GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2018
2,195 Interview Reviews

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied online and then there was a phone call with a recruiter for about 45 minutes. Then I got invited to the office to do the rest of the process all in one day. It consisted of two online computer assessments; one was about your personality and solving patterns and the second was more of a simulation giving you a glimpse of what you would do doing in the job. Then, I had another interview with the recruiter which was more in depth than the phone interview. Then, I moved on to the role play which was a bit challenging, but I am sure it is meant to induce a little stress to see how you react. Next I got to shadow an employee and see what exactly the day to day of the job entails. Finally, there was a final interview with a manager and a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: basic questions about yourself, what leadership roles you have taken, and one or two behavioral questions
      First In Person Interview: more about your experience, how you would handle certain situations, more behavioral questions
      Final Interview: why Gieco/insurance? , why MDP?, how would you motive your team members? , what if you knew someone wasnt preforming at their potential/reaching the goal that is set for them? , etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Just finished HireVue interview and waiting to hear back from recruiter regarding the next steps in the process. I feel very optimistic and look forward to the next stages in the process.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in May 2018.

Interview

I have never written about a companies interview process but this interview was truly the worst one I have ever soon. It is completely unprofessional and they try to intimidate you during the interview. They put you in a room all by yourself and make you listen to a half hour recording that talks about all sort of claims information. You have to try and remember everything about the claims process and the packet is nearly 18 pages long. Once done with the recording they start grilling you over the information. They talk very quickly to try and confuse you and try and make you mess up. I have never seen such an unprofessional envieonment and walked out during the interview. Who would want to work for a company that trimes to intimidate and scare you during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the claims process even though it's an entry-level position   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an application process followed by an hour long phone call with HR . this was followed by an hour in- person interview with a hiring manger. The experience was long and not rewarding. It made me want the job less.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in May 2018.

Interview

The whole process was a waste of time! Passed everything except the role play that I had no idea on what to do. I feel that it was unfair. Started at 9:30 and left at 1.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario questions. Make sure you go into detail. She asked scenarios based on the position also.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I took and passed the test. Was told I was amazing. I was not able to start training on their first selected date. I was told to call for the next round but nobody ever responded.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Trying to get a job at Geico is like trying to get a job at the FBI or CIA. First you apply to the job online and as part of the application you are given a personality assessment. This is pretty standard yet pointless. (Does anyone tell the truth on these?) If you pass that A recruiter calls you and sends you 2 more assessments. This time one that tests comprehension and math. They were also pretty easy and yet again pointless. If you pass that you will then get an email instructing you to call 1 of 5 different numbers (depending on the day of the week) to schedule a brief 15-20min interview (It will actually take 45+min) This is a basic phone interview where you go over the jobs on your resume and why you left. They will tell you more about the position and if you are ok with all the requirements. Training is 9 weeks straight in 2 different states. She will ask if you are ok being away from home that long. I hear the training is pretty grueling and you have to maintain a 95% or you are kicked out and sent back home. If you pass this interview you then schedule another phone interview with another recruiter this time a more indepth one where they will ask you different STAR type questions. I made it this far (mine is tomorrow) If you pass this phase you then have to come to one of the local shops to perform what i hear from reading on a few different websites a pretty crazy in person role play. (Read some other reviews for more info on this as I have not done it yet but it sounds pretty difficult and over the top.) If you pass this you have one more interview with a manager of some sort. And then offered a contingent offer based on a background check and a drug test. (FYI they test your hair not urine) I honestly think I will be taking my name out of consideration as this is a little over the top.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

One of the longer phone interviews I've been on. Definitely vigorous and were really analyzing your answers. They repeated a lot of questions it seemed, unsure if that was intentional to judge consistency or just their process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major?   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Asked me complete Assessments which contains logical thinking and it took almost an hour to complete. I completed late night and the very next day got a reject email saying position is filled.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Friendly, positive, and thorough. Went through testing, role-playing, and observing. The computer assessment test was a brief introduction of what was to come. The roleplay was light compared to true life encounters. The observation time was a showcase of the work. Overall, everyone I interacted with seemed positive.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled difficult customers in the past? How did you try to solve the issue?   Answer Question