Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

1,787 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a challenge (in 53 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't work closely with associates to better understand roles" (in 64 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Getting better all the time"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fiserv's management cares. I mean - really cares. About employees as people, about the work and takes pride in it, about its customers and its ability to service them in a forward thinking, competitive way. Do they get everything right every time? No, but who does. Salaries are competitive, promotion avenues are plentiful and exercised regularly, career paths have multiple growth opportunities, and many positions come with bonus earning potential. Standards are flexible and logical, and largely adhered to. Input is freely asked for and accepted from the workforce to management, and historical tribally accepted directions are questioned for validity when appropriate. Work from home opportunities abound, both partial and full-time at every level. And people are generally nice, hard working, and desiring to get the job done. Fiserv stock options available within the benefits package as well at discount. Employee appreciation program can be quite lucrative too, offering a gift card based thank you system ranging from $50 to $1,000.

Cons

Medical/dental package - leaves something to be desired, but what large scale employer has a good one with what has happened in that industry the last 5 years? High deductible + HSA is the only one with a somewhat reasonable premium.

Fiserv will take whatever you give it. The careers here are demanding. Maintaining a work/life balance is YOUR responsibility, not Fiserv's.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to keep the reorgs to a minimum so employees can get acclimated to their role and thrive within it. We did well at that this year. Communication from the top down is also getting so much better. Can we find a better medical & dental package though? And please, please, please, let's get rid of Red Brick.

Dec 27, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We truly appreciate detailed feedback - your summary and specific insights are valued for their accuracy and transparency! We will make sure this gets shared with the appropriate internal resources ... More

"Excellent, Growing Company with Vibrant Culture"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Fiserv is growing and exciting. The CEO is working hard to create a more Google-Style atmosphere in what was a traditionally stiff and uncomfortable industry.

Cons

Their onboarding and continued education was very lacking. Finding information about internal processes or technical details about products and services was a chore. You will have to work hard to do your own research.

3. "Great company for entry level positions"

Former Employee - Customer Solutions
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions

I worked at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full training program, soda machine, cafe, generous PTO for an entry level position, fun environment with fun lots of events.

Cons

Pay is ok, management can sometimes be disorganized, can have high call volume. Nothing major that you won't find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

New hire onboarding can be confusing and stressful when you don't have a direct supervisor. Great environment, just more structure needed.

Feb 23, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the kudos! We'll take your feedback and share it with the right internal resources so we can always be improving.

5. "Best place I've ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Cash Management Associate in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Cash Management Associate in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management and VP are all great people. Easy to talk to. They all keep you in the loop with what's going on in the company. If there's any changes the VP will personally hold a town hall for all the associates.

Cons

The pay could be higher. Bring back all the paid holidays off. It went from 8 to 6. Get an ATM on location.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Great company and great people working here!

Feb 23, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you for the kudos! We're thrilled that associates like you have helped us become a FORTUNE Most Admired Company 4 years in a row! Stay #FISVProud!

"Project Manager"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Decent coworkers, this job is what you make it.
    Work from home.

Cons

Work/ life balance. High medical benefit cost

7. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, full benefits, work from home, casual dress code

Cons

Benefits are a bit expensive

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the kudos! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our customers and our business.

8. "Way to go Fiserv"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great CEO - full offering - great benefits - truly a great place to work.

Cons

Trying to become one Fiserv

Advice to Management

Continue one Fiserv - investment in people and a forward thinking on financial services.

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We are thrilled and humbled your experience has been so rewarding, especially as journey together towards One Fiserv. On behalf of all Fiserv associates, we thank you for your dedication to our ... More

"Nothing too great"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Big organisation so lot of opportunities, some divisions allow working remotely.

Cons

Not as innovative as they may claim. Very reactive to the market, red tape and lots of unnecessary processes. lot of hand waiving by senior leadership but no real outcomes.

Feb 23, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We're disappointed to hear your feedback regarding our innovation and market-readiness. We appreciate hearing about your experience, though, and value your and all associates’ opinions as we strive ... More

10. "Product Marketing Director"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Financially strong, growth oriented company with an exciting work environment. A great variety of solutions and the ability to move across different business units ensures employees always have options.

Cons

For senior roles, Fiserv tends to hire from outside vs promote talent within the company.

Advice to Management

Create a mentor program to nurture and groom internal talent and promote from within more often. You lose good people when you only fill senior positions externally.

11. "Good organization but separate departments and business units not so synergistic"

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers decent benefits

Cons

Education and healthcare benefits are not so great

Advice to Management

Ensure that each employee is respected and his/her input is equally considered

Showing 1,787 of 1,842 reviews