General Mills Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 918 of over 918 interviews

Recruiter10%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN)

Interview

The HR person sent me an email to set up the first screening interview. On the interview day, 5 mins before the interview, I got an email to cancel the interview because the HR’s dog was sick. I tried to reschedule the interview several times through email but never got a response. I then followed up by phone two weeks later and the HR told me that she completely forgot it and it was her mistake and she will send my resume to the hiring manager. I finally received no interview callback at all and got a rejection through email a week later. The HR person was very disorganized in their selection process and failed to treat candidate with respect.

Interview Questions
  • No question asked from HR.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I interviewed at General Mills (Dunwoody, GA)

Interview

Initial screening call followed by longer job related technical screening call followed by zoom call with multiple team members. All very polite and professional . Questions were all related to the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly situational STAR questions along with some tell me about your experience related to “blank”.

General Mills

Application

I interviewed at General Mills

Interview

Round 1 is a Phone interview ( I talked to the manager that I later ended up working for), Round 2- back to back on site interview with 3 manager on the team. Very straight forward. 1 month in total from when I was first called to schedule an interview to when I got my offer letter.

Interview Questions
  • Basic stuff that you can google. Nothing is that hard or will take hours to prepare for. If you're somewhat qualified for the job and can articulate yourself well, you'll be highly considered for a hire.

General Mills

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills in May 2021

Interview

Recruiter round, first round is technical + behavioral round, then SQL & Python coding round using codility, hogan personality development tests, final round with hiring manager, 2 Sr. Data scientists and data team manager

Interview Questions
  • First round: * Experience and why you left jobs? * Why General Mills? * Explain PCA to a jr.DS * Tell me about a time that you had conflict with your manager? * Tell me about a time when you worked with other teams to get your job done? * How do you explain coefficients of a linear regression to a business person? * Tell me about a time you had to convince your manager to listen to you? * What are your long term career plans? Codility: * Implement Mutual Info probability distribution using Python Final round: Hiring Manager: * How do you deal with bad data? How did you handle them ? * How do deal with missing values ? * Is more data always good ? * What is cross-validation, explain ? * Which tool do you prefer ? R or Python ? * What do you do when distribution of train & test data is different ? * What is the size of data that you worked with? No of observations and No of features ? * Your experience writing production level code ? * experience with GCP ? * Around Betty crocker's website. Recipe recommendations? How do you ask them questions ? How do you see if your model is performing well or not ? How do you deploy a model ? * How to motivate team members ? * How did you help under performers 2 Sr. DS: provides a python notebook, which is almost same as https://github.com/andreagrandi/ml-pima-notebook/blob/master/PimaIndiansDiabetes.ipynb data team manager: 1 question per General Mills values, around helping team members, a situation where you did the right thing, etc

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2021

Interview

Human Resources were transparent about the position and process. The interviews were challenging and thorough. The interviewers were insightful and and transparent. The concluding assessment portion was thorough and challenging.

Interview Questions
  • Scenario based questions regarding the company and position.

General Mills

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at General Mills

Interview

The process included HR, hiring manager and a small number of team of colleagues which you would be working with as part of the Interview Process. It occurred over a 2-3 week period.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a about yourself and why you are interested in this role.

General Mills

Application

I interviewed at General Mills

Interview

Standard Interview and questions, typical 3 step process. Initial phone screening followed by interview with hiring manager and incumbent. After this quickly progressed to third interview with hiring manager and sales director.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

General Mills

Application

I interviewed at General Mills

Interview

It’s not too difficult. Just have the STAR format down! All situational based for the most part. I found that they were trying to find if you could fit into the culture

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to juggle multiple demands

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Murfreesboro, TN) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with two different managers. I then had a third virtual teams meeting with the same two and had to answer more challenging questions related to my experiences and how I handled certain situations.

Interview Questions
  • These were all based off the STAR format

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Mumbai) in Apr 2021

Interview

Went well, they ask basic ServiceNow HR related questions including work in Portal & Widgets, Basic Scripting and workflow questions. They want skilled and confident people to work with and along with the interviewer who was Indian there was a US person also. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 918 Interviews