Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

I had 2 on-site interviews: 1 with team members and 1 with Senior Leadership. It took about 3 weeks for me to hear back from them but the team leader was traveling and they had a few other interviews to conduct. The on-boarding process will take about 2-3 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you developed a strategy and executed it.   1 Answer

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in April 2020.

Interview

After the initial application, there were the recorded interview questions. Those are always stressful as its hard to not be talking with an actual human. But, practicing for them helped and I was able to stay relaxed. Then came a phone interview which was so much easier. Just chatting about the position and why you would be a good fit. Lots of opportunities to share your experiences in customer service. Then, I took the GATE test with a follow up call after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to talk to a dissatisfied customer.
      What is your outlook towards taking the Series 7 and Series 63 exams?   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The first step in the interview process was to use HireVue to do a recorded video interview. The actual interview consisted of seven questions, with two chances to record. Candidates can practice as many times as wanted ahead of time, log out and come back to do so again. That helped with getting the location, lighting and sound just right as well as alleviate anxiety about being recorded. I was able to see my videos on the practice yet not on the recorded session. My experience was that I heard back from a hiring manager within hours and was asked to do a longer phone interview. Detailed instructions were given, along with links to learn more about Fidelity and the job role ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about a time where I got feedback that my customer service had helped someone and to talk about how I knew it was helpful.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

There are various steps in the hiring process so I would get started as soon as you can. Practice your video interview several times with a friend because they do take it seriously. The phone interview is long, around 40 minutes and then you take a 45 question cognitive test.

Interview Questions

• How you plan to tackle the SIE test   1 Answer

Asset Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

It was very pleasant experience, and the interviewers were super personable and nice. Even though I didn't end up getting the internship, I strongly believe that they wanted me to succeed. The company is great, and I would definitely reapply for other roles in the future.

Interview Questions

• Most of them were about my skills, and how it translated into the role.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

There was a total of two rounds - considering this was during the COVID quarantine, the first was an introductory phone call, and the second was a video interview.

Interview Questions

• What did your previous book of business look like, and how did you get your leads?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

After applying online through Fidelity's career portal I waited through two months of silence before a company recruiter randomly called me in the middle of the day. I was in a meeting at the time and didn't recognize the number but I immediately called back once I saw the voicemail and left a message stating my availability for the rest of the week. Two days later during a time that I had not listed as available I was called again but I stepped out and took the call anyways. The recruiter only asked me two questions, neither related to my ability to do the job. The first was how much notice I would need to give my current employer and the second was my expected salary. I had a few questions for them but they were unable to answer any other than telling me to ask the team in the future rounds. I was then told that this team was looking to move fast so I could expect an email in the next few days to schedule a second round.

I got an email the next day, sent my availability for the next two weeks, then sat through more silence. A week later I emailed again and still got no response. Almost two weeks after I sent my availability I got a text message from someone at the company asking me to confirm my scheduled interview for the next morning. Late notice but I still had the time blocked off so I confirmed. This round was back-to-back interviews with two senior members of the team. The first person I spoke with seemed to have no interview experience. I could see them reading questions from a piece of paper then looking over the paper again to compare my answers with what was written down. They also ummed and ahhed every time they spoke. When I was given time to ask questions of this person they weren't able to tell me anything. Even a generic "tell me about the team culture" was met with an "I'm not sure". How are you not sure about your own team's culture? The second person I spoke with was highly arrogant. They'd ask me a question then interrupt me five seconds into my answer to talk about how whatever technology or process they asked about was being used by them and how good they are at it. This person was also unable to answer any questions but instead of saying they didn't know they would give me a runaround. As an example I asked about typical hours for this role and their response was that sometimes the hours would be normal, sometimes not, and that I'd have to see once I joined the team. How do you not know how often you're expected to work in your own job? At the end of this call I was told to expect another email within the week to schedule a third round.

This email didn't arrive until midway through the following week. Once again I sent my availability for the next two weeks right away. Once again I didn't hear back for two weeks and only through a text message the day before. The first part of this call was with another lead in the team and it was much the same as my call with the second person from the previous interview. The second part of the call was with the team's VP. This person was even more arrogant than the team leads and was also similar in avoiding answering any questions that might expose something negative about the team. Everything from me asking about hours to culture and even potential for growth were met with responses that didn't actually tell me anything. At the end of this call I was told that they were really impressed with me and I could expect to hear from the recruiter again in a week or two with results.

Three weeks later I hadn't heard anything so I sent a followup email to the VP and the recruiter but I never heard back. I tried again two weeks later with the same result. That was several months ago so I presume I didn't get the job. I don't mind not being selected but the way I was treated is not acceptable. It's bad enough to ghost a candidate in general, even worse to do so to someone who you dragged through every round of interviews using up several hours of their time, and even worse still to do so during a time when the company is posting on social media about how they care about people and are actively hiring. What makes things more disgusting though is that I'm a prior employee of Fidelity. Not that long ago I ended an almost 10 year stretch with the company where I was highly regarded. I had a referral from a current mid-level employee, have many other employees who can vouch for me, and had positive reviews every year that I was there. Some of the tech and processes I was asked about during the interviews were tech and processes that I helped establish. To be treated so callously as a well-regarded alumni is truly sad. In retrospect I shouldn't be too surprised as several of my contacts in the company had warned me that things had changed and not for the better. After my experience I took down the positive Glassdoor review I had previously left for the company and will be sure to think twice before applying again in the future.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in June 2020.

Interview

Role for JavaScript based tools for developing a new application called The Fidelity Retirement Income Experience. First was a call from recruiter, then 45 minute call with a hiring manager, then back-to-back 45 minute technical interviews with 2 people each. I was able to complete all the coding questions and pass all the test cases but perhaps it was a little sloppy or took too long because I was swiftly rejected.

Interview Questions

• Travel Directions Reduction. Given an array of characters representing the four directions, return a simplified array that gets you to the same place.   1 Answer
    • estimateGrowthPopulation. How many years does it take for a population to grow to a given number, based on initial population and percentage growth   1 Answer
    • "Check if edit distance between two strings is one" on GeeksforGeeks.   1 Answer
    • React App challenge: Render a given card component given JSON, add padding and display CSS properties to position the cards, render a list, render check-boxes, add component to add new cards and delete cards, add a dropdown menu to sort cards   1 Answer
    • "Guess the Gifts" on codewars   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Very smooth, everyone was very easy to talk to and seemed interested in talking to me. First had a phone call with a recruiter and then an interview face to face

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Multiple steps but fairly easy-exam portion was difficult and ultimately my downfall. Starts with a digital interview which asks basic questions about your past and experience, phone interview was straight forward and they give you a lot of helpful hints prior. The assessment was the most challenging and I scored a "moderate" and was still not offered that position instead they referred me to another position within the same department. The process was very lengthy and seemed to be drawn out a lot.

Interview Questions

• What is the series 7/63 and how do you plan on studying for it?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Seattle, WA) in June 2020.

Interview

General questions about past experiences. Contacted me after applying for a job listing. Held a zoom meeting where I could properly introduce myself to the managerial staff at the branch I was applying for. Followed up after to host an additional meeting.

Interview Questions

• When did you experience failure in your life?   1 Answer