GEICO Management Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Management Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a days event. Really long. Involves testing, Manager interview, HR interview. After the interview, the offer was made on the spot and they have a drug screen and background check before extending the official offer.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Getzville, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Wouldn't describe the 'process' as an interview, as I was not asked to explain my credentials/skill set. Instead Geico relies solely on a battery of tests including personality tests, aptitude tests, and role playing to determine if candidates will continue to the next 'level'. Management Development Programs should reflect a firms' interest in offering opportunity to members of the workforce that demonstrate ability, not to those who already possess the skills. Also, I found it paradoxical that a firm with such a high turnover rate would also demand that candidates conform to such strict metrics. The tests themselves are not 'difficult' per se, however to waste 3 hours of a candidates time on testing is telling of a firm which is less interested in investing in employees and more interested in a recruitment bottom line. A fifteen minute conversation would easily reveal a candidates worthiness for the revolving door positions that Geico is continuously hiring for. Ultimately the question remains; why is the recruiting staff so dependent on tests which give little insight into how a candidate will perform as an employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later asking me to take a Caliper assessment. Which as many mentioned, there are number patterns to identify and spatial problems and personality questions. Once you have completed that step then you are asked to do a digital interview which involves questions displaying on a screen and you have to record yourself. You get 1 try and a 1-2 minutes to prepare before it starts recording. Very awkward,as I am much better engaging with another person on the other side. I am now waiting for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• The MDP involves a 3-4 month rotation schedule in which you may need to work nights and weekends, are you comfortable with this?   1 Answer
    • The starting salary for this position is $47,585, are you comfortable with that?   1 Answer
    • Describe your management style.   1 Answer
    • What if you had an associate the met expectations but you knew they were capable of more, how would you handle it?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredonia, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredonia, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was decent. I signed up at school and interviews were held on campus. The interviewer was very nice and it was a laid back experience. However, I did not go past the first round of interviews, because I had heard negative things about the program.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I had to do an initial phone interview so they can screen you and see if you have taken appropriate courses, then a personality assessment which seemed a bit ridiculous.

Management Development Program Interview

Interview

I feel like I dodged a bullet on this one, in hindsight. Let me start off by saying what is great about the interview process, because Geico does a thing or two right in spite of my complaints here.

The HR representative was kind and courteous, even if their questions were clearly read off of a list, that's just the process. This individual did a fine job, and we got to make a few fun jokes to keep things lively where possible. The female representative during the role play did a fine job as well, and I did find her to be respectful. Both the HR rep and the female role-play representative did a fine job in being timely and reaching out to me at the specified times, and also scheduling me for the next phase promptly each time.

But the negatives are pretty overwhelming in regards to the professionalism of the staff, in a general sense. Firstly, the recruiter missed my phone call appointment in the first week. She was still responsive and got back to me quickly after I reached out to her, and we rescheduled it, but that is an issue to be mentioned.

Secondly, the role play is putrid, as was Henderson's male interviewer. When I arrived, he rushed passed me dismissively and didn't shake my hand when we met, which is atypical etiquette, and made sarcastic remarks with some regularity. I can't tell you how unpleasant that was, and he was quite rude on the phone too. That's not part of the role-play, that's bad people skills and management, and it really set the wrong tone right away.

As for the role play itself, they give you 30 minutes to memorize (by listening to an audio and reading along) how to utilize five-ish forms, learn the claims process in its entirety with no formal training, plan out your daily routes based on a poorly designed map and graph, and go through some scenarios. In the first scenario, you need to go through a basic customer claim and payment. If we were given more time to acclimate to the forms and claims knowledge, then this would be, far and away, the easiest part of the interview. The second part of the role-play has you negotiate with a hard-balling repair shop. Having frame-off restored cars in the past, I have a bit of experience with parts and expenses, but the role-play individual was apparently unwilling to hear these ideas at all, making it a glorious stonewall. This is the hardest part, so think about tactics here. The third part sees you negotiate over the phone in a less tense scenario, and you'll need to interact with customer about their repair afterwards. This part was fine.

What bothers me about that role play most is that we can't ask questions once it's started, and it runs a whopping 3.5 hours without a break. That is a long time to leave an applicant hanging out to dry, as many applicants have no experience in this field and may need clarification opportunities at least once. And if you want to make it realistic, those opportunities should be there. And yes, as every other interviewee says, you have a very small desk with all of those forms, making it hilariously claustrophobic in hindsight.

If you interview here, you may end up appreciating your own workplace more. I know there were things I could do better, absolutely, and to ignore this would be to diminish the value of my own post here. But I'd rather work for a company that emphasizes proper training and time to learn the materials, rather than a sink-or-swim scenario that few applicants pass. If you don't have a firm grasp of claims concepts from a previous job, just don't bother. It would certainly be nice if they stated that more on the job description.

Interview Questions

• Many STAR questions typical to any job interview during the phone interview portions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Newark, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

It begins with a 30-45 minute phone interview. If you do well most likely then and there you will be told that you advanced. The next thing is to take a timed 10-15 minute assessment. Following that test you have to take an analytical caliper exam which was more personality based and some math questions. After that you have a second interview which includes many hypotheticals and situational type question. If you have made it this far you'll have the role play. The role play you are assigned 5 tasks after having 30 minutes with a packet. They don't tell you anything at all. It is very tough nothing really that you can do to prepare. If you make it past that you will most likely be brought in to have an interview with the manager if not they will tell you " We'll get back to you in a few days." If you hear that during the interview process you most likely did not get the job and they simply don't want to tell you that you are not advancing until a later date.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company?
      Why Auto Damage?
      Why Geico?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks to get through the process. Phone interviewed and heard back from the recruiter the same day. I was not accepted into the Management Development Program- Claims, but was told I should apply for a lower level position and work my way up.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied online then was directed to complete an online assessment. Before completing the assessment I was contacted by a recruiter for a copy of my undergrad transcripts. i sent those over and completed the assessment. I had a Phone Interview a few days later she asked me some basic interview questions that I felt I knocked out of the park. She was very polite and easy going. At the end of the interview we discussed next steps which would be an in person interview with another on site assessment. She said she would contact in a few days if I made it (which usually means you didn't). Few days later I got an email saying they weren't going to continue with my application

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Arlington, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Every interview was over the phone and very impersonal. The recruiter is reading off a list of questions and recording all your answers. There are no follow-up questions or room to develop a conversation to dive deeply into the topics.