General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Mills Interview Questions

Interviews at General Mills

3.2

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in June 2020.

Interview

30 minute phone screening where I talked with the manager of the team I would be working on. I got an email saying they are interested in moving forward but I have not yet had the final interview!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills in June 2020.

Interview

it was really hard for me. They gave me multiple case studies and I had to talk to 6 different people of varying roles within the department. definitely kept me on my toes.

Customer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2020.

Interview

The process took 4+ weeks from the date of application to receiving an offer. I applied online and heard back 2 weeks later about setting up a 30 min phone interview. A week later, I had a phone interview with a Customer Operations Manager. I heard back at the end of the week about moving forward with a virtual interview. Prior to the virtual interview, I had to complete a few assessments: 2 personality assessments and a reasoning assessment. The virtual interview was completed over Zoom with 2 individuals: another Customer Operations Manager and a Reporting Analyst. About 1.5 weeks later, I received a phone call with an offer. It was a very comfortable and respectful experience. The Talent Solutions team is supportive in each step prior to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to use a large amount of data to make a decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had incomplete information to complete a task?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you wanted to pursue something but your manager did not support your decision? How did you navigate that?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Standard behavioral questions. First phone interview with hiring manager and then invited in for more interviews. Before going to the in person interview, you have to take a personality test which was easy but took some time. Additionally, there is a reasoning test that was very hard, you only get 22 minutes to answer 20 questions.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online, the recruiter reached out in 2-3 days and scheduled a phone call pretty quickly. The recruiter sent me a coding assessment which was easy. The next round was a technical phone screen with a Senior Data Scientist followed by a half-day on-site interview. Before the onsite interview, I had to also complete Hogan Personality Inventory, Hogan Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory, The Hogan Development Survey and a Deductive Reasoning Assessment.
    Interviewed with 4 interviewers from the Data Science team in 3 rounds (2-1-1) and had lunch with one where I had the chance to learn more about the company. My recruiting coordinator had told me it would only be a behavioral interview and there wouldn't be any case studies, but there was a technical case study where I was presented with a Jupyter notebook of someone's analysis on a common dataset to provide feedback as well as discuss what insights I can gain. During this, they asked me questions like what is Standardization & Normalization, etc.
    Another interviewer also spent quite some time discussing how to implement a recommendation system for Betty Crocker's website amongst other technical and behavioral questions. So the interviews aren't purely Behavioral of the type "Tell me about a time.....", they are a balanced mix of technical and behavioral. There isn't any whiteboard coding involved.

Overall I had a fantastic experience with the recruiters and the interviewers as well. Still waiting to hear back from them about my results. The process moved fast, I was on-site within 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• Codility assignment with two SQL queries and one Python challenge where you had to implement a mathematical formula solely using Numpy. Personality and Deductive reasoning assessment. The technical phone screen was related to past work. Technical case study onsite.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

Interview

1. Recruiter Phone Screen - 30 mins
    2. Codility test, 3 questions @ 30 mins each (C#/JS/SQL)
    3. Technical Phone Screen - 30 mins (w/ Architect)
    4. On-site (was moved to virtual due to Covid-19) (~3 hrs)

Interview Questions

• Given an API built in C#/.NET, manipulate some requests to do basic arithmetic , implement for functionality, and write unit tests.

Deep dive into technical background

Behavioral questions (times when there was a conflict, how to handle criticism, how to handle conflict w/ a coworker)   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

The interview process started with a lot of back and forth with the recruiter. Recruiter was hardly reachable over email and would disappear for a week or so. This happened 3 times until he was able to hop on a quick call. The overall hiring process was not laid out and no information about the role was provided. Finally codility assessment test link was sent where I had to answer 2 coding challenges. After codility, a telephonic round followed by an onsite interview meeting a total of 5 people (4 hours including lunch). Onsite was mostly technical which included system design, DS case study walk through etc. One of the interviewers came across arrogant and uninterested right from the start as if someone forced them to conduct the interview. I wanted to walk out of the interview when I heard one of them sigh multiple times while I presented. After the onsite round, I never heard back from the recruiter; which I had expected. The whole hiring process of GMI left a very bad taste.

Interview Questions

• Codility assessment tests you on some popular Python libraries and SQL.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Plymouth, MN) in February 2020.

Interview

The process started with a 30 min phone interview, followed by online logic and personality assessments, and concluded with an onsite tour and coffee with a current team member and 3 - 45 min sessions with different individuals from the team. One of the interviewers was off-site and did her portion via Skype. They had a IT person on hand to set up the call and hang out nearby in case of technical difficulties. Overall, this was a very pleasant, approachable interview process designed to get to know me and see if I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions covered both situational and technical aspects of the job and were aimed at understanding my approach to soft skills, problem-solving, and applying my past knowledge to labeling food products   1 Answer

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Charlotte, NC) in February 2020.

Interview

It took about 5 weeks from submitting Resume on line to interviews. First call was a Phone screening with HR. A week later had a 30 min call with Regional Manager. Then a two week time period before interviews. Had to complete 3 personality assessments and an online logic test. Finally Three interviews in one day. One with Regional and Zone Mangers. Role play interview, and a Skype Interview with HR. Overall a great experience. GM give all the websites to rereview and research.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2020.

Interview

There was a phone interview, then I was called for an onsite interview. In between there was a brief online assessment. Onsite interview included a coffee chat where you could ask about the job and workplace.