GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,046 of over 3.0K interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

after application you are given a personality test followed by a multitasking test. If you pass these they will then invite you for a phone interview to review your work history and then behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • how did you handle an upset customer?
    Answer Question
12 people found this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

Very standard aside from the fact that there was no initial coding challenge. There is a behavioral interview with recruiter/hr then a technical interview with engineer. The first behavioral interview was conducted on the phone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

It is anvideo call interview im assuming from the pandemic I am only filling this iut to access glassdoor my interview doesnt have a set time or schedule you just sign in

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

Technical assessment, 1on1, and final round is talking to 4 people(manager/lead level) in a row. The test was easy, they also asked about some modeling experience, be prepared that you might need answer very detailed questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in Jul 2021

Interview

I took 2 online assessments that were pretty easy and was invited to do a recorded interview. The recorded interview was drawn out and was a bunch of STAR based questions along with questions asking if you're ok with working overtime and "going the extra mile". The recruiter was very responsive and I was then invited to do the the role-play simulation. I did not expect to make it passed that point since it was pretty difficult as described by everyone else here. I kept my cool and tried to give great customer service and I was happy to hear that 2 days later I was selected for a final interview with the hiring manager and the recruiter. The recruiter ended up not being there and it was only with the hiring manager. I did the final interview which was a typical interview with canned questions followed by a description of the training. I was allowed to ask any questions I had at the end and I felt pretty confident that it went well although I felt something was off. After some browsing here, most people had said the final interview was more of a time for them to get to know your personality. Looking back I realized the hiring manager didn't really ask any questions to get to know me personally and solely asked the canned basic interview questions followed by some Q and A. He also looked like he was just "going through he motions" as he lifelessly read the interview questions. Regardless I felt pretty good making it through the end and in my head I thought the final interview was more of an over-view of the job and almost a done deal if the interview went well. Surely I didn't think they would make me go through the WHOLE interview process up until the end and not offer me the job. I was wrong. I felt the interview went well. I made "virtual" eye contact, gave good examples for the STAR based questions...a lot of which were just the same questions from the recorded interview which I found odd but I was confident and calm. Rarely do I think that I do a good job on an interview but this time I felt ok about it. I was genuinely excited for the position and asked a lot of questions. They explained the training process and even made comments like "oh, yeah you're so close you can commute there". In the end I wish they wouldn't of strung me along for the whole a process and keep my hopes up only to be crushed in the end by an automated email saying my application wasn't considered. No email from the recruiter. No phone call. That was it. Pretty cowardly if you ask me. I had to email the recruiter asking for feedback as to why I didn't get chosen after all that. (Still waiting for a response though I'm not holding my breath). Although I REALLY wanted the job it's probably for the best as I wouldn't want to work for a company that acts like this. It just shows me they don't care about you and as an employee I probably would be treated like a number since they "ask for a lot of you" as said by the hiring manager. After reading all the reviews of how geico treats their employees terribly it looks like I dodged a bullet on this one.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict where the customer wasn't happy.
2 people found this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

Interview process was good job was not. There were 3 interviews one over the phone and two in person. The recruiter was very nice she helped me through the interview and then the on boarding process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me why you would make a good leader

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

very bad, was too much and the lady on the phone was rude. they have good pay but the process is not worth it. do not recommend its just geico not the fbi

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Sarasota, FL)

Interview

A gigantic waste of time. They require you to provide transcripts, then there are two phone interviews with an HR rep, then comes an extremely awkward roleplay complete with lag and a cramped screen that you remotely control, and finally you have an interview with a bunch of managers that keep thanking you. After all of these hoops you are told that you will hear from them the same day with a decision, but you don't because your time is worthless to them. Definitely feel like a bullet was dodged here considering they obviously do not care about wasting an applicant's time by putting the stupid "let's meet the managers" parade at the end of the process. I won't be at Geico as an employee and I soon hope to say the same thing in regards to them as my insurer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GEICO (Palmdale, CA)

Interview

Process is very long and it’s not easy. 1) First steps is to take personality assessment and caliber test. This is fairly simple and if you have taken other assessments for other positions it is fairly similar. 2) if you pass the assessment and caliber test you will receive an invitation to do a recorded interview. The recorded interview can get intimidating and in my case the video wouldn’t record so I got the chance to do a phone interview. The questions were scenario based questions and also what skills and experiences do you have that will help you in the field type of questions. 3) THE HARD PART If you pass the recorded interview part you will pass to the next section which is a stimulation role play. This is crucial and they look for certain behaviors. It is your make or break part. Basically, there is 3 Role plays in which you will participate in. The most important part about this type of assessment is that you must 1 remain calm and 2 remain professional and 3 BE ORGANIZED. Be sure to highlight and bold as much as possible and take little notes so that you remember once the role-play kicks in. I personally thought I did horrible but apparently I did well enough to where I was moved to the next level. 4) The final part is the interview with managers. I did a virtual interview with the hiring manager and it was questions with them basically trying to get to know you. It was less tense than other interviews and it’s basically them trying to figure out how your personality is and what you can bring to the table. Overall the experience is definitely not your typical interview experience but then again you’re not applying for a minimum wage position. I received a call stating that I passed the final interview however the position was taken and at this point Im for another postion to open. From what I read as well, they do a hair follicle drug test so make sure that you are able to pass that before you even waste your time in this long process.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage multiple tasks within a short period of time ?

GEICO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

Standard interview process. You take tests that test your computer skills & multi-tasking competency. If you pass that you move on to the interviewing stage where they ask behavioral questions and other typical interview questions

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when expectations changed and you had to meet a deadline

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

The interview process was just one big interview with two separate people. First with HR then HR took me into a conference room with supervisors from the department. a typing test was required with a minimum of a certain amount of words per minute.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,046 Interviews