Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the disadvantages of using a microservices   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Three step process. Met with a few different people. Took a long time to complete. Management let you know what they were looking for and took their time getting to know you.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I got an email a few days later asking to do a recorded Skype interview. Then I got an email asking to come in for an in person interview. They just asked normal questions. I think they only "considered" me because I was currently working there. They usually go with outside people for this role.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

They had close to 6 rounds where I was interviewed on algorithms, data structures and crypto related questions since the position was for the crypto team. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and I had a great time speaking to them

Interview Questions

Interview

The managers ask questions about the job when most of them have never actually done it. They have a list of questions but really do not understand the day to day of the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The first red flag was that they asked me to do a recorded video interview instead of a phone screening. Basically you have to sit in front of a laptop and record questions to preselected questions so that someone can review it later. They play a video with an HR person prior to the questions acknowledging that this is awkward but that honestly didn't really set my mind at ease. It felt very impersonal and a little bit insulting.

After that I had a phone screening on top of the video screening. The hiring manager asked vague questions and seemed unhappy with my answers even when I was simply repeating what they said to confirm my understanding. Overall it was a demoralizing and not especially professional experience.

As a side note, the emails I received from their talent acquisition department contained extremely strange wording. So much so that I thought it could be a phishing scam initially. I showed one to a trusted friend and he said, "Hmmm... you either get a job or they steal your kidneys." It's possible that these emails were written by someone who isn't fluent in English and that's fine... but it added another strange dimension to the entire process.

I got the strong impression that this is a company that doesn't want to waste much time interviewing... and that's fair. But they are very willing to waste candidates' time. I would advise anyone interviewing with Fidelity to proceed with extreme caution.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

i got a phone call from the HR and was asked to complete a recorded video interview. 4 weeks and 10 e-mails later, i got a reject. They told me they had hired a personnel from their organization. She apologized for it and said she will give me a call when they have another opening

2018 Non-Tech Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied and heard back the following day that I had passed the initial screening and was given instructions to complete a virtual interview on HireVue. None of the questions were technical. Very straightforward questions about past experiences, why Fidelity, etc. Still waiting to hear back.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied online and was reached by a recruiter after 4 weeks. Was sent a HireVue link to record my answers to questions via video. I read the "Terms and Conditions" of Hirevue and declined to go ahead with the video recording --I havent heard back from the recruiter since. Few issues: 1) I understand using technology but this way is very impersonal 2) Company is basically saying they dont trust their managers and recruitment team to converse properly and make decisions. 3) HireVue terms and conditions basically say that Fidelity owns all rights to the recording and they can use anyway they want for as long as they want and the applicant waives any rights. 4) I have also heard that HireVue does some Ai stuff on the videos with eye movements, blinking etc and analyze personality traits --this i a glorified lie detector cum gene therapy type setup and soon companies are going to go down for this service. Not to mention it can also breed gender, race bias.

I wasn't expecting Fidelity to use this kind of service, given their spiel about caring and connecting with people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First I had a virtual interview with 5 questions through HireVue. After few weeks, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview with a hiring manager. The phone interview was pretty casual. I was asked several behavior questions along with few tech questions about CS concepts. After 3 days, I received an offer.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I did a 45-minute in-person interview in a small white roomed wall next to an auction room. It was very sterile and everything echoed. The interviewer went through every single thing on my resume and asked extensive questions.