Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Interviewed with the VP of Ops. He said there were 30+ applicants which makes it hard to feel you have a chance. It was actually very conversational with touches on my resume and skills.

LEAP Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Brief phone interview (Interviewer was late and didn't communicate)
    Video Interview (Skills and Behavioral) (Both interviewers were late)

Overall unprofessional at every stage and they displayed poor communication throughout the entire process. The video interview lasted 45 minutes with 2 interviewers. One was technical and the other was with HR. Mostly Object Oriented Programming questions in the technical but for some reason this interviewer also asked behavioral questions.

Application

Interview

Digital Interview (One way). 6 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the questions. Although technically you have all the time in the world, they give you 2 opportunities to record your response. Don't bother with the first if you're stumped, let time go by and prep your response for the second try. There is no time limit while waiting to start the second recording. If you make it past the digital interview experience then you will be contacted by a technical recruiter from the LEAP program who will schedule an initial phone interview. Mostly behavioral and general questions about the LEAP program and why you chose Fidelity (Know company background, current events, and information about LEAP program). Make it past that then you will conduct a two part interview, 40 mins each roughly. One portion is behavioral and the other is technical. Behavioral is focused on your ability to work in a team, how you will handle certain situations, and general questions that relate heavily to your resume (STUDY YOUR RESUME AND JOT DOWN NOTES TO HELP YOU FORMULATE RESPONSES). Next is the technical interview which are a bunch of general questions that relate to the position you are applying for. Pretty simple if you know what you are talking about and actually paid attention in college. Overall it was a great experience and not too difficult, they work with you and make you feel comfortable throughout the whole process. I thought I did well on the interview but of course you second guess right after the fact. I ended up receiving an offer about 2-4 days after the final interview (Video interview) and accepted. Remember guys "Failure to prepare means you're prepared to fail". Best of luck and hope to see you all in January!

Interview Questions

• Just google commonly asked behavioral questions. literally the same thing!   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asking why fidelity, what you did at your previous job. I was declined moving forward due to credit history. If your have charged off items and derogatory items.. look else where. They will not hire you. Super sad. Seems like an amazing company

Gte Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Campus recruitment -
    I had written round at the beginning (more on aptitude and programming) and then after clearing that technical round followed. Final round was with HR. Later, the result was announced.

Interview Questions

• If I remember correctly then it is C++ inheritance related.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back the next day to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and only asked a few questions. She then sent me an email to take a LIMRA assessment that took 45 min. The problems are easy but the time limit ticks down in front of you so it adds a level of stress. I got a call back a week or two later to set up an in-person interview where you learn more about the job and get asked questions about your passion for service.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Filled out application online and was invited for an online interview via HireVue. The questions were pretty straightforward and took approximately 10 minutes to complete. I received an email 2 weeks later notifying me that my application was not selected to move further.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what it was about this particular position that stood out to you as a potential match for your next career move.   1 Answer
    • Is there any additional information that you would like for us to know about your experience.   Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied through Fidelity's in-house recruiting company called Veritude. I first received a call from a recruiter at the Boston headquarters to explain more about the job itself then she asked to setup up a phone interview with another recruiter at the Durham location. After I passed the phone interview I met with another Veritude recruiter for a face to face interview at the Durham location. There were about 8 other candidates waiting to be interviewed. was asked 3 questions about why I wanted to work with Fidelity and how I would handle situations with customers. I was then invited to interview on site with the hiring managers. It was a 2 hour interview with 10 other candidates which included a 1 hour tour and presentation about the company then all candidates interview with 5 different managers in a speed dating type session. Very different experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to show resilience? Tell me about a time you had to probe information from a customer? Why Fidelity?   Answer Question

Bilingual Investment Education Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews- 3 (one was in Spanish)
    In Person interview they flew me to NYC. It was just me and some other person. I ended up declining it because it was not enough money, and I had to pay for my relocation, but seemed like a cool job!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2017.

Interview

It's a 30-minute interview. Basically went through the resume and asked deep into each model I used in the project.
    No behavior question at all.
    Prepare well for the models you list on your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is random forest? What's the input attribute of the model?   Answer Question