GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GEICO

2,721 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple of days later for the multi tasking test. Relax, focus and you will do fine. Next I received an invite for q phone interview. Spoke to an Hr lady who ask me some behavioral questions. If you pass that you will be told to set up an role play interview which was online due to the virus. Read, read, and read. Everything you need to say is on the screen! If you pass that you will get set up for an online interview with the hiring manager! Good luck! You got this!

Interview Questions

• When you had q difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

Longest interview process I've ever encountered. Like... by far lol. Seemed unnecessarily intense for an entry level position. Almost felt like they were trying to shake you to weed people out. If you prepare thoroughly for the interview with examples of customer service experiences, you'll do fine. Stay friendly and upbeat!

(This might differ from the regular process as I was on-boarded virtually due to COVID-19)
    - Personality assessment
    - Phone interview
        - this was the hardest part IMO
        - my interviewer was extremely cold and unfriendly
        - was asked a lot of rapid-fire questions based on negative customer service experiences
        - interview seemed to follow a reverse order, for example, tell us why you'd be a good fit for this position was the last question my interviewer asked me
        - pay is not negotiable
    - Role play
        - challenging, but if you read the materials thoroughly and maintain a positive attitude, you should be ok!
    - Interview with hiring manager over video chat
       - this was actually the easiest part

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply with Geico?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think that you are qualified to be a customer service representative with Geico?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you persuaded your coworkers to do or change something.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were given a deadline. What did you do to meet that deadline?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer was upset with you or the service they received. What did you do to fix the situation?   Answer Question

PSA II Interview

Interview

The entire interview is extremely Long and ended randomly took me two months to go through the process. The excel test is more like recruiting for a senior insurance analyst.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

A phone interview, skills test, role play, and Skype interview. The process doesn't usually take this long, but with Covid-19 everything is done remotely and has to be scheduled differently than their usual process.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you see with working remotely and how will you handle this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Several phone interviews. The job was a customer service job, where they emphasized cross selling insurance products. There was no commission offered. I also questioned on how you can sell insurance products without a license?

Interview Questions

• The usual text book HR questions. "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"   1 Answer

Product Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied online, through the Geico website. About 2 days later, I was emailed a questionnaire to fill out within 5 days. Then they began the interview process, first by requiring a virtual aptitude exam, and then by conducting interviews. The interviewer was very engaged and kind, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and not that difficult. Everything is done virtually because of COVID. Phone interview then test online, then another interview. Background check.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in August 2020.

Interview

Very long interview process. After applying you are invited to do a personality test and run a simulation program to test multitasking. You are then scheduled to do a phone interview that lasts about an hour mostly focusing on what you would do in hypothetical situations and previous work experience. After this, you are scheduled for a role-play interview online which can be very tricky and definitely the hardest part of the interview process, try to read the documents provided thoroughly and take notes. After that you do a video interview with a hiring manager answering further questions. I took me about 2 weeks but you can theoretically schedule everything in the same day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to had to persuade a coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2020.

Interview

For COVID-19, the phone screen was calling my phone number listed in the interview. I was to select a scheduled date and time from what they offered. They gave a detailed list of my pay, start date, and the training schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Will you have a quiet place to work?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Applied then got an email a few days later, took the assessment, scheduled a phone interview, easy questions, got called in to do another interview, I had to answer more questions and they gave me scenarios.