Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy most of the question were really challenging , i was able to make my case, they really liked my resume and skillset. It was quite complicated interview than i would imagine. Overall happy with the way they conducted the video interview and the technical telephonic interview.

Management Consultant Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. Behavioral and case based interviews. Cases were based on business problems. In total, i met 6 folks including senior vice presidents and president of the group

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

This was, without a doubt, the most unorganized and horrible interview process I have experienced. All thanks to the recruiter who I was working with (Brittany). She was incredibly slow to respond, inflexible, and unprofessional. It appeared that the job had been filled, by the time we had gotten to the interview (which, by the way, took a long time to set up, due to her lack of communication and inflexibility). Rather than being transparent and just telling me, she wasted both of our time. She even ran through what the training process would look like, and proceeded to cut me off during my question time just to tell me that we would not be moving forward. From start to finish, this was a horrible line of events. Recruiters are supposed to get you excited about the company, and ensure a seamless interview experience. She did the opposite. For those of you interviewing at Fidelity, steer clear of Brittany, or be warned that she is impossible to work with.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

30 minute behavioral and 30 minute technical interview after a phone screening. Fairly simple: Who are you, what's your background, team work, projects, solve simple whiteboard problems. However, HR has a problem with communication as getting a response usually took days and a second email.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time a team member did not contribute enough to a project.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Amarillo, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews so far, with 2 recruiters before this, I will have another interview coming up, but said process should be quick after this one. Have to travel a lot for interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Hirevue video interview: record your interview answers. Given two minutes to prepare and then two minutes to answer. Was fairly easy and less nerve wracking due to the fact that you're not doing a fce to face interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call with a recruiter, 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, and about a 2 hour onsite composed of four 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager and 3 engineer/architect/director.

The phone calls were pretty much the standard behavioral questions like why Fidelity Investments, tell me about yourself, what you'd like to do, etc.

The onsite interviews were most behavioral questions, but there was 1 "technical" round. The technical round wasn't based on problem solving, data structures, algorithms, team work or any of the standard technical interviews you'd expect. It was just a bunch of questions on specific parts of technologies and the expectation was that you would be able to read the interviewers mind and respond with the exact answer in his head. Other than the "technical" round, the other interviewers went pretty well; the interviewers were friendly and the conversations were good.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember any of the specific questions asked in the"technical" round. They were a bit ridiculous. No SQL/databse, data structure, algorithm, concurrency, programming language specific, etc related questions.   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 1st interview was with Hire Vue a digital interview. If your digital interview is done well, you will be invited into a branch for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a book of business?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy but the background checks were stressful. Language of action if not told truth on application. My job offer rescinded although I was truthful throughout the process. Instead of asking me about the job in question, I was rescinded the Friday afternoon before I was going to start on Monday. I was told that my contact was ill as to why I hadn't heard. Background check took one week after initial offer accepted so I waited two weeks for my offer letter plus I went in to get my badge. Totally unethical and immoral to be turned down for speaking truth and honesty plus being told so late in the process.

Interview Questions

• What's your retirement account experience like?   1 Answer

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied online, within a few days I was asked to complete a video interview (one way; answer prerecorded questions..make sure you have a working webcam and mic), from there I was asked to do a phone interview. At the end of the call I was told that I didn't have the passion for the role and that I would not be moving to the next phase. If you're going to interview, make sure you know about the series 63 and 7 in great detail, and if you don't already have them make sure you let them know how driven you are to get them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the series 63 and series 7 licenses.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and got invited to go through Hire View video interview. I was then contacted from a college recruiter rep. and was told I had a hiring manager wanting to speak with me. I then had a phone interview and later got an offer. Make sure you have examples of work and know why your skills match the internship you're trying to get.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had an issue presented to you and how you over came it.   Answer Question
    • Why are you wanting this internship, why fidelity.   Answer Question