Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the disadvantages of using a microservices   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Marlborough, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Consisted of 4-6 one on one interviews with employees ranging from general management actuaries (ASAs and FSAs) to Vice Presidents. It was definitely not the behavioral type grueling questions I was expecting. I also had the chance to go out for lunch with a couple of employees who had been hired in the past couple of years and it was nice to get their perspective of working for the company.

My advice, if you are confident in answering why you are interested in the position, the company, and of your knowledge of the importance of the position in today's economy, that is a big plus. The company seems like it is looking for bright individuals with great communication skills and a drive to excel in the chosen career.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions had to do with how the company and the position I was applying for fit into today's economy. What risks or challenges does the company face and how will the position I was applying for improve these risks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the lead up until the initial offer, I received positive feed back from various employees I had interviewed with and from my HR contacts. I did not negotiate the offer since the benefits/salary far outweighed my other offers from similar type companies.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was 50% case study; 50% behavioral

First round phone interview with two different people on two different occasions.

Final round interview super day of 3 back to back to back 50 minute interviews at Fidelity's Boston office

Interview Questions

• Typical case study question with a financial services-based subject matter   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (North Smithfield, RI) in June 2014.

Interview

Found on Monster by the HR person and conducted about a 10 minute screening and referred me on to the hiring manager.
    Another phone screen, she was about 15 minutes late, not a problem

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied and received an email from HR about 3 weeks later for a phone interview and set it up for the week after at 12pm. The recruiter promptly called me at 12pm. After hellos were exchanged, I expected for her to go into a little more detail about the position and company (Pyramis Global Advisors). However, right off the bat she threw the questions at me which took in total about 20mins (in hindsight the interviewer seemed to be in a bit of a rush).

After the questions, the typical salary convo took place, she asked me if I had any questions and let me know she would reach out to me by the next day to see where I was in the process. She also let me know if I would to get chosen, I would then meet with the hiring manager. I didnt get hired, but at least she did get back to me for what its worth

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily the most difficult but here are the questions I was asked.
      Why do you want to leave <insert company> and work for Fidelity?
      What brought you to Fidelity?
      What do you know about the role? Why do you think you're a good candidate?
      Give any examples of projects you've been given or spearheaded.
      When have you gone above and beyond the "call of duty".   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in September 2013.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with hiring manager. Then called in for panel interview.
    The panel had 5 people.
    All technical questions on load testing and loadrunner. Following panel another phone interview with another manager. Finally an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Questions on load testing.
      1. VUGEN
      2. Controller
      3. Analyser
      1. types of performance test
      Type of Performance Testing:

Load: analogous to volume testing and determine how application deal with large amount of data.
      Stress: examine application behavior under peak bursts of activity.
      Capacity: measure overall capacity and determine at what time response time become unacceptable.
      2. Testing activities
      1. Create user scenarios
      2. User Distribution
      3. Scripting
      4. Dry run of the application
      5. Running load test and analyzing the result.,   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Terrible, simply terrible. The people were disorganized - Not sure if they even understood what the job was about. Apparently, there was a system that was having serious performance issues and no one knew what to do. They were hiring somebody to try to figure things out.

Interview Questions

• Brief description of how performance of a system can be analyzed   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview with Human Resources was scheduled right away. The time frame between interviewing with HR and management was a little long, maybe a month later. I interviewed with the hiring manager/supervisor first and then his superior. The manager was nice and engaging but asked a ton of questions, and some of them were harder than others.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality I like and dislike in a manager? (trick question???)   Answer Question

Negotiation

"We will start you with __________"

Associate Interview

Interview

I have moved through 2 interviews so far, both on the phone. The next is in person. expect the s.t.a.r. method of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• provide a time when you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I have moved through two phone interview. The first one was with human resource, which was quite easy without behavior questions and she asked about the VBA and SQL skill level. The second one was with the department manager, which included some technical questions but was around the project experience.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

1st round on phone with HR. She was very friendly and arranged another phone round with director. I cleared that round and they called me for the onsite interviews. There were 5 1:1 interviews consisting of resume walk through, technical stuff present on your resume, stress interview, business analysis and business development based interview and HR interview. They got back to me saying they they have selected internal candidate which was really sad. Most of the reviews above state the same thing...that they hire internal candidates more.

Interview Questions

• Went too deep in technical skill sets even when not required for the position   Answer Question