minutes. Initial introduction to the FactSet application, then a 45 minute technical interview, where one of the people came in 15 minutes late. Next were another two 45-minute technical interviews, and finally a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by a 90 minute lunch, then a wrap up with the HR person.

They had a very strong bias toward technical questions. Also very biased toward network security. DDOS mitigation, cross-site scripting mitigation, IPSec VPNs (GRE over IPSec; they are apparently unfamiliar with VTI), etc. This was to my detriment, as I've been away from the network side of things for a few years.

Interview Questions