Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Customer Representative Advocate Interview

Interview

This company disguises itself as "forward thinking" but it is a facade.

I spent over 5 hours between my actual interview, talking to a recruiter and taking their online tests. Working very hard to get this time off from my current job was NOT EASY!!!

1 day after my final interview, a recruiter followed up with me only to tell me I would not get the position because my sales background didnt quite match the current job being offered that is a customer service oriented position.

2 weeks of recruitment, 5 hours invested, several eyes on my resume, and a 2 hour interview it took to lead them to this conclusion...seriously?!??!?!?

This company and interview process was a giant waste of my time and luckily didnt cost me my current job.

Oh and did i mention new hires will often work weekends.

Do your homework before applying. There is a reason they look for people who have literally no financial background.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhome, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Rhome, TX).

Interview

Got an email about the company's hiring team being interested in my application/résumé after submitting application online. I had about a week to submit an online video interview. The video interview was on HireVu and hey asked about 8-10 questions and j had to answer them in 2 minutes or less with 30 seconds to prepare my answer.

Interview Questions

• What is your curry understanding of the Series 7 and Series 63 licenses? Have you ever had to obtain any licenses or certifications in the past? How would you go about preparing for this type of exam?   Answer Question
    • Here at Fidelity we work in a very fast paced goal oriented environment. Please describe some goals in your current or past position. How did you meet these goals?   Answer Question
    • In addition to providing excellent customer service, we often need to uncover the customer's unstated needs. Can you tell me about a situation in which you had to really dig and probe to find out what someone needed or wanted? How did you do that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The process was very easy and the people were very nice. The interviewers were very knowledgeable on their business and answered all questions with great detail. Overall it was a great experience.

Financial Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview that took about 15 minutes. After some questions about myself, I was asked some general behavioral questions. It is a good idea to know what a Series 7 and 63 license is, what the position entails, and just general information about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a career in finance? What interests you about this position/field?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a situation with an upset customer?   1 Answer
    • How was your peformance measured/evaulated in your previous job? What metrics were used?   Answer Question

Resume Returnship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very well managed, with multiple layers. The first step is a digital interview, followed by a conversation with a Human Resources rep, then an interview with a Hiring Manager, and finally, an interview with 1-3 people in the same organization as the Hiring Manager.

Retirement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cary, NC).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter was the first step. Fairly informal screening type interview. Once passed that stage, interview in-person. For me that consisted of a presentation to a group of us (rah-rah Fidelity) followed by an individual interview with two managers. The interview was primarily behavior-based (tell us about a time...). Have lots of examples! The topics were fairly typical and relevant to the job and what makes a good employee - pretty common sense

Interview Questions

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. Behavioral and case based interviews. Cases were based on business problems. In total, i met 6 folks including senior vice presidents and president of the group

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

This was, without a doubt, the most unorganized and horrible interview process I have experienced. All thanks to the recruiter who I was working with (Brittany). She was incredibly slow to respond, inflexible, and unprofessional. It appeared that the job had been filled, by the time we had gotten to the interview (which, by the way, took a long time to set up, due to her lack of communication and inflexibility). Rather than being transparent and just telling me, she wasted both of our time. She even ran through what the training process would look like, and proceeded to cut me off during my question time just to tell me that we would not be moving forward. From start to finish, this was a horrible line of events. Recruiters are supposed to get you excited about the company, and ensure a seamless interview experience. She did the opposite. For those of you interviewing at Fidelity, steer clear of Brittany, or be warned that she is impossible to work with.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

30 minute behavioral and 30 minute technical interview after a phone screening. Fairly simple: Who are you, what's your background, team work, projects, solve simple whiteboard problems. However, HR has a problem with communication as getting a response usually took days and a second email.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time a team member did not contribute enough to a project.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Amarillo, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews so far, with 2 recruiters before this, I will have another interview coming up, but said process should be quick after this one. Have to travel a lot for interviews