GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017
1,925 Interview Reviews

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

The process is very easy compared to others. In two days i was done with the online assesments they have you complete. A week later i was asked to complete a video interview, whivh you are not timed on. You have 3 chances to rerecord your answers if you dont like how you originally responded.

Interview Questions

• Please specifically describe what you know about the Auto Damage Adjuster position and why you are interested in it. Focus your response on why you want to work in the Adjuster position, and not why you want to work for GEICO.   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I filled out my application online and within 48 hrs I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. If you pass the phone interview you're invited to come in and take the assessment (typing & multitasking). After successfully passing the assessment you then will be invited to do a face to face interview with HR. After passing the HR interview, you now have to do a Role play! The role play was the HARDEST. If you pass the role play you'll shadow with someone in the department you're interviewing for, then you'll have am interview with the hiring manager. That's when you'll find out if you got the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long, be prepared to be there alll day and possibly have to come back another day as well! They expect someone who is upbeat and outgoing, especially during your supervisor interview. Oh and if you don't have good credit don't even waste your time applying.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. describe a time someone didn't want to do something and you helped change their mind   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three Phone calls + 2 tests + role play. Everything was okay until the role play. Even though the way that they set up role play looks professional , employees acting like customer -repair shop ...etc they just read the script in front of them and if you ask any question they try to find an answer from the sheets they have. Since they were not even ready for the role play how would i ? It is fun to have an experience but at the end i did not qualified for the position because of the role play. Ohh... you need to stay away for 2 months in another states for your training. They will cover the expenses and you get paid during this time but if you get less than 90% success , you go home...Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual , STAR base....at the role play they give you 30 minutes to listen a recording and 5 min to prepare. You act like you already have a similar job in a different field and deal with customer-repair shop and estimates...All papers they provide needs to fill up...Quite stressful ,takes 2-3 hours but at the end if they say we will contact you then look another job :)   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Intense phone interview, followed by an assessment. The HR rep was nice she told me to be prepared and give insight on how she grew within the company. It is an overall great company to work for. The invest a lot of training in their associates and the program seems challenging but rewarding so far

Auto Damage Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Positive process with personality assessment and standard phone interviews. The next step after that involves a role playing exercise in person, follow by a potential interview with management.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your former employer how many days of work would you say you have missed.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process of this program was very thorough. There was a phone interview, a video interview with a recruiter, a caliper test, a face to face interview at GEICO headquarters in Maryland and an interview at the Regional Office you are interested in working at. I made it to the final round, but I believe the executives thought my background and experience didn't match the skill set they were looking for in the program. Nevertheless, after going through the process, I have a lot of respect for the associates who work at GEICO and the vision of the organization. They are fully dedicated to their firm and their work and that's respectable. I would recommend this opportunity to others.

Interview Questions

• You seem to have moved up rather quickly at your current organization. Why are you interested in leaving? Why GEICO?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO in September 2017.

Interview

First there was an assessment. And then a timed reading comprehension and spacial perception test. It is timed so just be aware of that. I didn't think that I passed because I didn't finish it but I did. Next comes the role play. I had to wait about 15 minutes for them to get setup because I got there before anyone was even there for the day. They take you ink a room, explain the instructions, play a 30 minute recording for you that explains everything. And then comes an hour of torture. You have to answer phone calls, negotiate prices with them, schedule a day of visits. There was a lot of papers and it was difficult to keep them organized and figure out exactly what I had to do. After I was done, only one of the guys came back to tell me that I would hear something in a few days. The other one didn't even say bye. I knew I wasn't going to get the job after reading a bunch of reviews on here. I didn't get an offer but after that role play, I realized the job is definitely not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you received criticism at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day from a recruiter. I had a brief (about 30 minutes) phone interview. It consisted of verifying the position I was interested in, why I was interested in the position and the company, and discussing my employment history. I scheduled an in person interview for the following week.

The in person interview consisted of a typing test; once I passed, I moved forward with interviewing with a hiring manager. The interview questions were similar to the phone interview, but she also asked behavior (STAR) interview questions. After the interview, I role-played as a claims representative. The hiring manager then moved me forward to shadow a claims representative and meet with the claims manager. After interviewing with the claims manager, I was offered the job.

Day of the Interview: the process took 5 hours, so if you get an interview, please make sure your day is clear!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt you didn't provide the best service to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you failed at meeting a goal. How did you handle it going forward?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone interview. It went well then I was emailed for a f2f interview and I scheduled that the following day. The lady in the counter set me and 2 other people, one girl and one guy in a room where we took a typing test and a multi-tasking test. There was a practice round, and the actual test itself. I bombed the first part, but did excellently on the next... The girl was sent home and I overheard the lady say she'll email her about the next steps. Then another woman comes out and says congratulations to me and the guy and I was picked up by interviewer #1. Asked basic questions like Why should we hire you? Have you ever worked in a goal oriented environment? What are your qualifications? What roles prepared you for this job? Why Geico? -- Then did roleplay. Interviewer left me in a room with a packet to study of a fake company to see well how you would deal with customers on the phone. It was pretty nerve wrecking. Everything you need to know is on the papers and how you handle it is entirely up to you. If you pass that, you get interview #2, then if that person likes you, they place you with a CSR to listen in to their calls to make sure you know what you're getting yourself in to. After that you finally talk to a hiring manager and they ask you everything Interviewer #1 & 2#2 asks. Make a good impression because this is the person who's gonna offer you a job.

At the end of the interview, the hiring manager offered me a position, explained the pay and benefits, and had me sign some paperwork. Next day, they sent me the computer offer that included request for info on background check as well.