GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,694 Interview Reviews

3.3

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

The process is very easy compared to others. In two days i was done with the online assesments they have you complete. A week later i was asked to complete a video interview, whivh you are not timed on. You have 3 chances to rerecord your answers if you dont like how you originally responded.

Interview Questions

• Please specifically describe what you know about the Auto Damage Adjuster position and why you are interested in it. Focus your response on why you want to work in the Adjuster position, and not why you want to work for GEICO.   2 Answers

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I got a phone call and an interview over the phone after I initially applied online.
    The phone interview was quick and there was a 'dry' feel to it as well. I did pass and went ahead to set up a computer test and a physical interview.
    The computer test was easy, very confusing for someone who does not have prior experience in using that interface but it still was understandable, followed by a typing test.
    After giving the tests I was a bit skeptical but the person who was to take my interview came out and told me that I passed and now we'll move on with the interview.
    The interview itself was very long and thorough, I could tell that the the interviewer liked me as he gave me props for a couple of answers and kept on running out of places because of my long detailed answers.
    After we were done he gave me a sense of assurance that I nailed it, while walking back to the front desk lobby he showed me around and told me what goes on around, the arrangement of the office and about the workers.
    After that he said he'll be right back after talking to his hiring manager.
    He came back with a very weird and confused look on his face and told me that I will get a response within a couple days via email. It was like I could read from his face that his manager told him something different than what he wanted. I told him that I know what that means, I thanked him and left.
    Got an email telling me I'm not selected.
    It was disappointing for having such an amazing interview and then seeing the same person kind of put off as well.

Interview Questions

• How often you look forward to promotions?
      Can you work under a list of bosses?
      Tell us about a situation questions.
      Customer situation questions.
      Crew member questions.
      Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I made it through to the role play assessment. It was very strange and had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I was disappointed at first that I didn't pass the role play, but then decided it was an unfair test and I probably wouldn't have been happy there after all.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions in the phone interview was describe a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was a phone call interview first before attending a panel interview after completing a personality assessment. The personality assessment consisted of number pattern recognition, relationship recognition, and personality trait questions. The phone call interview took around 15 minutes and there was a series of questions about customer experience influencing and teamwork history. The panel interview consisted of a follow up of similar questions about how well you work in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to influence a customer experience?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to provide writing samples. After that, the recruiter followed up with me to schedule a 30 minute phone screen. After providing my availability and not hearing back for a few days, I decided to follow up - still no response. I followed up a total of three times and received no response. The recruiter ghosted and I have had no update on the position since.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview wasn't really an interview just availability questions. I went in for an interview but apparently I didn't pass their typing test which I think is a load of crap no one even spoke to me. They are so selective like their a government entity or something. I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Do have call center experience
      What's your availability
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Clarence, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough and some parts are somewhat difficult. First step is an easy phone interview, after that they have you come in for a typing test and multitasking test. This part may fluster you but just stay calm and focused and you'll do fine. After that they set up a face to face interview, and in this part you are asked behavioral interview questions so study up on that. Also if you don't have sales experience, make sure you come up with a few scenarios on how you would handle a sale. If you pass this part you then go through a role playing exercise where you are answering telephone calls and selling a product. They give you a packet with all the information you need. It is awkward but remain confident and make sure you ask for the sale. The third phone call is designed for you not to close the sale no matter what so ask for the sale twice then leave it at that. This is by far the hardest part of the interview. If you pass this part you will then be taken to the sales floor and listen to a sales representative handle sales and calls for about an hour. Then you meet with the hiring supervisor which is more formal so be professional and maintain confidence throughout. A lot of the interview is testing how good you are being put on the spot. After that interview you will be offered the job if you did well, and then they take a hair analysis drug test and background check. If you pass all of this the job is yours!!! Good luck everyone I had a positive experience and I hope you do too.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handle a situation where everything was going wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Online video interview, phone interview, in-person interview. The in-person interview is a role play where I was placed into a rundown office and asked to play the role as an adjuster. I thought this was tough because there was a lot of information and I had no previous experience as an adjuster.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

Horrible. I never had the opportunity to speak to an individual in an interview setting. I was removed from the process based off of a personality test that did not match with what they were looking for. Had I been given the opportunity to have a face to face conversation with an interviewer, I feel as if it would've been a better experience.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Holly, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Mount Holly, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Ridiculous experience. I made it all the way to the role play which I felt I did decent on given the fact they make you learn the job in 30 minutes. I stayed calm and collective like the others stated on here but was quickly shown the door right after the role play and said I'd be contacted within a few days. I knew what that meant and I received a rejection email the next day. Geico just a tip for you: if you expect people to know exactly what they are doing when they come in for the role play, don't refer to it as a "trainee" position. You'll save us all some time, gas, and a day off of work. I have a bachelors degree and a lot of experience in customer service. Will not be applying here in the future as the hiring process is drawn out just to get a "thanks but no thanks" email after doing a decent job given the circumstances for a TRAINEE position.

Interview Questions

• On the one to one interview a couple of weeks before the role play: why do you want to be an auto damage adjuster?   Answer Question