General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process at General Mills was great from the moment they flew me out of Tennessee to giving me a box of Lucky Charms ( My favorite) at the end. Everyone who I spoke to was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process began with breakfast with a previous LMA who had nothing but good things to say about the company followed by 3 behavioral interviews with members from the Supply Chain team whom were very knowledgeable in their discipline. Then we ate lunch with another LMA graduate who was a pleasure to meet as well. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great company with sound values. HQ was awesome, cool offices and meeting rooms. I had a great experience and appreciate the invite and opportunity to interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you learn and standardized a process for future use?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

STAR style On Campus interview . Trying to understand how you approach and solve problems. There were two on campus interviews. Additionally there was a aptitude and personality assessment that was taken.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a problem under a deadline.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I found the position through LinkedIn and reached out to some fellow Alumni who also work in the Marketing Department at General Mills. I had some good conversations with them and decided I would like to apply. My resume was passed along and I was directed to apply online. After about 3 weeks I was emailed asking me to set up an initial phone screening. The phone screen was 20-30 minutes long with behavioral questions and the classic "walk me through your resume" question. A few days later I was emailed and asked to meet for a 2-3 hour interview at General Mills World HQ in Golden Valley, MN. Before that interview I was asked to complete a personality/behavioral assessment (300 Questions) and a Deductive Reasoning Test (18 Questions). Combined they took about 1 hour. I recommend practicing the deductive reasoning test as it was very challenging. Make sure to have a pen and paper on hand.

The day of the interview I was greeted by HR and then walked directly to my first of two 30-40 minute interviews. These interviews were structured similarly to the phone screen with behavioral questions and time at the end for you to ask questions.

After these two interviews I was given a goodie bag and sent on my way. I was told that I would know the outcome of the interviews in less than two weeks.

Overall it was an excellent interview process and I very much gained a strong appreciation for General Mills. I'll update later if I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Marketing?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to rally a group who was skeptical behind an idea/project that you were working on?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you worked with very complex data, how you went about organizing it and what the outcome was?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Mills in September 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming, very relaxed interview. The people are friendly and welcoming. After you get a tour of the plant in a group the your interview starts. You get two interviews with two different people. They will ask you basic questions. Answer them honestly.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by personality and reasoning online inventories, then in person interview. Met with recruiting rep then four half hour interviews with different people (from department and HR).

Interview Questions

• Behavior based scenarios (tell us about a time when ... ) and some technical questions (use of applications for work or leisure)   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

You posted your resume to General Mills career page and you will be notified if there are any related jobs are open.

Once you find a good job match, you apply on line. If General Mills thinks you are a good candidate for the job, they will schedule a 45 minutes phone interview.

Once you passed the phone interview, they will schedule an onsite 4 hours interview. You will meet the IT manager, the manager in other team that you will work with, the HR person, the smart guys or experts on IT technologies in the hiring team, the system architect. You will be asked to write some code. At the end of the interview, a team member will take you for coffee break.

It is a very intensive review process to make sure, they will get a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep on with the new technologies in a busy schedule?   1 Answer

Senior IT Audit Interview

Application

Interview

Interview initially started with a phone interview followed by face to face . There was aptitude and personality assessment (Hogan & CEB-Deductive Reasoning) which had to be completed 48 hrs before scheduled interview. Interview process was non I've ever had. I was nervous at first because I've not done job interview in 7+ but everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. The culture at GM is astonishing and you can see that through the employees. Not to forget, I got a gift bag with some of my favorite GM products.

Interview Questions

• All the interviews were STAR style.
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.
      Tell me about a time where you ......
      Tell me about yourself.....   Answer Question

HR Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

Initial phone interview is 30 minutes with STAR questions.

In-person interview consisted of 4 30 minute interviews back to back, primarily following STAR method. GM has an amazing culture and you can see that through the interview set-up as well as in the team itself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone interview with a current employee in the division. The phone interview was started by them asking me to go through my resume, and followed by several behavioral questions asking for a situation, task, action, and result. I was then asked to come in for a series of four 30 minute interviews. Prior to the in person interview I had to take a personality and deductive reasoning test. The interviews all followed the exact same line of behavioral questions as the phone interview. I then was informed by the recruiter via email I was not chosen for the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Each session of the interview went smoothly and on time. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I learned a lot about the company and position. They seemed to have a positive attitude towards the company.

Bakery Training Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Rogers, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

The entire process went smoothly and I was made feel at ease through each and every step. I could actually be myself and not feel intimidated by no one. I did 2 face to face interviews and 2 phone interviews and 1 Skype interview throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your retail job?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to deliver some news to a group of people that you knew was not going to be accepted very well by the recipients?   1 Answer