Fidelity Investments Software Engineer/Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidelity Investments Software Engineer/Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview followed by a behavioral and technical interview at their office. They are both 40 minutes long. The behavior questions were comprehensive on what you would do in certain scenarios. The technical questions were fairly straight forward and manageable. There is also a technical interview assessment given online before the behavioral and technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Print a string out backwards.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a campus recruiting initiative. After an online application, I did a behavioral phone interview, and moved onto the next round. The in-person interview was part technical and part behavioral and lasted about an hour. The two recruiters at the in-person interview alternated asking technical and behavioral questions on UML, basic SQL, and project/situational "what would you do" questions.

Interview Questions

• Class diagram for a library management system, then explain inheritance based on your UML   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI) in September 2016.

Interview

First Phone Interview for initial screening with recruiter. She asked basic questions about why I wanted to work at company. We went over my resume. She immediately set up in person interview
    Then in person interview with 2 people. One was a technical interview. The second was situational questions.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied online, was able to meet with the HR recruiter in person at my university (would've otherwise had a phone call) where my resume was sent out to various groups to see if I would be a good fit. WIthin the week I had two interviews set up. First interview lasted thirty minutes with a manager and developer where there was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Was very nervous but they were easy going and questions were not too hard. Was called by HR within four days with an offer.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Interview

I applied for the LEAP program on their software engineering track after interning there last summer. I believe that the interview process is much easier for interns than for people applying immediately for a full-time job. The behavioral interview was pretty standard and basically just a conversation. Some questions were "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member?" and "Describe a time you received praise for an accomplishment." The technical interview was not too bad either. I think that I had a more difficult interviewer relative to others, but there were a couple questions about object-oriented programming (difference between abstraction and interface, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Write a program in pseudo-code that displays a 12x12 times table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Provo, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group phone interview, with each of the persons taking turns asking questions. It involved one technical question and a bunch of behavioral questions mostly related to team work.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with general recruiter followed by interviews with specific teams. Different teams ask different questions. As a developer most questions were Java, javascript, and linux based. Friendly HR, friendly managers. Great interviewing process overall, very efficient, upfront if manager doesn't pick you.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Used a recruiter and they suggested that I try for this company even though I wanted to get into a tech company at first. I first had a phone screen before meeting with the hiring manager. Next, I met with another manager and then a few team members. I was asked about work experience, asked to solve some programming problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was fairly informal for the most part. Then typical work questions in terms of how one would interact in a team environment, etc. Then, I was asked technical experience in any personal projects and such

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview has three parts: two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. Each part is about 30 minutes long. The behavioral interview is very self-explanatory. The technical interview includes basic questions about Java, SQL, OOP concepts and a little bit about web programming. The questions weren't very difficult. As long as you have good foundation in OOP languages and experiences in web-programming, you should do fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a salary. There were no negotiations.