FactSet Product Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Product Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, had a brief screening phone interview with an HR rep from Norwalk ("tell me about yourself") and then an in-person in the NYC office. Purely technical interview with the head of group - questions about basic finance and programming terms. ("What is HTML? What is CSS? What is SQL? Why is it called 'hypertext?' and 'markup?' Why is HTML not a language? What makes CSS cascading? Why does the value of a stock go up when a company profits? Why would anyone buy a stock? What happens to a bond when interest rates go up?") Basically no behavioral questions, other than "why are you leaving your current job?" The questions weren't very difficult, but the interviewer was inquisitive (though polite,) and really drilled into every topic - anything I wasn't 100% certain of, I got more in-depth questions on.

Interview Questions

• What happens to a bond when interest rates go up? Why isn't HTML considered a language?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially had a phone call to discuss consultant position. Interview day in late March was mentioned, but heard nothing for a few weeks afterwards. After sending three email inquiries, the day arrived, and I received a phone call asking where I was and why I hadn't shown up for the interview. I explained that I had received no emails regarding itinerary. Eventually, recruiter realized she had forgotten to notify me, and a new day was arranged. Interview process was not terrible - some rapid-fire math/Excel questions. About a week later, I received an email from a different recruiter asking if I would like to interview for a product developer position in New York. I expressed interest, only to find out that this position required more experience, and so I was asked to come in for an interview in Norwalk. This interview was in late April. Questions were easier here - some basic finance/accounting ratios, but mostly behavioral. Seemed to go well, and I was told I would hear back the following week. Again, I heard nothing back. I sent an email which got no reply. A few more weeks passed, and finally I emailed the head recruiter asking if I could at least get some feedback on my interviews. Finally - the middle of May, almost two months after my initial contact with their recruiters - I received an email regretting to inform me that I did not get the position, with no feedback.

The company itself actually seems quite pleasant, as did most of the people I met during the interview process. The recruiting department, however, needs to step its game up and work on its professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app? Give me three reasons why this is a good app from an investment point of view.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

on campus interview, then interviewed at HQ in Norwalk in October

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward final round of interviews. Got to meet various members of the team and get a feel for the company. Definitely behavioral focused. No cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted through career fair at school. I was asked to come to the Norwalk offices for a 3 hour long interview process. Very laid-back interview with 6 different employees, 30 minutes each. Mostly asked questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness that is not actually a strength?   Answer Question

Product Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet in June 2009.

Interview

Interview consisted of three 1:1 talks. Interviewer spoke quite a bit about there own role as well as plans for others who reported to him. Initially the interviewer had a list of notes but after a few minutes the notes were disregarded and not utilized and it felt more like a friendly and open conversation.
    Many of the questions focused on prior experiences. What was nice was that the interviewer was extremely forthcoming about where decisions come from in the organization. Interviewer also discussed up and comers in the department and who is trained one hundred percent and why others are not at this point in time and items the firm is addressing. It was interesting to learn about other roles as well higher up in the organization and the way certain things worked up-front.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would handle a manager who is causing or has caused you a great disservice?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you want to tell me that may have previously affected you adversely on the job?   Answer Question