Fiserv Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fiserv (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview was arranged by a Contractor. I had a phone interview first, followed by in-person two days later. Staff was well-organized and professional. They even arranged lunch as many were being interviewed that day. The interview itself was a panel interview and questions were well prepared as the entire interview only lasted one half hour. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a difficult Engineer who was non-supportive of Project Management processes and how did you handle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process- over 2 months from initial recruiter call to final decision. I was told that if I had been offered the job, it would be another 4-6 weeks to finish onboarding.

Overall, the process was very impersonal. The first questions the recruiter asked was if I was legally allowed to work in the country and if I would require a visa. The rest of the questions were read off a sheet of paper. Not conversational at all.

After that, I had 2 phone interviews and then an on-site interview. The hiring managers seemed to be on different pages about what they expected of the role.

I ultimately waited 3 weeks for a response after the final interview and had to chase the recruiter down to get a response.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Received an email requesting my expected salary range. Got a call to schedule an HR interview in 2 days. HR interview was full of general questions, eg. Career objectives, etc. Technical interview was scheduled a week later after passing the HR interview. Duration of Technical Interview was 2.5 hours. Mainly discussed my resume and some very easy technical questions. Interviewed by 4 people one after another.

Interview Questions

• How to find frequency of alphabets in a string?   Answer Question
    • Swap two variables without using a third variable.   1 Answer
    • Describe a scenario where 3 different process are trying to lock the same object. How would you design it?   Answer Question

PS Execution Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fiserv in May 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well. However 2nd interview with 3 managers was very unprofessional. I knew based on the one managers tone there was no way I wanted to work for this guy. I made sure I ended this interview as quickly as I could and stated this job was not a good fit for me. I would never consider working for this company!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fiserv (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

For being a globally admired company, I am shocked to see the reviews similar to my experience. The Fiserv recruiters seem to show a pattern of disrespect and unprofessional-ism.

I applied in February of 2018. I heard nothing for a few weeks, then a recruiter reached out to schedule a phone screen at the end of April. We scheduled the call and the recruiter completely missed the meeting. I emailed, called, and reached out via Linkedin with no response. Eventually I had a friend of a friend who works at Fiserv follow up. Randomly I received an email request for a rescheduled meeting the first week of May. This time the recruiter showed up and the interview was short and rushed but she said I was a perfect fit and would meet with the hiring manager in the next day or two.

I have not heard a single thing since. I have again followed up via email, phone call, LinkedIn and internal resources. At least have the professional courtesy to send a generic email follow up of yes or no at some point.

Interview Questions

• All very generic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary scripted interview phone screen.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Got a call from HR to set up a phone interview in the coming week. Had a phone interview around 2 AM with the director of software engineer and few managers.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the projects that I have worked on and am I willing to relocate   Answer Question

Applicaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fiserv (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

This was initiated by recruiter contact. I passed the phone screen with him. Later, the first level manager called me for a phone interview. He said I knew what I was talking about from our conversation. A day or so later, I got invited to a face to face in office. The first two level managers attended. at this meeting, I found I was not going to be submitted for a level 1 helpdesk role, which I applied initially. They wanted me to try for the application support role. Realisitically, I thought I was in over my head, but they assured me they could provide training. I left on what I thought was good terms. Later, my recruiter said they wanted to do another interview. This was to be by teleconference. I dialed in and entered the codes. I waited. And waited. 15 minutes of dead air. I called my recruiter. He tried to get a message in. No response. He had me call the manager. Not even vms. Basically, after jumping through multiple hoops, I essentially got ghosted.

Interview Questions

• How would you support a software app trouble?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Promptly received a call from a charming recruiter. Very positive experience there. Within a few days, I moved on to a telephone interview with the software team lead and two software engineers, and that's where things got strange.

All three of these folks were downright hostile from the moment they said hello. I did not let it bother me and remained polite and respectful, and did my best to try to keep the tone light. By the end of the interview, I had the distinct impression that they disliked me because of the field of my previous software development experience, which I understood they did not find interesting. They seemed bizarrely hung up about the whole thing, while at the same time they expressed absolutely no joy or enthusiasm for their own work. It's been weeks and I'm still telling people how absolutely bizarre this interview was, for an intern-level position paying the lowest salary for that position in the area (they told me upfront it was a firm $15).

Needless to say, I did not receive an offer, and the recruiter ghosted me when I politely asked for feedback on their profound displeasure.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter emailed me back to schedule a phone screening and never called on the date and time scheduled. Sent an email to reschedule the phone screening. Did not receive a response back.

Client Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv (Lincoln, NE) in April 2018.

Interview

Was contacted via E-mail from a recruiter (Christabelle) very nice and very helpful to setup a phone interview, during the phone interview it was fairly simple and laid back and not tech heavy. A week after the phone interview I was setup with an in person interview with 3 managers at the local office. The in person interview had a comfortable environment and was pretty easy to talk with the 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• Technical Background   1 Answer
    • If I was flexible with my schedule   1 Answer