Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffery Yabuki
1,119 Ratings

2,133 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance in the office (in 228 reviews)

• Depending on your job function work from home multiple days a week is acceptable (in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • difficult work/life balance, no bonus for employees (in 64 reviews)

• Upper management that does not care about employees or quality of work (in 69 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Getting better all the time"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fiserv's management cares. I mean - really cares. About employees as people, about the work and takes pride in it, about its customers and its ability to service them in a forward thinking, competitive way. Do they get everything right every time? No, but who does. Salaries are competitive, promotion avenues are plentiful and exercised regularly, career paths have multiple growth opportunities, and many positions come with bonus earning potential. Standards are flexible and logical, and largely adhered to. Input is freely asked for and accepted from the workforce to management, and historical tribally accepted directions are questioned for validity when appropriate. Work from home opportunities abound, both partial and full-time at every level. And people are generally nice, hard working, and desiring to get the job done. Fiserv stock options available within the benefits package as well at discount. Employee appreciation program can be quite lucrative too, offering a gift card based thank you system ranging from $50 to $1,000.

Cons

Medical/dental package - leaves something to be desired, but what large scale employer has a good one with what has happened in that industry the last 5 years? High deductible + HSA is the only one with a somewhat reasonable premium.

Fiserv will take whatever you give it. The careers here are demanding. Maintaining a work/life balance is YOUR responsibility, not Fiserv's.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to keep the reorgs to a minimum so employees can get acclimated to their role and thrive within it. We did well at that this year. Communication from the top down is also getting so much better. Can we find a better medical & dental package though? And please, please, please, let's get rid of Red Brick.

Dec 27, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We truly appreciate detailed feedback - your summary and specific insights are valued for their accuracy and transparency! We will make sure this gets shared with the appropriate internal resources... More

2. "Not bad place"

Current Employee - IT Professional
    Current Employee - IT Professional

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities
    Lots of work
    They really want process to be part of the day-to-day business - until it gets in the way.

Cons

Changing priorities
    Lots of work
    Not a lot of upward mobility
    Laptop technology is a little dated and no privileges to do the simplest of changes to your own laptop.

Advice to Management

Process is something that is not something that you do when it is convenient. Give us time to do a good job for you and we will rock it.

Dec 12, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for sharing these details. We're glad you're having an overall positive experience, and find it both interesting and exciting that "lots of work" is both a challenge and an... More

3. "Solid company with excellent outlook"

Current Employee - Marketing Content Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Content Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong brand, smart people, good focus on the client, excellent top leadership. (CEO Jeff Yabuki is a visionary.) Flexible work environment. Opportunity for advancement and ability to take part in bringing new ideas to the market.

Cons

Large, matrixed corporation, so there are the issues that come with that.

Advice to Management

None

Dec 12, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the kudos from the Dallas office! Stay #FISVProud!

4. "Intern"

Pros

Good environment to work in

Cons

Limited opportunities for Groth it career advancement

5. "Ok place,but advancement is non-existent"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Stable income, many attempts at employee engagement

Cons

They really need to build a path to advancement before all the talent walks

"Fiserv @ Our Mess"

Current Employee - Global Brand in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Global Brand in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The onsite perks at the Alpharetta office (excellent cafeteria, cafe, gym, wellness center), pay is competitive. This is all done to distract associates from the real issues that lurk behind the curtain.

Cons

Politics, fear of change, so much unorganized chaos within the Global Brand team, executive team unable to delegate and clarify roles; highest employee turnover rate of any organization I've ever worked in; we talk to ourselves, over-engineer processes and break our own rules = chaos.

Advice to Management

Clarify roles and responsibilities before hiring new people and bringing on more resources to add to the mess you've created. Delegate, and trust your teams to do the right thing on your behalf. You've got a death grip on all projects. They eventually die on the vine and/or get watered down enough that they doesn't make sense anymore to see through. The unrealistic expectation of approvals for even minor projects is embarrassing and demoralizing for us (Directors) that can't provide the final stamp of approval for our teams. We have all turned into account managers. We work around the clock on projects that we know will sit on our leader's desk for 60 days and then we'll get reprimanded for not having them completed months ago. Believe it or not, business units despise us. Credibility of the Global Brand team is weak for good reason. Each new hire to our team is seen as the brand new shiny new object that is going to fix everything. And as time goes on, each new hire tries to provide fresh insight, and quickly sees that the rest of the team is resistant to change and will unlikely be able to affect the status quo. Management: clean house before hiring more people to add to your soup of chaos. Accept when things aren't working well and be open to ideas - the way we've been doing things is clearly not working.

Dec 12, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We appreciate you being vocally transparent about your experience, and are committed to continuous improvement based on this kind of feedback. We have shared this with the appropriate internal... More

7. "Work environment"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

No micro management takes place

Cons

Long hours are a bit of a problem

8. "title"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people
    cafeteria on site
    decent office space

Cons

open office
    long dev cycles with tons of meetings
    half team worked remote

"Staff Security Engineer"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Laid back work environment.
    Work from home option.

Cons

Poor management, Poor Exe Leadership, Poor salary,

Advice to Management

Security training

10. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will learn a lot. Nice tech environment

Cons

HR not upto the mark

Advice to Management

Can increase number of holidays. Else everything was fine

Showing 2,133 of 2,198 reviews